US Political Discussion: Trump Administration Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

At least Huckasanders is gone. Good riddance.

2. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

I am still shocked she lasted over 60 Mooches.

Explorer, tedtan and StevenC like this.
  3. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

So, We Are at War With Iran. We Have Always Been At War With Iran. We Are Not At War With Iran. We Have Never Been At War With Iran. We Didn't Call Back A Strike On Iran. We Simply Decided Not To Do It Right Now.

You sort of feel like Trump negotiates with all the finesse of a bull in a china shop, you know? The Art of the Deal was actually painted with a sledgehammer.

4. vilk

vilk Very Regular

You know, I consider myself, for an American, to be particularly interested with world geography / culture, etc. In high school, because I had finished all the credits for graduation early, I took extra world history classes and language classes. In university, so as to earn my totally useless and unmarketable degree, I took many courses on language, world history, religion, etc.

Yet I was a grown ass 25+ year old man before I finally learned that Iranians are not Arabic and that they do not speak Arabic. The vast majority of Iranians are Persian, and the Persian language is called Farsi.

Less than 2% of Iranians are Arab. Though written Farsi is based off the Arabic writing system (like English and Finnish both use the Latin alphabet), it is otherwise not even of the same language family.

I don't really have anything to say about the current situation or anything, I just felt so totally stupid once I finally learned this about Iran, I wanted to share it with anyone here who might not have known.

Scratch that; I do have something to say about this situation: I will only vote for an anti-war candidate. Right now, the only person running that I know for certain has consistently, without fail, been against the United States' endless war machine is Bernie Sanders. The DNC can take Joe Biden and shove him right up their stupid asses.

Adieu, Thaeon, JoshuaVonFlash and 3 others like this.
  5. spudmunkey

*whew* Just this morning, I was all, "No activity in this thread for 10 days? Has it been locked, or something".

The only reason I knew about Farsi was because I, also at around 25, worked with an Iranian woman, and learned about it by knowing/talking to her.

vilk likes this.
  6. Ralyks

So while reading just now that the White House will bar Kelly Anne Crypt Keeper Conway from testifying before Congress, I need to know one, isn’t all of this “immunity” and “executive privilege” stuff just a bunch of bullshit and two, isn’t this all just obstruction playing out before our very eyes?

Adieu likes this.
  7. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Bernard, lemme attend Burlington for free bro.

8. Aso

Aso Single Hum Zealot Contributor

Yes, it's obstruction out in plain sight. I don't think the system is setup to deal with the leadership wanting to act in bad faith.

I am surprised there isn't more discussion on Oregon and how they called off state congressional votes due to the GOP legislators going AWOL and the militia's have sworn to protect them. They even called off a Saturday session due to concerns of violence from the militias. I just can't understand why the state government would back cancel due to threats from a militia and not be going after them and arresting folks.

Ordacleaphobia, synrgy and Randy like this.
  9. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

They've called for their arrest and have been fining them $500 a day.

The issue is jurisdictional, as they have fled to other states, mostly Idaho, and are "in hiding".

One of the fleeing state senators basically said he'd shoot police who try to return him to do his job. Surely "Blue Lives Matter". :rolleyes:

Ordacleaphobia and synrgy like this.
  10. Ralyks

And where did this whole E. Jean Carroll thing come from?

Seriously, no post for 10 days and boy does some shit happen.

Thaeon likes this.
  11. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

Its almost like posting in this thread keeps the really dumb shit from happening in larger quantities... No. Really it doesn't. But one can dream that screaming into the vacuum that is the internet has real world effect.

Adieu likes this.
  12. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I wanted to give us all a pat on the back for having better things to do and not even bothering to post in here for like 10 days. I fear what it looks like over in other OT sections these days...

StevenC, Ordacleaphobia and Adieu like this.
  13. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Boy, what a weird woman though. Did you see the Anderson Cooper interview yesterday where she dances around her definition of rape and he throws to commercial in a hurry?

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1143318665099538432

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    efiltsohg likes this.
  14. Ralyks

While I’m a little unsure if the Carroll thing happened, I don’t think “She’s not even my type” is a good defense against rape accusations...

15. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Oh yeah, the guy is a classless pig. I expected his first response to be "never met her before" even before he saw what she looked like, and the second was going to be to insult her looks 1.) regardless of what she looks like 2.) after looking at her NOW vs what she looked like when he (allegedly) did it. "Pft, come on my wife is a super model, why would I rape that prune?"

Also yes, in any other context, acknowledging a link between a woman being your "type" and raping her would be fatal to your reputation but here we are.

JSanta likes this.
  16. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

It's a brave new world.

Or rather, it is... but only for USA.

It, like most other current political events, is straight from the playbook of any number of failed and/or perpetually turbulent Latin American states.

Welcome to our new shithole reality.

17. Ralyks

But why can't we have a good reality? Like Norway?

.... I'll see myself out.

tedtan likes this.
  18. spudmunkey

[​IMG]

Randy and Adieu like this.
  19. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

It's probably my fault, I was in Mexico all last week. :lol: Awesome time, really cool country, super nice people - Trump's out of his fucking mind. :lol:

It is, the Democrats know that, and in the case of Hope Hicks it was so blatant that the Dems think it was a gift for their coming court case forcing Trump staff to testimony, because the White House is using executive privilege in situations where it can't possibly apply:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/21/hope-hicks-democrats-trump-1374706

Thaeon likes this.
  20. Ralyks

Seriously, I've been to Mexico a few times, and it's always been a pleasant experience.