US Based OEM Companies (Bridges Specifically)

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by NeverEnoughTone, Jun 12, 2017.

1. NeverEnoughTone

NeverEnoughTone SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

First off sorry if this is the wrong thread, but i figured this section of SSO would have some A's to my Q.

I'm looking for recommendations for an OEM manufacturer based in the United States, specifically one that has a good track record and makes bridges (hipshot style to be even more specific).

Any feedback/wisdom/sage advice is greatly appreciated!

2. FrznTek

FrznTek SS.org Regular

Hipshot......

AxeHappy, KR250 and MikeNeal like this.
  3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Yeah, why not go full Hipshot? They're more than happy to do custom runs for specific requirements.

Besides them, even though not based in the US, I'd recommend ABM. I've worked with them on some interesting projects and they were always super helpful and the quality is beyond reproach. Not cheap, but they'll do pretty much anything and do it very well.

AxeHappy and ThePhilosopher like this.
  4. MoonJelly

MoonJelly a subtle stinging sensation..

They (Hipshot) prob are the only USA native company that will work with you on that. Most US hardware invest mainly in tuners, i.e. Grover, Waverly, etc.
    Gotoh and Schaller have some pretty great stuff though, if you aren't stuck on the USA suppliers.

5. NeverEnoughTone

NeverEnoughTone SS.org Regular

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, the answer was staring me in the face but i wanted to get some other input to feel confident about it.