US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

Trump received it under what they call "compassionate use of experimental drugs" so it would seem like he is worse than they are letting on...

I hope this isn't too inane of a post for anyone?

2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

If he is taking experimental treatments he'd have to consent to them after getting the details and possible side effects. They won't just feed him drugs and treatments to help him especially since he's the President.

So his situation is actually severe, which is to be expected with his general health, or it's not as severe yet but he's so afraid for his life he'll try anything to stay alive or a combination of both.

And while I don't wish death to people that are ideologically opposed to me, if that ideology is used by the individuals to cause harm and death to a lot of other people, either directly or indirectly, I don't really feel any sympathy to whatever happens to them and how much they suffer.

AxRookie likes this.
  3. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

I am wondering if he asked for it himself, and then as a doctor, do you say no to the US president, even if you know you should not do it? Then he would probably just get another doctor till he found one who is willing to give him 'some promising miracle cure', since it seems he believes in those kinds of things.

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

An "experimental treatment" doesn't necessarily mean some new, unapproved drug fresh from the lab. It very well may be an untested use of an existing medication, which is pretty much what he's supposedly already been doing with hydroxychloroquine.

USMarine75, StevenC and budda like this.
  5. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

They called it an "unapproved experimental treatment" and used under "compassionate use of experimental drugs" which is the only way to use unapproved experimental treatments...

The "compassionate use of experimental drugs" by its very definition is "not-yet-approved drugs"...

"In certain situations, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allows companies to provide their experimental drugs to people outside of clinical trials. This is referred to as compassionate use. But getting access to not-yet-approved drugs through a compassionate use request can be a long and challenging process"

I guess in the case of the President the request is greatly fast-tracked! within hours for him!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  6. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Eh, I don't know how much to take at face value an administration that doesn't know the difference between being a Rhodes Scholar and attending Rhodes University.

sleewell, USMarine75, StevenC and 2 others like this.
  7. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

It was reported at a few news outlets as "Regeneron" an antibody cocktail and is an unapproved experimental treatment...

I don't think the administration released that info, they just keep claiming "he's doing well"???

it was also reported at POLITICO: Trump Campaign Boss Bill Stepien Contracts Covid-19...

So that makes around 18 people close to trump testing pos, so far...

8. spudmunkey

spudmunkey SS.org Regular

More White House positive tests yesterday than the entire country of Australia.

Vyn, USMarine75, AxRookie and 2 others like this.
  9. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

The new superspreader ground zero!

Dineley likes this.
  10. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Ok, who are the people bound to make money from this ? It all could be an elaborate advertising campaign.

budda likes this.
  11. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

To clear things up, Trump was given an antibody treatment by Regeneron and then remdesivir, an antiviral which has been talked about for Covid for months.

USMarine75 likes this.
  12. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

Doctor John LaPook said 3:14 "a monoclonal antibody cocktail made by Regeneron was given to Trump" and it is "unapproved experimental treatment" "not proven to be safe or effective" and it is used under what is called the compassionate use of experimental drugs to be clear...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-antibody-cocktail-for-covid-19-idUSKBN26N3CL

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/health/trump-antibody-treatment.html

They are made in two-story-high stainless steel vats brewing in trillions of hamster ovary cells!

I'm not making this stuff up! I've just been watching and reading A LOT about this and have been making short posts about what has happened...

If I need to list all my sources the posts get longer so I keep them short and to the point...

13. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

You realise that basically every COVID treatment is an unproven experimental treatment at this point?

Antibody treatments have a sound medical basis. It's a treatment the CDC fast-track approved a few months ago to be seen to be doing something, and everyone guessed Trump would get this treatment basically as soon as the news broke.

You can report news without hyperbole.

14. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

There is no hyperbole, just fact as they are stated by medical professionals.

As Doctor John LaPook said this is not convalescent plasma which has been used before for other viruses that is a treatment the CDC fast-track approved for COVID-19 a few months ago which you are referring to, it is not considered to be an experimental treatment, what you are talking about is an antibody plasma taken from a donors blood that has had the virus and beaten it and now tests neg for the virus, what was given to trump was 8 grams of a monoclonal antibody cocktail (which is a large dose) made by Regeneron and is made in a lab that is an "unapproved experimental treatment" "not proven to be safe or effective" but is looking promising after being given to less than 300 people, and it is used under what is called the compassionate use of experimental drugs!

Just the facts as they are reported...

15. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

CHO (Chinese hamster ovary) is actually a very common drug reproduction methodology used for for the last few decades. I used to work as a contractor for a company that used it. They engineer a medicine, inject it into the ovaries, place the ovaries in a giant Petri dish (super clean vats three stories tall at the place I serviced) then the ovaries reproduce themselves with the drug in them.

USMarine75 and AxRookie like this.
  16. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

Exactly! and thank you...

17. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Ron Johnson and Chris Christie both tested positive this morning, couldn't happen to nicer guys. Except Mitch Mcconnell, who refuses to disclose his test results or participate in contact tracing. Republicans are fricking plague rats. You'd think they could put aside their anti-science posturing to avoid killing each other, but nope.

Not that any of them will die.

AxRookie likes this.
  18. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

19. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

Hero derp

Screenshot_20201003-091900~2.png

20. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

Qanon is saying the dems are weaponizing covid and are giving it to trump and the gop. Their logic is that no dems are getting it so of course it makes sense, something about pedophiles too for extra legitimacy.

How do you give someone a virus if it was a hoax a few days ago??

AxRookie likes this.