U.S. Haunted Places

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Auyard, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Auyard

Auyard SS.org Regular

Shadowlands Haunted Places Index

Found this website that lists by state and then town/region/place paranormal/haunted events. Tells what to expect and stuff like that. I live in DE but really there is nothing exciting, Maryland is 5 minutes away though and I found some cool stuff there that If I had a few friends agree I'd like to visit.

Broomes Island- Church Rd. If you circle the cemetary three times fog will roll in and then you can hear little girls laughing.

Hagerstown- Miller's Church
    In the 1930’s, this church was believed to be used for Satanic rites. Years later, the church burnt down. One night a young couple went parking at the church. Not long afterwards, when they were ready to leave, the car would not start. The guy told his girlfriend to stay in the car and keep the doors locked while he went to get help. When he came back, she was gone and the doors were still locked. He looked up, only to find her hanging from the old oak tree in front of the church. Sometimes at night you can see a figure hanging from that same tree. Some witnesses even claim that they have been chased by a phantom hearse near the site of the old church.

Supposedly somewhere in Maryland there is a church that has a Bible sitting in the first pew. If you pick it up and try to leave with it, it will keep getting heavier until it is so heavy you can't make it out of the door. Can't remember where but it's in the South East portion of Maryland.

2. orb451

orb451 Banned

I'm originally from Boston and out in the burbs we had a place called Gravity Hill. I think it was in Stow or Clinton... can't remember. Anyway, the idea was you drive down this hill, or what looks like a hill, and once at the bottom, you put your car in neutral and the car rolls up hill (albeit slowly). "Supposedly" if you put powder on the back of your trunk you'll see hand prints on your car as the place is supposed to be an old graveyard and the spirits are pushing you off their resting place... something like that. And funny thing is, I remember doing it (not with the powder) and yeah the car rolled what looked to be up hill. Must be some kind of illusion but it was still neat.

Oh and over in W. Acton there's an old red house that was used in the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. I wish I knew the address exactly but that place is DEFINITELY haunted. Probably a lot of places like that back East with so much history there.

3. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

Damn, I had no idea Austin has so many of them. :lol:

4. Randy

Randy Tony Lazuto?! Super Moderator

Awesome site.

Coolest haunted place near me has to be:

[​IMG]

The Hauntings Of A Castle In New York

5. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

There's a place in PA with the exact same description, powder and everything, so that's questionable (or, should I say, more so questionable). However, the phenomena of rolling up hill is just an optical illusion - there's LOTS of places in PA like that - in reality, you're rolling down hill, but it REALLY looks like you're going uphill.

6. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

^There's one in San Antonio as well.

7. Adam Of Angels

So we can say that the powder/handprint bit is probably completely fabricated (although I suspected that anyway).

Pennsylvania is littered with haunted sites as there's a lot of history here. The settlers made a certain preference of this land, so there's a lot of old towns and what-not. There's also Fort Necessity and Valley Forge in PA, both of which are haunted as shit.

8. adamgiroux

adamgiroux Well-Known Member

according to this the restaurant i work at is haunted by some tall man... :ugh: i was not aware of this.

9. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

along with all this ghost bs :lol:

10. Auyard

Auyard SS.org Regular

I mentioned this website to my mom and she said Texas is supposed to be one of the most haunted places. Kinda cool she flippantly mentioned it.

11. Adam Of Angels

Hey now, I have a good many personal experiences that say otherwise. If you don't believe in ghosts, go walk around Gettsburg at night and you'll change your mind (oh yeah, that reminds me, Gettysburg is in PA too)

12. itsallinmyh3ad

itsallinmyh3ad ...Made me do it.

Over here there's a lot of weird shit. Ever heard of "La Llorona"? The crying lady. Yup, been there, done that.

13. Adam Of Angels

I have heard of that, dude. Is it legitimate?

(oh and as a side note, I honestly thought your avatar was a polar bear in the snow until right now... I didn't realize that it was the Pillsbury Doughboy :lol:)

14. itsallinmyh3ad

itsallinmyh3ad ...Made me do it.

There's a lot of places that tell the story of the crying lady. Over here, there's a place cave in which someone killed a woman a threw her corpse over there. They say that the spirit comes out at 11:00 pm in that cave.

I was once hanging out with some friends and my ex girlfriend, and we went past the cave at exactly 11:15 am. When we passed the cave, the car's radio went dead, my ex started crying telling us she felt someone sitting right next to her, and my entire arm was bent by something. Everything returned to normal when we left that old road. We also heard like if someone was punching the trunk of the car. Weird fucking shit. I've had lots of other things happened though.

15. MFB

MFB Banned

I'm a bit pissed they tore down the Danvers Mental Institution, but the Worcester State Hospital sounds weird as fuck. Blood splatters along the wall and shit.

16. poopyalligator

poopyalligator Dr.Poopyalligator

I used to not believe in ghosts. I have never personally seen one myself, but i have felt weird things in places that have been less traveled. Anyway here is the moment where i started to believe in ghosts. My friends mother is a substitute teacher and she has several students. I was at my friends house one day just hanging out, and my buddy comes out of the bathroom really freaked out. He said that he saw this girl named kaylas face in the mirror. I really didnt think anything of it, because it just could have been his mind playing tricks on him. So i was over the next day at his house and i walk in and everybody seems really disturbed. I asked them what was wrong and they said that the night before that she committed suicide. After that it is really hard for me to not believe in ghosts.

17. Adam Of Angels

^That sent some chills down me - usually a good indication of validity. Really, all it takes is one experience for most people.. but like I said earlier, if you were to walk around Gettysburg at night (or somewhere similar), you wouldn't have any doubts anymore.

18. Auyard

Auyard SS.org Regular

The sound of blood being splattered or the appearance/illusion/whatever of blood splattered on the wall?

19. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I used to work in a building adjacent to the old Worcester State Hospital... in fact I used to walk through the hospital campus every day at lunch (hilly area- great exercise). It's simultaneously peaceful and creepy, but the buildings are also very beautiful- from the outside. I saw some interior photos- none of the blood splatters, but the usual creepy stuff- peeling paint, old medical equipment, etc.

The new Worcester State Hospital is right next door to the abandoned buildings, and there's a few huge biotech buildings right nearby- it's just so out of place.

But here's a nice shot of the main building:
    [​IMG]

20. Auyard

Auyard SS.org Regular

It's stuff like this that makes me want to buy a boat when i'm like 60 or 70 and bored as fuck with life and just speed around the Bermuda Triangle until whatever happens, happens.