Unpopular opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The Spanish Inquisition, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

I'm sexy.

skeels likes this.
  2. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

i hate being mistaken for one

3. Experimorph

Experimorph SS.org Regular

I just remembered a couple more:

- Inner beauty isn't all that matters in a woman - no matter how nice she is, it's not going to make me any hornier if she looks like a dog.
    - I have nothing against fat people, but being fat is because of one's own choice/actions unless it's caused by an illness or medication. That's why I have no respect or pity for people who cry that they're fat against their own will - after enjoying half a cake instead of going to the gym and lifting heavy stuff and putting them back down. Which brings me to:
    - Fat chicks are disgusting.

In case you're wondering, no, I wouldn't say that to someone's face. I am socially aware and don't enjoy provoking people.

4. m3l-mrq3z

m3l-mrq3z Banned

-I think it's stupid when women (specially non-Caucasian ones) bleach or dye their hair just for the sake of being blonde. I don't find blonde women attractive.

-Christian metal sucks for many reasons, but specially because they abuse the fact that they are supported by local Christian organizations thus making it easier for them to get gear and gigs.

-Even though I am myself an immigrant, I strongly oppose mass-immigration and liberal approaches to it. I personally believe multiculturalism doesn't work.

-I will never understand why so many men are into Asian women. I guess I don't aprove of that kind of fetishism.

-Fair-trade products and "green" lifestyles are only there to provide liberal people with easy ways to feel better about themselves. It's not like buying fair-trade coffee will make things in X-Land better.

-It is ridiculous to buy your 12-year-old child a smartphone.

-Wearing t-shirts with jokes or "funny" sentences on them make you look silly.

-You can be nice to a girl and still not be a beta or a "white knight".

-Most of metal nowadays sounds the same. Same approach to production, songwriting, lyrics, image...

5. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

this one might get me flamed hard on.

I fucking hate ibanez! so many wanna be shredders. Fret board is to flat, neck to thin, and they feel like paper.

6. Yo_Wattup

Yo_Wattup Kick the Butterfly

This is an unpopular opinions thread. :rolleyes:

7. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

I think most of these would be largely popular opinions. Remember life lays outside of sso ;)

Also, Olives, for the love of god what is wrong with everyone? Olives Suuuuck!

8. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

i don't like this way of thinking. People that hide behind the socially aware clause are cowards IMO. I will never hold a believe, opinion, or thought that i would not verbally express to you. IMO you have the right to prove me wrong on my views at all time, and Im man enough to challenge them and change them if need be.

and fat people are the result of their own addiction to being lazy.

9. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

^ Goatse

Also, I go away for one night, and this thread grows out to be an abomination of mankind. I love the internet :wub:

10. Fiction

Fiction For Mod

:wavey: ;)

:evil:

11. yingmin

yingmin Parker über alles

Ugh, the Doors are so terrible. Three worthless assholes and Ray Manzarek. But you talking specifically about Jim Morrison reminded me of my general beef with poetry. Poetry has such an undeservedly elevated status in our society: people use it in a normative sense, as if something being "poetry" is an inherently positive trait. Yes, Jim Morrison was a poet, because ANYBODY WHO WRITES LYRICS IS BY DEFINITION A POET. That doesn't mean that his poetry isn't terrible. I find most poetry absolutely painful, if only for its innate self-importance, but also because most of it is really, really bad. Free verse and its ugly offspring slam poetry are the autotune of poetry: whatever their own questionable merits in theory, they have "democratized" poetry in the worst way possible and generating a ponderous amount of poetry that has no business existing.

12. Experimorph

By socially aware I mean situations where my statement can be seen offensive or it could hurt my own standing without reason. I wouldn't call someone fat in person just because they are; it's not something that bothers me or affects my life in any way. However, if someone comes up to me and says: "I'm not fat because I eat too much, it's because my genes are programmed that way/insert any other dadscience reason here," I will tell them what exactly causes obesity and it is in fact their own doing.

