UK Promotor fail/rant

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Nick, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

Ok so a while ago we got confirmed as the local support for a show featuring

Black Dahlia Murder
    Cephalic Carnage
    Psychroptic
    Sylosis

Needless to say im confident this will be one of the best shows to be on this year even though its only in feb.

A while back our singer called the promoter at 11pm to get some info about this and the guy said 'cool ill message you on myspace'. We then recieved a message saying '

wtf did you phone me at that time for, the bdm slot is no longer available.....' (paraphrased)

so we were pretty gutted....

Its worth noting that the person in question owns a business and puts on gigs all the time that run up till about 12:30am. I would say its fair to assume his hours of business include 11pm being they is in the business of late night entertainment.

Anyway we got on a support slot for protest the hero with the same person and he messages us the other day saying '

you are playing a show a week or so before PTH, im not happy about that because you wont get the same number of people in the door for your show with me.

You have 3 options

cancell the other show
    cancell the PTH show
    Cancell PTH and open for black dahlia instead.....

funnily enough we chose option 3 saying something like 'oh sorry, never noticed they were that close together we'll just open for bdm instead i suppose.....'

you might call that turning a fail into a win for us.

i often wonder whether the people who put on gigs in my area ever went to school.

2. Stitch

Stitch Banned

I thought Bleed From Within were supporting BDM now?

3. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

so i heard but i called the guy up and confirmed it so i dunno if there are 2 supports

it wouldnt surprise me if we have like 15 mins when there are about 2 folk in the venue but fuck it it means i get to go for free!

the place in question is well known for having gigs run to after midnight because they put about 50 bands on....

If your going let me know and i'll hopefully be able to get you a discounted ticket as we will no doubt be getting some to sell.

4. Stitch

Stitch Banned

I'd love to, but it looks like I'm playing in Dunfermline. :(

Absolutely sucks as I've been looking forward to this gig since it was announced. :(

5. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

lol i couldnt go to see cryptopsy and beneatht he massacre last month becuase we had a gig the same night and it was litereally round the corner.

pain in the ass!

whats dunfermline like for gigs do you get a decent turnout etc?

we are playing aberdeen at the end of this month but looking to book gigs in edinburgh, dundee and anywhere else folk will come out to gigs at.

6. Stitch

Stitch Banned

Well we talked about Edinburgh, didn't we. :D

No idea about Dunfermline but it won't be a fair evaluation as its my metalcore band thats going, not TCPIG.

Aberdeen is epic, really good turnout and a bunch of good local bands, so you should do well there, especially if a local band of any repute supports/headlines.

We want to play glasgow. :( Edinburgh is utterly dead...

7. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

glasgows pretty poor as well depending on whos playing the gig, 2 many shit bands dilluting the local scene resulting in folk being asked to go to gigs every 2 seconds meaning the cant ever be arsed.

We'll deffinetly get you guys through here and on something but we have got about 6 gigs lined up at the moment so next one we do i'll be sure to get you on.
    we.

also literally just got a txt saying its both us and bleed from within on the gig.

Its going to be a pretty brutal night!

8. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn Play more music

Speaking of fails around BDM, last time they came to Newcastle their drummer was so ill they couldnt play, so that was pretty fail, but me and some of my mates took them clubbing and some of the footage from that night ended up in the "Horrible night for a curse" video, which was pretty win. They were supposed to come back a few months later with Job for a cowboy (the tour was even advertised on a sticker on the front of "Nocturnal"), but it never happened. Fail.

9. Shikaru

Shikaru Mechanical Thunder Contributor

Is this the gig at Ivory Blacks Nick? You're not dealing with Kelvin at twisted ape are you?

Regardless, I'll definitely be at that gig :metal:

10. Mattayus

Mattayus Sir Groove-A-Lot Contributor

Oh man :noplease: Promoters are a fucking joke sometimes. They tell you the biggest amount of bullshit ever, and it's just letdown after letdown. Hope all goes well though dude, if he fucks up set fire to his face.

11. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

That name rings a bell, he doesn't happen to have a girlfriend with a single row of dreads down the middle of her head does he?

12. Nick

Nick SS.org Regular

lol we arent dealing with kelvin

and yeah that name might well ring a bell....

also if anyone who lives near glasgow wants to go to this for £7 let me know and i will sort you out (think they are £10 if you buy them at the shop)

13. Lozek

Lozek Desk Magnetic Contributor

I'm pretty sure there was a promoter called Kelvin who tried to make us and the American guys we were touring with back in '99 get in a hot-tub with his scary-hefty-eat your balls for breakfast missus. We chose to drive back the entire length of the country instead :nuts: