Underoath Disband - Farewell Tour 2013

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by nsimonsen, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jpri

jpri Member

no way... this is the first i've heard of this!! sad sad sad

2. poopyalligator

poopyalligator Dr.Poopyalligator

They're only chasing safety is one of those albums that was huge for me when I was younger. To be honest I think every release after those went down in quality considerably. They will still be missed.

3. Lives Once Abstract

Lives Once Abstract Avid Musician

Agreed. most meaningful song they ever had. Also IMO the best song they composed musically. define the great line was their best album.

this band has been my favorite band since 7th grade.

Their songs all actually meant something rather than just music with some lyrics that "sounded good" you could feel emotion in every second of every song these guys put out.

also yes, aaron (the drummer/clean vocalist in every album excluding disambiguation) was the last original member. But his stuff in The Almost is still really good.

i will definitely be going on this tour.

4. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

^ This was probably my favorite song on Lost in the Sound of Seperation, it's very emotional throughout. And it's beautifully written.

In Division was the song I played over and over again on the new album, I neglected the rest of the album for awhile just listening to this haha.

I'm still pretty upset about this, I hope they hit South Florida on their tour.

5. baptizedinblood

baptizedinblood Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢

This is depressing. This band got me through so much rough shit in my younger years. Can't believe they are finally calling it quits. Never a bad album from UnderOath.

RIP.

6. Alpenglow

Alpenglow music and shat

Underoath is pretty much all I've listened to the last 3 days. I probably echo many others who've already posted: they are the second metal band I ever listened to and really dug, and the first one with a substantial amount of unclean vocals. I loved them then and I still do and I am DEFINITELY going to try to make it to that farewell tour. They're still at the top of my list for emotion in every lyric - listen to Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape or To Whom it May Concern and you can just hear so much raw emotion. Such a shame to see them go. :(

7. Lives Once Abstract

Lives Once Abstract Avid Musician

thats almost every song man... i know what you mean.

I did a little searching for the tour dates and stops. couldnt find much of anything. ill post something up when i find them out.

8. hypotc

hypotc SS.org Regular

Underoath is unbelieveably great, and it's sad that they are calling it! Can't wait to hear the two new songs though!

By the way, Tim has the most awesome guitar spin ever!

01:10 in this video! :O