US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
In some fairness, I don't think you can no-true-scotsman him immediately after he's been called for doing the same. How did we get here again? Wasn't this about a pro-life/choice conversation?

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The smear campaign and all these phony investigations started in 2015 when he announced his candidacy. And they will not stop until he steps away from the political sphere. He will never be convicted of anything, but they’ll keep trying to get him.
That is what happens when a billionaire with FU money and BDE steps up against the swamp, corruption, the military complex and warmonger politicians and special interest that run DC. He immediately got a target put on his back the day he came down that escalator.
Wake up people. Do some critical thinking for yourselves once in a while. You have been deceived by the media and political demagoguery for years.

Goddamn that is some beautiful trolling. Just wow.

Hey, remember when Trump told people to inject themselves with bleach? Hey, remember when Trump said "we could use a little global warming" because it was too cold outside? Hey, remember when he convinced people he could get another country to pay for a wall to keep themselves out? Remember when he called a bunch of places "shithole countries"? Remember all the times he's been a womanizing creepy old man? Remember when he called 9/11 "7 Eleven"? Remember when he helped incite a mob to attack the capital? Remember when he hoarded a bunch of confidential information he shouldn't have had making a bunch of excuses about "declassifying" without having any idea how declassifying works? There are so many more things - there was no "smear campaign". He's done well enough smearing himself.

Yeah but “those were all clearly just jokes to troll the Libs”.

Well, there had to be some upside to global warming. What's needed to flood Florida again ?

Nothing can stop Florida. We are inevitable.

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Real talk

The past few years have no doubt inundated the South Park crew with material for life.
I agree, however, it's kinda fucked up how they make it difficult to see all their recent content in one place. You have a shortened 5-6 episode season on comedy central and then these post-covid and streaming wars specials on paramount plus. When I talked to a few of my coworkers about the latest south park, it's like we're talking about 2 different shows cause you either have access to one network or the other, but rarely both.

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I agree, however, it's kinda fucked up how they make it difficult to see all their recent content in one place. You have a shortened 5-6 episode season on comedy central and then these post-covid and streaming wars specials on paramount plus. When I talked to a few of my coworkers about the latest south park, it's like we're talking about 2 different shows cause you either have access to one network or the other, but rarely both.

I haven’t had cable in so long Cartman was still hanging out with saddam in hell. But how/why are they splitting seasons like that. Is that a new thing now?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven’t had cable in so long Cartman was still hanging out with saddam in hell. But how/why are they splitting seasons like that. Is that a new thing now?

Money. Because money.

Streaming rights keep getting sold and moved around amongst the various services and distributors and it gets even more stupid as some of these entities merge and change focus/format.

Matt and Tray cashed out of control long ago.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The smear campaign and all these phony investigations started in 2015 when he announced his candidacy. And they will not stop until he steps away from the political sphere. He will never be convicted of anything, but they’ll keep trying to get him.
That is what happens when a billionaire with FU money and BDE steps up against the swamp, corruption, the military complex and warmonger politicians and special interest that run DC. He immediately got a target put on his back the day he came down that escalator.
Wake up people. Do some critical thinking for yourselves once in a while. You have been deceived by the media and political demagoguery for years.
This is the dumbest shit I've read today. Easily. I just woke up, and you already took that cake. I bet I will go the rest of the day feeling better about all the dumb shit that gets said to me because at least it couldn't top this.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This is the dumbest shit I've read today. Easily. I just woke up, and you already took that cake. I bet I will go the rest of the day feeling better about all the dumb shit that gets said to me because at least it couldn't top this.

Can confirm, I'm about to go to bed and it's also the dumbest shit I've read today.

Shoeless_jose

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Money. Because money.

Streaming rights keep getting sold and moved around amongst the various services and distributors and it gets even more stupid as some of these entities merge and change focus/format.

Matt and Tray cashed out of control long ago.

Although likely no control over shit like the airings they made landmark deal for 50% split of all digital revenue starting in 2007 and are now rolling in it. They saw what was coming.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In their defense, would any of us turn down just shy of a billion dollars for their current deal?

Although likely no control over shit like the airings they made landmark deal for 50% split of all digital revenue starting in 2007 and are now rolling in it. They saw what was coming.

I didn't mean it negatively. They deserve every penny until the end of time.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Trump supporters and conservatives: "Stop believing the lies! You're being brainwashed and need to stop listening to the media!"

Trump supporters and conservatives: Immediately believes the lies and gets brainwashed and listens to the media.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Posts like that are why there's push back. Best case, it's not trolling and it's just a bad actor.

The context is that our good buddy from Florida has been going after absolutely anyone at the mere insistence that they might be a Trump supporter and then, like clockwork, they post something like this.

They're full of shit. That's why they're not making any friends.

It's the quality of discourse, or lack thereof, not necessarily the content.