US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. vilk

vilk Very Regular

But Trump is in charge of the military. This is like if Hitler had done the Beer Hall Putsch in 1937

USMarine75 and Millul like this.
  2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Same. I'm actually sick to my stomach and weeping internally for this country.

donald trump needs to be imprisoned for the rest of his miserable life but sadly, the hate and division across this country is stronger than it has ever been before.

ElysianGuitars likes this.
  3. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

Very dark day.

4. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

Two people have been shot, and the rumors are already starting to circulate that it's actually antifa folks dressed up as Trump supporters inciting the violence, while holding dixieland flags.

This is insanity of the highest order. While I live in the middle of the country and may not see any massive effects from this outright for a while, the chances the US remains intact seem to be dwindling by the moment right now. Even if the military strikes, this level of coup attempt will ripple across the nation for a long time to come.

5. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

ok, for fun, lets play this out.

these morons make a mess in the capitol. they get arrested or they leave. highly unlikely they stay in there forever.

does that mean trump gets a 2nd term? no.

what does this solve or change? nothing.

why do you guys think this will be the end of the country?

Wuuthrad and Jonathan20022 like this.
  6. Zhysick

Zhysick SS.org Regular

That doesn't make any sense: antifas/anti-Trump/whatever have already won because Trump has to leave the White House... why should they risk their lifes if they have already won?

Makes no sense... Maybe the logic there is different, I don't know...

7. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

Screenshot_20210106-123206_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20210106-124638_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210106-124704_Gallery.jpg
    20210106_125620.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  8. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

listening to CNN on sirius radio while driving fuck makes me want to cry like Van Jones

9. nightflameauto

There are already groups of folks saying this won't go away when they stop the current riot. People in other states promising to carry out similar acts in their state capitols. While the country may not be completely dismantled by this, it's not going to be the same as it was. Once Biden is in office (and that's definitely going to happen, regardless) we're going to have a big enough segment of the country truly believing he's illegitimate and with a blueprint of how to demonstrate against that supposed illegitimacy that it's going to leave scars.

This isn't a "cute drama" situation. It's an actual coup attempt that, even when (not if) it fails, will leave damage that lasts at least as long as any of us will be around. This type of thing doesn't get quieter just because you stop the first round of lunatics. This is just the beginning.

Zhysick likes this.
  10. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I take issue only with you placing this at the feet of the left and not the garden variety liberals who consider themselves to be a part of the "enlightened" center, who insist that we must "Resist" Trump and the ideas he embodies but are quick to yell at and condescend to the actual left about the need for non-violence and the primacy of optics above all when they deem certain actions too extreme. Otherwise, yeah. On the best days Democrats wander left towards the actual center, lose their nerve and negotiate themselves back to the right, they've no doubt helped to facilitate this, but I don't feel in any way that they hold the majority of the blame.

That's a classic coup, take the capital, the houses etc. eventually the military will have to make a choice on which side to support.
    If the military has to remove these people by force it could all be over tomorrow, OR you could kick off a country wide insurgency.

sleewell likes this.
  11. nightflameauto

The rumors are coming from right-leaning people that are part of the protests but not directly involved in the capitol storming. Of course they're claiming it's "those other guys." I can't see how antifa would be involved at all. Why risk your life to fake your enemy being an idiot when they're more than happy to prove that all on their own?

It's just more proof that reality and Trump support don't really see eye to eye.

DiezelMonster and Zhysick like this.
  12. Millul

Millul SS.org Regular

This is unreal

bostjan likes this.
  13. spudmunkey

14. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Never thought I'd live to see this in the USA. :(

US Capitol burning. People storming in to interrupt the election process being shot, pipe bombs everywhere...

This was a (poorly) coordinated event. This wasn't completely haphazard.

15. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

16. iamaom

iamaom SS.org Regular

Less than a year a go BLM protestors were being teargassed and beaten by police for the high crime of not wanting to be teargassed and beaten by police. People flying the confederate flag (a flag of seditious traitors who fought for slavery) storm the capital with weapons and home made bombs during a congressional meeting, and now police officers and members of the government are encouraging it (see above post). I don't think the US is going to suddenly dissolve USSR style, but this is another 9/11 style watershed moment. Between mass shootings on a yearly basis, the Oregon standoff with Bundy, one of the most powerful men of the free world fucking up an international viral outbreak, and this, I'm not sure how you can carry on and act like life is normal and alright.

17. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

damn I was hoping I was wrong about them having a freakout

18. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

Biden on tv trying to quell the insurrection being lead by Trump. This didn’t just happen. Trump whipped them to a frenzy at a rally and unleashed them upon the Capitol. Trump is not indirectly responsible - he is directly responsible for fomenting insurrection by domestic terrorists.

Trump could be on TV doing the same but no of course why he was the one who incited this insurrection.

Giuliani said they would engage in “trial by combat”.

Meanwhile, Ivanka calling them Patriots.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    tedtan and Zhysick like this.
  19. thebeesknees22

thebeesknees22 SS.org Regular

yeah Trump put out a video stoking the fire even though he told people to go home. He spent more time talking about how the election was "stolen" from him than trying to calm people down and getting them to leave.

Zhysick and spudmunkey like this.
  20. spudmunkey

Oh, he just released a video tweet.

Basically, "you've robbed, but go home...but you've been robbed, and the election was fraudulent."

USMarine75 likes this.