US Political Discussion: Biden/Harris Edition (Rules in OP)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Also, to those in congress and the president who continually claim that they talk to "lots of people" that "absolutely love their insurance." Try talking to actual people outside the political circle that get free healthcare for life paid for by us taxpayers. You know, that thing we'd like to see available to all of us. Talk to people in regular, everyday jobs about how they like their health insurance. I guarantee if they talked to the average joe they aren't going to hear much in the way of praise towards constantly rising premiums, constantly increasing deductibles, constantly denied coverage because reasons, constant "in network" lock-ins, and constant fuckery just because they can plans.

I realize my experience is just as anecdotal as theirs, but the only person I've ever spoken with that liked his insurance was an insurance salesman himself, deeply embedded into his own company's coverage that was paid for by the company outright (or so they said on the books) because he was such a big earner for them. Literally no one else.
Yeah, but insurance is kind of like Facebook. Everyone loves to hate it, but no one actually does away with it, you know?

ArtDecade

Western Swing
Reaction score
Also, to those in congress and the president who continually claim that they talk to "lots of people" that "absolutely love their insurance." Try talking to actual people outside the political circle that get free healthcare for life paid for by us taxpayers. You know, that thing we'd like to see available to all of us. Talk to people in regular, everyday jobs about how they like their health insurance. I guarantee if they talked to the average joe they aren't going to hear much in the way of praise towards constantly rising premiums, constantly increasing deductibles, constantly denied coverage because reasons, constant "in network" lock-ins, and constant fuckery just because they can plans.

I realize my experience is just as anecdotal as theirs, but the only person I've ever spoken with that liked his insurance was an insurance salesman himself, deeply embedded into his own company's coverage that was paid for by the company outright (or so they said on the books) because he was such a big earner for them. Literally no one else.
We have great insurance. Join a union, kids!

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
Soft hands? That is your litmus test?
No, I usually use a digital pH meter.

To be fair, when I mentioned Lugar often working with Biden, I should have mentioned that he did work with Obama when he first joined the US Senate as well. I suspect many career politicians have soft hands and grew up with money.

A guy I went to college with had put himself through school, finally earning a master's degree in literature, while working full-time nights at an IHOP as a line cook. I sat in classes with him and knew that he could actually sit in a room with someone of opposing views, debate, consider new facts, adjust his position, and end the debate in compromise. He ran for a local election, but was completely dominated by the incumbent. Unfortunately, the incumbent, who still has that political office, is a conspiracy theorist who happens to have the full catholic vote in the area behind him. Again, I miss when people voted for those who could think, discuss, and compromise. Voting today seems like a lame popularity contest where the vote is strongly swayed by social media popularity.

Trump spent 6 months diffusing the assertion that he had small hands. Don't underestimate the importance of hands in US politics
Tiny hands squeeze in pockets more easily...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Small hands? No small hands here!

unclejackkelly.png

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Someone has already told you in this threat that whataboutism is NOT a valid debate tactic, right? Like, we've already had someone in this thread saying Biden isn't ideal. As much as Biden isn't ideal, Trump is just a step further into the circles of hell. Why would anyone want that? Why would anyone want a President who has supporters who among those consist of KKK, Neo-Nazis, those who support forcing women AND pre-adolescent females to have children after they're sexually assaulted. Making a case for a Biden is bad enough, to excuse, attempt to redeem, or even give a sniff of a hint that you're trying to let Trump off the hook? No good, man, no good. The deal is, we're not arguing that we want someone like Biden in office. We want someone better, preferably without someone clinging to someone with truly despicable habits and views, which rules out quite a few Republicans, quite a few "so-called" leftists. You're hung up on the worst examples we had on both sides without trying to look forward. So far it's been shown that TRUE leftists here, the ones who think Biden is terrible and not doing a good enough job simply want someone WAY better. Why can't Republicans do the same?
This thread has Biden in the title, not Trump. And it's a thread, not a threat. I don't like Trump, haven't you been following?

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@ArtDecade is the Steven Seagal of keyboard commandos, and that's as far as his bravery will ever go.

AMOS

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So wait up... YOU WANT a man to do certain acts upon YOUR scrotum, but that makes the target of your fantasies gay?

Just curious how that works. Is it a conservative thing?
When someone compares me with a group like the one he did, I have a right to say whatever I like.

ArtDecade

Western Swing
Reaction score
When someone compares me with a group like the one he did, I have a right to say whatever I like.
You might want to go back and re-read the thread, because my GIF was a response to someone else. Also, you aren't making a great case for yourself when you are tossing off enough homophobic slurs to make a proud boy blush.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This thread has Biden in the title, not Trump. And it's a thread, not a threat. I don't like Trump, haven't you been following?
The original title, when the thread was started back in 2016, was ”Will Trump Get Elected?” and it’s had several variations between then and now. It’s all fair game.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's been established that the First Amendment does cover hate speech. And I can't think of anything worse than being in the same league of hatred as white supremacists, but that's the vibe you give off.

Latest posts