US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Hope you guys get through this mess, and I hope every single fucking protestor in this is caught and has the book thrown at them, all the way up the food chain to Donald fucking Trump himself.

tedtan, Wuuthrad, Thaeon and 6 others like this.
  2. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Double post but fuck it - media here is reporting that he protestors have destroyed media equipment from American outlets. I don't know if it's just them being angry mob or intentionally trying to silence news/messages getting out. Either way it's fucking insane.

3. Musiscience

Musiscience Hail the Ibbyborn!

That feeling is relatable, what the hell is happening with people over here idolizing Trump.

thebeesknees22 likes this.
  4. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

So black people asking not to be killed is worthy of the riot police, white people storming government buildings is what? Tolerated Patriotism?

5. groverj3

groverj3 Bioinformagician

Yeah, this is #merica.

Thaeon and Musiscience like this.
  6. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

Republican Representative Markwayne Mullin was being interviewed over the phone on NBC and was asked about whether there was "irresponsible rhetoric" that lead to this and immediately answered "there's been irresponsible rhetoric on both sides" and went on to state he "has a hard time believing" the people who stormed the capitol are "true Trump supporters".

Zhysick likes this.
  7. groverj3

I'm sure that's a part of it.

I'm not a big fan of police, but everyone who broke into the building should be arrested. It should be pretty easy, as they were taking fucking selfies there.

And here I thought 2021 might be better than 2020. I guess it can only go up from here? (Knock on wood)

Thaeon likes this.
  8. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Oh, this guy?

rONz25g.png

USMarine75, JSanta and Randy like this.
  9. groverj3

I heard that. What a fucking joke. Bootlicker.

Necris and thebeesknees22 like this.
  10. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Unpopular opinion, but I don't think it's wrong to become a police officer to shoot people. It is wrong, though, if you don't shoot people indiscriminately.

Wuuthrad, JSanta, Randy and 1 other person like this.
  11. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Except the cabinet is all hack loyalists installed in acting capacity not confirmed competent who would vote properly

groverj3 likes this.
  12. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

One from the Trump-side saying that this wasn't because anything that Trump said or have done and that those people aren't related to Trump... yeah, I buy that the same way I am going to buy a Vik headless...

13. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

I forget who, but someone is already drawing up another impeachment. It won’t oust him, but if they can finish it after he’s out of office he at least can’t get re-elected.

14. groverj3

At least two different congresspeople are.

Thaeon likes this.
  15. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Yeah but remember that time Obama wore a tan suit?

16. Randy

Randy The Pusterience™ Super Moderator

Would like to point out this was the "protect our monuments" guy, who pretty much let his people smash up the centerpiece of American Democracy. Don't let them touch that Robert E Lee statue tho!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    failsafe, tedtan, cwhitey2 and 4 others like this.
  17. Randy

Randy The Pusterience™ Super Moderator

There's some kind of sycophanty there but I'd imagine there's also some literal Stockholm Syndrome going on. Knowing that these people can crash through the door of Congress at any second, this is their coping mechanism they'll be left alone.

18. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

I hope Kyle Rittenhouse is on his way to help protect businesses.

tedtan, USMarine75, Xaios and 3 others like this.
  19. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

But I mean... He's mentally unstable. Every decision that he's made ( at least into the latter part of last year) has been only about garnering admiration from anyone that might become his core support group. No reasoning, no direction, no long-term game plan... Only existing to validate himself and to protect himself from reality. I think that this now is all just the icing on the fruitcake for him... "They destroyed me so I'm gonna destroy them haha". We all knew that he was going to burn it all down if he didn't get his way.

20. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

Ok so I don't normally view or comment on the politics sub-forum mainly because I'm not 18 yet and can't vote (duh) nor do I actually really like to talk politics on a guitar forum, but I figured I need somewhere good to put this since I wanna get it off my chest:

I decided after two months or so of going back and forth that I'm no longer a Trump supporter. Not gonna give you guys like a full history or whatever of how I became a Trump supporter and the whole 9 yards, but I'll go ahead and share what made me post this.

Once the media started declaring Biden to be the winner, I figured I'm much better off accepting it and moving on with my life rather than sitting around saying "#NotMyPresident" and stuff like that (basically not wanting to accept the results) because I felt it was stupid then and it's stupid now to act that way. Anyways, I started to think that Trump is better off conceding because as you can obviously tell, it's embarrassing for the country and for people like me who felt being a good sport essentially would be better. I don't mean to sound like I'm better than other Trump supporters because I'm willing to accept/move on from the election, it's just honestly how I feel and I feel like there's nothing wrong with that. Fast forward to today, my whole feeling was that if this day went to shit, it was gonna be the final straw for me and it obviously was. Ultimately, I was a little reluctant to admit that it was time for me to get off the Trump train, but I knew it was gonna happen eventually.

Sorry if my post here is a little random, just wanted to spew my thoughts out somewhere.

Drew, Mathemagician, Zhysick and 7 others like this.