I'm always open to having my way of seeing things challenged as well, so we're basically agreeing there. I just prefer not to challenge other people if there's nothing on stake for me, as most people can't talk objectively about... anything.

makeitreign likes this.
  13. Brill

Brill sweet little lolita.

One piece is a good anime. I really enjoy it, and it has a great and on going story.. Unlike some other animes out there.

All music is art, not just the music you like. My terrible drawings are still concidered art after all.

People who buy tremed guitars, only to block them 5ever are idiots.

Windows 8 isnt that bad. I actually enjoy it over 7.

You dont need 7,8,9 srings to tune low. You just need a long scale/thick strings. Ffs ive got drop E on my 25.5" 6er.

You can have too many guitars.. But its a high number, like 20.

Capos are awesome when tuning down. You can just go "bam! Its in standard again".

Djent may not be progressive, but its still awesome as fuck. Music just based on rythm is cool, even if it is only sycopated,÷becausecthen you can really just write without notes in mind. Kinda like a drum kit.

Drugs are bad. Just yep, dont legalize them... Same foes for alcohol.

I never liked "heavy metal" bands from them below 2000s. Stuff like metallica,ACDC, iron madien ect.. Probably because of the people ariund me listen to the same song from onebof this bands for weeks on repeat.

Instrumental music is awesome as fuck. But in a lot of cases is less catchier than most vocal music.

Slow progressive music is awesome. Stuff like uneven structures. Its so awesome.

14. m3l-mrq3z

m3l-mrq3z Banned

Dude, some people are genetically predisposed to get fat. Ever heard of "Endomorphs"? Others have "good" genes and can eat lots of stuff without getting fat.

Just sayin'...

15. Prydogga

Prydogga Giddyup.

I have a feeling when you get older you'll change your mind on a lot of this. :D

16. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

agreed, i was aiming that shot more at people that go through their lives not offending people, because they are soft and have no guns to stick to. I hate that more than anything else . I can never be offended by an opinion due to the fact that they are just words. Therefor, don't cry when mine isn't yours.

17. Experimorph

That doesn't mean you're predestined to be fat. You simply have to know how much your calorie consumption per day is.

Calories in - calories out = mass gain/loss.

I fear we might be derailing the thread by now. Back on topic.

18. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

Im technically an endomorph, and even after spinal surgery rendering me pretty useless I still maintain my weight effectively.

Endomorph is the new glandular problem I guess

19. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

Why do people say "Big Boned", I have yet to see a fat skeleton?:scratch:

20. Estilo

Estilo SS.org Regular

So rare to find an Aussie hating on Aussieland :lol:. Australia is a terrible country with terrible systems. It has the means to upgrade, update itself and keep up with development with the rest of the globe but they're too lazy and negligent to do so. Hence why Australia is such a hole and largely devoid of modernisation.

Mine:
    - Physical violence from the minor kind to murder should not be taken at face value. If there's a compelling enough reason to do it some justification should be allowed.

- Somewhat related, revenge should be accepted as a defense should it be justifiable and the action carried out is not of a more grievous nature than the harm done.

- Guns don't kill. No shit. Question is whether you can trust the people you're allowing to own guns control and handle guns.

- A system which taxes the rich at sky high rates to contribute to the poor only encourages laziness. Rather inspire to create a true democracy where each individual has equal rights and opportunities to succeed. Gina Rinehart said this best in her complaint when she encourage Australians to work harder and that her family fortune wasn't built in a day.

- Bankers aren't stupid. Wall Street isn't stupid. Actually you know and deep inside you acknowledge that they're smart. They've just often times chosen to use their intellect in questionable ways. Holistically they're despicable, yes.

- Americans aren't stupid, they're just been over-generalised to be. I've seen and met lots of stupid non-Americans too.

- Jack Black is a million times lame than he is funny. Toilet humour is disgusting, not funny, once you're past adolescence.

I'm sure I've got more but that's all I can think of for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.