US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Sir do you know how Congress works.

narad and Dineley like this.
  2. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

The current “right wing” party of the country has over the last 20 years decided that ALL government spending is “a waste” and accordingly when in power they continue to:

1) Break- allowing the school voucher system whereby government dollars can go to school options other than public schools

2) Defund- literally every arts and after school program, constant freezes on teacher pay due to budget cuts, not paying for infrastructure UPGRADES - tech is better than it was 40+ years ago we don’t need repairs we need new types of public transport. But there’s always more budget for a police precinct to have another armored tank in BFE Indiana.

3) Burden with debt- The US Amtrak system and as of the mid 2000’s the USPS system as well which were burdened on purpose to make them “not profitable” to justify privatizing them. The USPS is enshrined in the constitution FFS, but guys claiming to be “constitutionalists” don’t seem to mind.

The right wing party then POINTS to the very things THEY broke or in the case of McConnell left the bills that would fix them die, and say “see it’s all government waste and doesn’t work so you should just cut it all and get a magical tax cut”.

But as we saw from the most recent Republican tax cut under trump, it’s the poorest people - the 65% of the US that makes $75k or less who will take the kick in the teeth when their measly $200-400/yr tax cut fall off in 2021.

Then guys like Dejoy the current head of USPS gives his old company a massive multimillion dollar contract which is a massive conflict of interest but AG Barr appointed under the right wing administration won’t charge Dejoy and protect against the improper allocation of US taxpayer dollars.

The right wing as it stands breaks down American institutions and then privatizes it by selling it to their own businesses or associates businesses thereby PREVENTING HAVING TO COMPETE WITH THE LESS EXPENSIVE PUBLIC OPTION.

All of the biggest companies support that party for that reason, republicans have promised to cut out any public competition to the private sector, allowing the private sector to offer inferior services at higher prices - see internet access costs and the lack of access in 2020 for many rural Americans.

All while “cutting spending” that will have to be made up by a responsible Democratic administration. That is by design, it allows them to say “see democrats want to raise your taxes!

Which for many people is the only issue they vote on. The real joke is that I’d rather just make 5, 10, 15% more money every year because of awesome economic growth than try to nickel and dime an extra 1% by getting a tax cut.

When people are educated, healthy, and working it creates demand and economic activity.

Right wing policy wants you to fight over scraps of a small pie, whereas most democratic policy wants to invest in things that will make the pie bigger.

The middle ground is “should we give teachers a raise of 4% or 6%” not “should we freeze teachers pay 5+ years if we can get away with it to justify a tax cut?”

It’s “should we budget to have a new high speed rail done in 2 years (more costly) or 3 years (spread it out an extra year). Not “let’s destroy all rail and accept lobbying dollars from the auto industry for our next election.”

Middle ground requires good-faith actors on both sides.

Drew and aesthyrian like this.
  3. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

Sir yes I do...

4. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

The man who gets his healthcare from Canada does not believe what he's saying.

5. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

The gang that couldn't sue straight! :rofl:

"non-zero number":rofl:
    "hearsay within hearsay" :rofl:

And Rump finally said the words "He Won" and then everything else after was a lie...
    Gota play to that base and keep them mindlessly chanting!
    SAD...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  6. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

The conspiracy theory of the 2020 election is here to stay, SAD...
    "Trump has created a cancer that's metastasizing"

AND he keeps feeding it more and more!

7. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

8. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Damn dude, you're doing like more than half the posts in this thread now.

9. Wuuthrad

Wuuthrad SS.org Regular

10. narad

Jeez, Chelsea's almost as old as Hillary was when Bill took office. That's blowing my mind.

Edika and zappatton2 like this.
  11. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

You're kidding, right??? lol I mean you have to be because nobody could be that bad at math??? lol

Anyways...

I've been right about every prediction I've made so far so I'm going to make one more.

I say there is no way Rump OR anyone in his family will attend Biden's inauguration!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  12. narad

You posted 5 times on this page, this post makes 5 non-you posts on this page (and frankly the posts telling you you're posting as frequently as everyone-else-combined probably shouldn't count towards that).

And check out the previous page. I'm just saying some chill might go a long ways.

nikt, fantom, vilk and 4 others like this.
  13. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

Just put him on ignore.

failsafe, fantom and USMarine75 like this.
  14. narad

I do feel it'd be a nice "reaching across the aisle" moment to add one super liberal guy to the one existing super conservative guy I have in my ignore list.

Millul, fantom, USMarine75 and 3 others like this.
  15. StevenC

StevenC Javier Strat 8 2022

The problem is you end up with pages with 4 posts on them at a time. I tried this before, but the memes thread became unusable.

USMarine75 likes this.
  16. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Okay, I've warned you before. If you can't be civil you're gone.

This forum doesn't have auto-merge anymore, so chill out.

Last warning.

17. USMarine75

USMarine75 Colorless green ideas sleep furiously Contributor

over/under for times he said Rump, double posted, or rapid fire reposted every anti-Trump YouTube video?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    broj15 likes this.
  18. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

completely pissing off people that actually don't disagree with you.

what do we call that?

lipstick liberals.

Dineley and Dumple Stilzkin like this.
  19. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

So I'm seeing reports that protesters clashed last night in DC. Somebody got stabbed twenty-seven times. Bunch of arrests.

I'm sad watching what's happening to our country right now. It's maddening that even with some positive news it's laced with violence, rage, reality denial and conspiracies.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Dumple Stilzkin and zappatton2 like this.
  20. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

A whole lot of people can’t handle President-Elect Biden winning the presidency over and over for a week straight.

Dumple Stilzkin and Randy like this.