US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

[citation needed]

Veldar, Lada The Great, JimF and 5 others like this.
  2. Dayn

Dayn SS.org Regular

I think the username answers that question.

Veldar, MUTANTOID, JimF and 3 others like this.
  3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

I ended up getting halfway into the video and he tries to defend Jon by saying "I mean we all make dumb decisions once in awhile".

The problem is that I don't think most normal people don't try to join a planned mob of insurrectionists that had the intent to capture (or even kill) people trying to start the transfer of power away from their cult leader. Jon's an Alex Jones dude and has been seen in pro-Trump rallies, so there's a massive chance he's in, or knew about, the circles that were planning out this coup. He's making it sound like Jon waltz in the crowd while on a random visit to DC. :lol:

Veldar likes this.
  4. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

First saw it on the front page of the New York Post.

"But the final analysis, a RIOT is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear?" -- MLK

Make no mistake about it, we are in the last days of Empire.

Thorshammer1980 and KailM like this.
  5. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

So no citation just hearsay? Every reputable source is saying that's utter nonsense as recently as yesterday. FBI says there's no evidence of antifa being connected even at all.

There's a bunch of talking heads saying it's antifa without any evidence, and a bunch of evidence that it was known far right folks involved. There are plenty of widely known and vocal figures from one group identified, and self-identified, very publicly while none from the other.

Case in point, Jon Schaffer was there but weirdly Tom Morello wasn't.

It doesn't matter who said a quote, it's not evidence of anything. It's an especially dumb quote when the US just had it's largest voter turnout and those rioting lost, a bunch of red states flipped and the Republicans were in charge and still supressing blue voters.

But also, why would a group that just won their elections start a riot? What possible sense does that make?

I'll repeat [citation needed].

Veldar, JimF, Millul and 5 others like this.
  6. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I'd argue this doesn't even need to be a conspiracy for this to be the most likely outcome. Increased police powers, surveillance, etc are bound to be coming. Liberals, Democrats, whatever, in their haste to feel like something is being done about the threat that's now been made visible to some of them for the first time, are going to endorse giving the state a broad new array of tools to close in on wherever they deem "radical" and suppress and dismantle anything resembling an actual left wing movement.

Meanwhile the Far-Right terror threat will grow largely unimpeded. Left-Wing activists will continue to do the actual hard work, collecting info, uncovering new threats and making them known only to be largely ignored.

The FBI and police will continue as normal, propagating far right sentiment within their own ranks, and likely occasionally investigating the aftermath of a far-right terror attack as they spend most of their energy wasting money trying to find a way to dissolve the left.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    vilk, broj15 and zappatton2 like this.
  7. HeHasTheJazzHands

Washington Times ran with the story that a company named XRVision correctly identified the rioters as "members" of Antifa.

...Which later had to be corrected because XRVision threatened to sue them, because they never said anything of the fact.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/facial-recognition-antifa-washington-times-false

8. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Like I said, it was a glancing scan of whatever is on the headlines of news feeds.
    Over it. Not my fight.

Gave over $1,000 to Tulsi Gabbard's campaign run.
    Signed the #forcethevote petition to get a medicare for all floor vote in the senate.
    I think it disgusting that my country is the only fist world nation that didn't give its people a monthly UBI while putting them outta work.

I refuse to be attached or labeled to either side of the ridiculous social/political divide.
    I also refuse to buy into the radical ideologies that push this crap.
    Whether it be woke diversity/inclusivity eat the rich, or ...whatever it is that the right pushes these day IDK cuz I don't follow.

Things are coming to a head here in the states, and the signals from history are clear.

Might I ask, why does a guitar playing chap from Ireland have interest in U.S. policy?

philkilla, KailM, VGK17 and 1 other person like this.
  9. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

aesthyrian likes this.
  10. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

The important thing is not to make claims without backing them up. You made claims and I asked because I'd only seen things to the contrary. I don't want to make any assumptions or criticisms of your political positions, just of your irresponsible spread of misinformation.

The reason a guitar playing chap from Ireland might have an interest in US politics could range from anything like having plenty of dear friends and family living there, to the US is the most powerful nation and your politics affects the rest of the world in dramatic ways. For a more direct reason, maybe you should read the Good Friday Agreement.

Veldar, JimF, cwhitey2 and 6 others like this.
  11. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

:cheers:

JimF and StevenC like this.
  12. HeHasTheJazzHands

To think we thought that Gibson buying Mesa Boogie was going to be the most insane story of the week.

Veldar, Edika, Xaios and 12 others like this.
  13. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Canada, can we come in yet? Please?

Musiscience, Thaeon and zappatton2 like this.
  14. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
    At this moment, that's peanuts...

Zhysick likes this.
  15. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

Lol no, you need to stay down there to keep the crazies from taking over.

Musiscience, StevenC and zappatton2 like this.
  16. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Why do people keep calling a coup attempt by domestic terrorists a riot or insurrection by rioters?

Are we already pretending it wasn't as bad as it was? I mean sure, we like to have a laugh at how stupid they look fumbling around killing themselves and not having a clue what they're doing. However, the clear intent was to take hostages and make public executions. Just because whatever right wing extremist authorities chose vanilla isis to try it this time, doesn't mean they won't be better prepared and more capable next time.

17. Celtic Frosted Flakes

Celtic Frosted Flakes SS.org Regular

This.

Why would somebody bring zip ties into the Capitol building if not to take hostages?

f67e5969-0b22-40d6-8989-3b8ef81013e2.jpg
    I'm not saying they were going to make public executions, but I have no doubt they were going to take hostages with the zip ties.

The guy in the picture, Eric Gavelek Munchel, is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the Counterterrorism Section of the DOJ’s National Security Division. This was not just some random Trump supporter peacefully entering the Capitol Building.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/two-men-charged-connection-events-us-capitol

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Veldar, aesthyrian, Emperoff and 3 others like this.
  18. thraxil

thraxil cylon

Small point, but I wish the media would stop saying "zip ties". Those are flex cuffs. That dude didn't have them because he was planning to tidy up some wiring at the Capitol.

19. Lemonbaby

Lemonbaby SS.org Regular

Saw that one! "Tenet" - great movie! :agreed:

JimF likes this.
  20. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Yes. Basically, "the army was there to prevent the new government from stealing the election".