US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Let's see how well he does against our least viable candidate though.

possumkiller likes this.
  2. Randy

Randy Tony Lazuto?! Super Moderator

Didn't say he couldn't win. There's just no more valid excuses to speak in favor of his abilities as a leader. You've got the cult and you've got arguing AGAINST the other guy, but arguing in Trump's favor is done.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    AxRookie likes this.
  3. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

No, they don't. They vote for what they believe their interest is, which is wildly different, and why right wing politicians have to lie to win an election.
    If people voted for their interest, we wouldn't have a paradigm where majority votes endup having policies favoring the top 20% revenue people to the detriment of the 80% others.

Education and meaningful votes are an integral part of universal suffrage.
    This is why parties whose policies only benefit a minority usually target the public education budget first: they need the voters to be idiots and to vote against their best interest to get elected.

To paraphrase a famous historical quote, 10 wolves and 1000 sheep voting on what to have for lunch isn't a democracy either when 500 sheep were taught at school they're wolves.

Edika, Millul, Dineley and 4 others like this.
  4. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

You missed the part where the pandemic was first China's fault and now the WHO's fault. So our best chance at collaborating with other countries to find a treatment or preventative measure is now being blamed, and USA is withdrawing from WHO, just like it withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreement because the president decided scientists are stupider than he is.

This isn't just an example of failed leadership of one country, this is the fall of USA as a leader in the world. China will emerge ahead of USA because they have spent decades positioning themselves for this moment. And Trump will say "I told you so" to prove he was right while not accepting his administration is to blame. This is sabotage by ignorance and arrogance.

Millul, zappatton2 and AxRookie like this.
  5. fantom

When you start voting based on the inherit belief that you are better than other people and therefore want to make sure other people get screwed over by your belief system, it is hard to realize that you are screwing yourself too.

As an example, the fact that poor white people were cheering to repeal the "death tax" was sad. None of those people would benefit from that law being out of play unless they somehow died a multimillionaire.

Edika, AxRookie and Boofchuck like this.
  6. fantom

And now Trump and Fox News are blaming nationwide protests over Floyd on Antifa? I am definitely not in support of Antifa, but talk about deflection and delusion. Might as well blame "Obama Bin Laden" while they are at it.

AxRookie likes this.
  7. Boofchuck

Boofchuck SS.org Irregular

I'm so sick of these dumb, heartless motherfuckers.

I'm very fortunate to live in a beautiful small town growing my own food and have employment lined up in these crazy times. But I have a strong desire to make a difference. Mankind is sick and really needs to heal. And I'm pissed off and want to help but I don't know where to begin right now.

jaxadam and AxRookie like this.
  8. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

9. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

I love this country and I hope and pray this Is true, even as strong as this country is I don't think it can take 4 more years like the last 4...

SpaceDock likes this.
  10. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

WTF!?! If that has credibility it will certainly be mainstream news. Absolutely sickening.

AxRookie likes this.
  11. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

It wouldn't surprise me if the "grab em by the [email protected]##$" guy was in reality far worse...

12. fantom

Butt or shemales! I mean but her emails...

AxRookie and SpaceDock like this.
  13. narad

Just the way this is written strikes me as super fake. Where's it from?

spudmunkey likes this.
  14. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Head over to where this is sourced from, it's fucking crazy conspiracy central.

AxRookie likes this.
  15. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

It's crazy just how much of that is everywhere you look these days! The news used to be fact-checked and now very little of it is... if any...

16. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

There is a difference between news, editorials, and just plain bullshit. This isn't anything new, the only thing that's changed is it's easier to make a website look more polished and legitimate.

Back in the 90's/early 00's, you could tell something was bullshit because the website looked like this:
    5ACBA530-66A3-48DE-9075-85E42DA5214D.png

And the "crazy papers" were just bulk printed at Kinkos.

17. narad

Hmm... Swamp Truth appears to be an anagram of "Trump's What?". This will require more digging...

Edika and StevenC like this.
  18. possumkiller

Whoa whoa whoa...

I thought we aren't fact-checking anymore?

19. possumkiller

I sent that to my dad along with some conspiracy theory stuff that the basic gist is trump knows he will never win another election and is looking at a lot of court cases once he leaves office so he is having his red hat army riot and destabilize the country so he can declare military law and make himself supreme dick tater of America.

It's funny because he's a trump lover and is constantly sending (mostly forwarding) me stupid right wing conspiracy crap and now he is just silent.

20. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

So the big man in charge is trying to label Antifa as a terrorist "organization". Here's the problems with that:

1) Antifa isn't a unified group. It's an ideology that directly opposes fascism and oppression. If the government is anti - antifascism then does that not make the government a fascist entity?

2) Antifa never was or will be an "organized group". In fact the lack of organization is one of the defining characteristics of of the ideology as a whole.

3) this is straight up McCarthyism in the year 2020. Now idk about the rest of y'all, but even at my highschool in backwater hell hole, USA we were taught that the McCarthy trials were BAD and UNCONSTITUTIONAL and amounted to little more than a witch-hunt that targeted any political dissidents the state perceived as a threat, along with many members of the Jewish community and was a direct result of cold war era fear mongering and propaganda.