US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's see how well he does against our least viable candidate though.

Didn't say he couldn't win. There's just no more valid excuses to speak in favor of his abilities as a leader. You've got the cult and you've got arguing AGAINST the other guy, but arguing in Trump's favor is done.

Last edited:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
People vote in their best interest

No, they don't. They vote for what they believe their interest is, which is wildly different, and why right wing politicians have to lie to win an election.
If people voted for their interest, we wouldn't have a paradigm where majority votes endup having policies favoring the top 20% revenue people to the detriment of the 80% others.

Education and meaningful votes are an integral part of universal suffrage.
This is why parties whose policies only benefit a minority usually target the public education budget first: they need the voters to be idiots and to vote against their best interest to get elected.

To paraphrase a famous historical quote, 10 wolves and 1000 sheep voting on what to have for lunch isn't a democracy either when 500 sheep were taught at school they're wolves.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Welp, Dragon and Tinfoil can deflect it all they want but I think the last couple days is the absolute living embodiment and finale of a failed presidency.

Trump enjoyed 3 1/2 years of a semi-normal presidency in terms of national stability and general 'day to day', despite the over-the-top sociopathy, gaslighting all the worst elements of our society to feed his ego, and the overall corruption and sawing away of institutional table legs. It's been 3 years of careening down the hill knowing the brakes were cut and hoping for a miracle, and naively thinking that prayer was answered every second you hadn't yet reached the bottom.

This is what the bottom looks like.

100,000 people dead from a preventable virus that only was allowed to mature to that point by deliberate divestment in public safety apparatus, vanity and braggadocio encouraging people to flout even basic safety measures as a blood sacrifice for their tribe, and precipitously reopening to fake a return to normal for the sake of gamesmanship.

20% of people unemployed, the majority of are either too afraid to go back, don't want to go back or there's nowhere to go back to. Thousands of small businesses shuttered and not coming back, and several that are hanging on either until they reopen and the full strength of their customers never come back or they're finished off in the second virus peak. The strongest economy in the history of the world brought to it's knees in two months!

Now every major city in this country is on fire or fixing to be, because mob rule looks better than institutional lawlessness. The fish rots at the head. Each level of leadership inherits a shitty attitude and no respect for the people that put them there from the next office above them that gets away with it, until you have cops killing people in broad daylight because they know they'll get away with it. It's a double indictment, first that people were brought to this point and secondly, that leadership couldn't say nor do anything to quell the anger.

He's passing vanity laws against online criticism instead! You could call it 'moving deck chairs on the Titanic' but this example is even worse!

Trump's three years were like Chip Kelly being called a genius because he won games with Andy Reid's roster. Then it's been 3 months of what happens when Chip Kelly had to play with Chip Kelly's roster. A steady decline and then the drop right off the cliff when the last table leg comes out.

MAGA is dead. KAGA is dead. This is the dictionary definition of a failure of leadership. Donald Trump didn't inherit the country before it was consumed by a volcano or swallowed by the Earth, and given an impossible task. He was given infinite opportunities to do right things, and he always chose wrong things, and because lightning did not strike him dead then and there, his cheering section proclaimed he must be right.

He is not an even remotely viable candidate anymore. It would be 4 years just like this last 3 months.

You missed the part where the pandemic was first China's fault and now the WHO's fault. So our best chance at collaborating with other countries to find a treatment or preventative measure is now being blamed, and USA is withdrawing from WHO, just like it withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement because the president decided scientists are stupider than he is.

This isn't just an example of failed leadership of one country, this is the fall of USA as a leader in the world. China will emerge ahead of USA because they have spent decades positioning themselves for this moment. And Trump will say "I told you so" to prove he was right while not accepting his administration is to blame. This is sabotage by ignorance and arrogance.

Last edited:

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
No, they don't. They vote for what they believe their interest is, which is wildly different, and why right wing politicians have to lie to win an election.
If people voted for their interest, we wouldn't have a paradigm where majority votes endup having policies favoring the top 20% revenue people to the detriment of the 80% others.

Education and meaningful votes are an integral part of universal suffrage.
This is why parties whose policies only benefit a minority usually target the public education budget first: they need the voters to be idiots and to vote against their best interest to get elected.

To paraphrase a famous historical quote, 10 wolves and 1000 sheep voting on what to have for lunch isn't a democracy either when 500 sheep were taught at school they're wolves.

When you start voting based on the inherit belief that you are better than other people and therefore want to make sure other people get screwed over by your belief system, it is hard to realize that you are screwing yourself too.

As an example, the fact that poor white people were cheering to repeal the "death tax" was sad. None of those people would benefit from that law being out of play unless they somehow died a multimillionaire.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
And now Trump and Fox News are blaming nationwide protests over Floyd on Antifa? I am definitely not in support of Antifa, but talk about deflection and delusion. Might as well blame "Obama Bin Laden" while they are at it.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
I'm so sick of these dumb, heartless motherfuckers.

I'm very fortunate to live in a beautiful small town growing my own food and have employment lined up in these crazy times. But I have a strong desire to make a difference. Mankind is sick and really needs to heal. And I'm pissed off and want to help but I don't know where to begin right now.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's crazy just how much of that is everywhere you look these days! The news used to be fact-checked and now very little of it is... if any...

There is a difference between news, editorials, and just plain bullshit. This isn't anything new, the only thing that's changed is it's easier to make a website look more polished and legitimate.

Back in the 90's/early 00's, you could tell something was bullshit because the website looked like this:
5ACBA530-66A3-48DE-9075-85E42DA5214D.png

And the "crazy papers" were just bulk printed at Kinkos.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
There is a difference between news, editorials, and just plain bullshit. This isn't anything new, the only thing that's changed is it's easier to make a website look more polished and legitimate.

Back in the 90's/early 00's, you could tell something was bullshit because the website looked like this:
View attachment 81354

And the "crazy papers" were just bulk printed at Kinkos.

Hmm... Swamp Truth appears to be an anagram of "Trump's What?". This will require more digging...

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
I sent that to my dad along with some conspiracy theory stuff that the basic gist is trump knows he will never win another election and is looking at a lot of court cases once he leaves office so he is having his red hat army riot and destabilize the country so he can declare military law and make himself supreme dick tater of America.

It's funny because he's a trump lover and is constantly sending (mostly forwarding) me stupid right wing conspiracy crap and now he is just silent.

broj15

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So the big man in charge is trying to label Antifa as a terrorist "organization". Here's the problems with that:

1) Antifa isn't a unified group. It's an ideology that directly opposes fascism and oppression. If the government is anti - antifascism then does that not make the government a fascist entity?

2) Antifa never was or will be an "organized group". In fact the lack of organization is one of the defining characteristics of of the ideology as a whole.

3) this is straight up McCarthyism in the year 2020. Now idk about the rest of y'all, but even at my highschool in backwater hell hole, USA we were taught that the McCarthy trials were BAD and UNCONSTITUTIONAL and amounted to little more than a witch-hunt that targeted any political dissidents the state perceived as a threat, along with many members of the Jewish community and was a direct result of cold war era fear mongering and propaganda.