US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So Weisselberg pled guilty to fifteen felonies. And they're saying that they expect him to get somewhere between 100 days and five months in prison. There are people who get years in prison for drug posession. Must be nice to be rich.
And, from what I understand, the conditions of the plea included no cooperation.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
So Weisselberg pled guilty to fifteen felonies. And they're saying that they expect him to get somewhere between 100 days and five months in prison. There are people who get years in prison for drug posession. Must be nice to be rich.

....and connected

But checks and balances amirite??

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And, from what I understand, the conditions of the plea included no cooperation.
He has to testify in any trial(s) against The Trump Organization. And while he doesn’t have to testify against Trump, the questioning can likely be worded such that an answer would implicate Trump and his children.

So it looks like this NY tax fraud case, or the Georgia election interference case, will be the first (of what may be many) to actually lead to trump facing charges.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
The smear campaign and all these phony investigations started in 2015 when he announced his candidacy. And they will not stop until he steps away from the political sphere. He will never be convicted of anything, but they’ll keep trying to get him.
That is what happens when a billionaire with FU money and BDE steps up against the swamp, corruption, the military complex and warmonger politicians and special interest that run DC. He immediately got a target put on his back the day he came down that escalator.
Wake up people. Do some critical thinking for yourselves once in a while. You have been deceived by the media and political demagoguery for years.

ArtDecade

Tartuffe
Reaction score
The smear campaign and all these phony investigations started in 2015 when he announced his candidacy. And they will not stop until he steps away from the political sphere. He will never be convicted of anything, but they’ll keep trying to get him.
That is what happens when a billionaire with FU money and BDE steps up against the swamp, corruption, the military complex and warmonger politicians and special interest that run DC. He immediately got a target put on his back the day he came down that escalator.
Wake up people. Do some critical thinking for yourselves once in a while. You have been deceived by the media and political demagoguery for years.
How does one get this drunk before 11am? The weekend comes early in Florida.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
For his ENTIRE LIFE Trump has been surrounded by the worst of the worst. The smartest and best in finance and tech and business and innovation do not associate with Trump. Never have. That distance from this loser started waaaaay before his political aspirations to get out of debt with Putin. I'm sorry but you need to wake up.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Hey, remember when Trump told people to inject themselves with bleach? Hey, remember when Trump said "we could use a little global warming" because it was too cold outside? Hey, remember when he convinced people he could get another country to pay for a wall to keep themselves out? Remember when he called a bunch of places "shithole countries"? Remember all the times he's been a womanizing creepy old man? Remember when he called 9/11 "7 Eleven"? Remember when he helped incite a mob to attack the capital? Remember when he hoarded a bunch of confidential information he shouldn't have had making a bunch of excuses about "declassifying" without having any idea how declassifying works? There are so many more things - there was no "smear campaign". He's done well enough smearing himself.

nightflameauto

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really don't know why everyone responds to that blatant copy-paste Trump screed. Shit like that is just full-fledged admission of guilt to me. "Yup. My entire purpose is to slurp Trump's cock."

Trump's been a crooked piece of garbage since long before he headed into politics. Ask anyone that's ever had a business dealing with him, or the many, MANY people he's ripped off (but I repeat myself). Nothing's stuck to him because, in the past, he was *just* smart, or lucky, enough to stay a little below the public spotlight level of "threat to our country." Once he crossed that line?

Yeah. I really don't get how, with all the actual evidence that's been publicly analyzed, poured over, analyzed again, and essentially rolled over a roasting fire a million times, someone can still believe he's the chosen one. ESPECIALLY a supposed Christian.

Granted, I suppose it does fit with the actual Christian agenda. They claim they love all, but tend to create suffering everywhere they touch. Much like Trump himself. Sigh.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Remember when Glades said he wasn't a Trump supporter? lol
The forgetful troll.....hmmm sounds like the title of a children's book

Hey Glades....IF Trump is so smart then how were the Kardashians able to parlay a sex tape into a multibillion dollar empire while Trump could only parlay his into an unending debt to a Russian thug getting schooled by Ukrainians led by a former comedic actor

Also...IF Trump knew that the 2020 election was rigged beforehand and as president was unable to stop it and after it was rigged and the outcome was known and as president he couldn't fix it then maybe....just maybe he's too stupid to be president

DrewH

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

That's hilarious. As others have said, Trump was a pretty lousy human before politics, as was the family going back decades. I suppose the recorded phone call to Raffensperger in GA asking him to find votes was just another phony made up thing, right? Pretty ironic the man who made accusations of a fraudulent election was trying to perpetrate fraud in the election.

I live in FL. I'm not from here. I'm pretty sure the average IQ of the citizenry here went up a couple of points just based on my arrival by itself. I love this state but most of the people here don't even have measurable intelligence levels.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Pretty ironic the man who made accusations of a fraudulent election was trying to perpetrate fraud in the election.

It's like how all the anti-gay rights republican representatives wind up getting caught sending dick pics to guys on Grindr. In analyzing a situation Trump's view of what his opponents did is the worst thing because that's his current thought about what he should be doing. Surprised he didn't accuse Hillary of wanting to sleep with her own daughters.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score

How come devout and Bible-learned Christians can't see through the endless lies, grifting, and massive con that is Donald Trump? How can you go from don't lie/steal to defending this conman? Trump lies too much and has done so many business fraud schemes throughout his career and it makes DeSantis look like a saint if you just compare their careers.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
The dude isn't really a christian. You don't just antagonize people for no reason. You don't go against the most basic principles of christianity... love your neighbor, love your enemies, avoid hypocrisy, forgive others, don't judge others... The dude just on this forum alone, goes against plenty of christian ideals and he's very much aware of this... he relishes it. He doesn't follow the teachings of god or the guidance of the bible in the least.. going off of his behavior on here anyway. I can only imagine how much less of a christian he is in real life but regardless, you don't simply troll others, speak as a hypocrite, and elevate yourself above others as some means of a "gotcha". A christian would pray for someone's soul whom they feel is lost ( as I stated before and he ignored). If you think for a second that someone like him would actually pray for any one on here, well... no. And if this dude does actually believe in god, then I would almost assure that it's only out of fear of eternal barbecue and/ or to keep up appearances to family, friends, and to other parishioners of whatever church that he likely only begrudgingly attends. Feed him if you want, but that's what gets him off and I'll gladly not seek to validate someone like that.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
He hasn't been convicted of much since 2015, true. But he also hasn't been tried for much. Off the top of my head, the only two criminal proceedings that went through while he was in office, which he tried and failed to block on the basis of being the President, were fraud suits brought against the now-defunct Trump University that resulted in a $25 million dollar settlement, and a fraud suit brought against the Trump Foundation for misuse of funds that resulted in $2 million in payments to defrauded nonprofits, and the Trump Foundation being forcefully wound down.

Everything else brought against him was either a political process - two impeachments, the latter of which he barely survived - or has not yet had time to make it to trial. When they do, Trump will have some pretty big problems on his hands, and all this "he's been investigated for so many things but they never managed to convict him for anything" will have aged REALLY poorly. :lol:

Last edited:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
He can still be subpoenaed in a federal investigation, even if there's no plea deal in place. And with a criminal conviction for tax fraud already on the books, I understand pleading the fifth around matters related to the conviction is complicated by double jeopardy. I.e - you can't self incrimidate by admitting to something you were already convicted of and cannot be tried for again.