- Sep 25, 2010
- Reaction score
- Sioux Falls, SD
Grandma? I thought you were dead?Please don't pretend to be a Christian when you clearly are not. The definition of a Christian is that who is saved. You cannot be saved and say these things.
#1 Christians are called to share the gospel with all nations (as you say proselitize). It is not the point to forcefully convert people, but to share the good news of the Gospel to those that are willing to hear it. The news that there is eternal salvation in Christ. We are commanded directly by Jesus to do so. Some examples:
- Mark 16:15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
- Matthew 28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
- Acts 13:47 "For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, “‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”
#2 You cannot buy your salvation through good deeds, according to the Bible. It is only attained by believing and loving Christ. Salvation is in faith alone, not good works. Good works are a result of salvation, not the causal reason for it. So the signing up people argument is not a Christian argument. Some examples:
- Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- Galatians 2:15 Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.
Ain't no gatekeepers like Christian gatekeepers. Grandma.