US Political Discussion: 2020 Presidential Race Edition (Rules in OP)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mongey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Yeah but nodding lady was a Republican candidate a few years ago, seems about the same to me if not worse since the nodding is what so many people focused on instead of his words.

USMarine75 likes this.
  2. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

Dunno about you guys but I'm starting to rethink voting for Hunter Biden.

Drew, Ralyks, narad and 4 others like this.
  3. Randy

Lol jk, put Hunters crack spoon on the ballot and I'll vote for that too. Fuck these clowns.

4. USMarine75

USMarine75 The man who is tired of the anus is tired of life Contributor

How did the blind tech read the emails? :lol:

Millul likes this.
  5. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

He felt the bumps on the outside of the hard drive...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Millul likes this.
  6. Randy

Republicans with the winning strategy. Sympathetic story about Joe Biden having to cope with a drug addict son after his other adult son died of cancer. No wonder Trump's campaign manager tried to kill himself.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    nightflameauto, USMarine75 and vilk like this.
  7. Randy

USMarine75 likes this.
  8. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

9. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

It seems like these guys were all about the shaggy-dog bullshitting "[random piece of news] means that it's all going according to plan- just wait". Predicting something that's going to be empirically falsifiable in short order is uncharacteristic.

10. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

I've been trying to get this joke out for days but couldn't nail how I wanted to phrase it. Perfect. Lol

11. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

I'm likely missing points and not adding to any conversation, and not speaking against you, but thinking about it if I was even looked at by Trump at any point in life, I'd probably want to kill myself too. That's to say he was in Home Alone 2, which means that if I was Macaulay Culkin, I'd have contemplated suicide...

I'm kinda really drunk right now so ignore me if you want, but I am frequently depressed that Trump is our president right now and realistically could be for 4 more years. I DO have clinical depression, and being trapped in this country with what we have now makes the choice to pull a gun on myself more clear. Never mind the amount of support he has... Trump is largely anti-me, and four more years might see lead in my brain. Even if it ultimately means nothing, it says a TON about our population that he even got hired once.

Sorry for the pity party, but I hate the prospect of this election. I hate that the best option basically feels like shooting one foot instead of both... Fuck the two party system, and fuck people for adhering to it.

Make America great again? When the fuck was it EVER great for anyone other than white males?

12. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

Well, it doesn't help that so many Americans are complete morons...

Randy likes this.
  13. Señor Voorhees

That's what's scary, right? You know with every fiber of your being that things are really fucked up and that NOBODY could support such a steaming pile of shit. But then you look into the wild, and you see people supporting this nonsense. Enough people where, even if it was because of a gamed system, he was able to get power in the first place. It's scary to see something so simple as "hiter bad, anti-hitler good" and have so many people lean towards the obvious bad.

I love the sentiment of your "trump gonna lose and go to jail," but I'm incredibly iffy about his loss, and I can promise he's not leaving the country or going to jail. I hope I'm wrong, but knowing the people I do in a HARDCORE blue state (RI is HARD blue) who support that trash even now, I'm not wishful thinking.

This isn't directed to you, or even anyone here in particular, but fucking people need to vote. I wish I could, but I'm registered to vote in a completely different state than I live... And the state I'm registered in is guaranteed to vote anti-trump anyway. So flying to where I'm registered to vote doesn't even matter, not that RI's fucking electoral vote matters anyway.

14. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

As a NYer, I haven't ever voted (maybe 4 opportunities) as my vote's similarly never going to make a difference in the outcome. However, I'm starting to change my attitude towards this in that I'm beginning to think everyone should vote purely as a sort of referendum on the electoral college (something that years ago, I didn't see any problem with).

In the current trend, where it's really close but opposite the popular vote, changing it will seem political (which, it is) but if the popular vote was vastly in favor of one candidate I think there'd be a much greater chance we could remove or alter the electoral system and finally tell Florida to fuck off forever.

StevenC likes this.
  15. Señor Voorhees

The worst part is that I'm in a swing state now. My vote does matter WAY more than it did before. I've lived in NC since I think almost exactly 2 years ago, but I never got a new ID or anything. (never worried about it until recently, but COVID is fucking with getting a new ID. Won't get one until Nov at the earliest.) I still *technically* (re:legally) live/am registered to vote in RI which 100% votes blue without fail. (last election Sanders won our vote, and then Hillary afterwards as an example.) RI wasn't worth shit for electoral votes, but NC is.

I feel useless because I can't even choose between shooting one foot or both. My own fault to be fair, but I don't hate it any less.

StevenC likes this.
  16. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

Don't shoot either foot, VOTE FOR A BETTER FUTURE, VOTE BIDEN!

mbardu likes this.
  17. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

You'd think "one man, one voice" would be a simple enough principle to put into application.
    About the "stupid americans", well, that's the downside of universal suffrage: idiots get the same voting weight as Einstein.

tedtan, broj15 and StevenC like this.
  18. Señor Voorhees

Biden is the (much) lesser of two evils, but he's hardly ideal. (if I could vote, he'd have my vote for sure.) My main point is that I just hate the two party system. It's always black/white when there SHOULD be tons of grey areas too. Even with Biden in power, the government is going to fuck us over. Less so than currently, but we'll still be fucked because politicians gonna politician.

broj15 and High Plains Drifter like this.
  19. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

This sort of thing, while probably just you being hyperbolic, is actually a good illustration of my fears for a potential Biden presidency. Everything about his record immediately whitewashed and explained away, anything he does as president being hailed as a return to sanity, any controversies shrugged off and countered with "would you rather have had Trump?"; everyone up in arms now about the rise of fascism in the US basically tuning out for 4 years and assuming a Biden win means the danger has ceased to exist. Liberals tried to appeal to "the left" early on by casting Biden as a preferable adversary who they could hold accountable more readily than Trump but I can easily imagine a future in which Biden faces about as much scrutiny from his base as Trump currently does from his.

LordIronSpatula likes this.
  20. AxRookie

AxRookie Aspiring Expert

There's a big difference between "explained away" and explaining to the people why Trump nonsense is complete BS... AND he's spewing a LOT of it... That's what he does...