Two-Notes Torpedo Captor

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
interesting, you could easily use the two notes software, and this all of a sudden becomes a powerhouse

love it!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That has a lot of features for the price.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I am not the most techy guy out there but is there any option to have ohms selectable in one device rather than owning individual units for different ohm? Maybe this is a technical limitation.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I am not the most techy guy out there but is there any option to have ohms selectable in one device rather than owning individual units for different ohm? Maybe this is a technical limitation.

The Reload does just that, so it can be done.

decoy205

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I could definitely use something like this. Good price point.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Probably to keep the price down. Cheaper to have it fixed than to have it selectable.

The Mesa Cabclone is the same. Had to buy 4 separate units for different ohms.

sylcfh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Probably to keep the price down. Cheaper to have it fixed than to have it selectable.

The Mesa Cabclone is the same. Had to buy 4 separate units for different ohms.

How expensive could it possibly be? My Mini Mass wasn't even $150 and has a 3 way resistance switch.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The MiniMASS is recommended for 35w amplifiers, doesn't have a built-in cab sim, isn't reactive... It's a way more stripped down unit than the MiniMASS.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Opinion needed. I rarely if ever use my Torpedo Live aside from when it's hooked up to my computer for recording anyways, in which case I'm usually already running the Remote. Is there any reason I shouldn't just sell what I have, buy this (I'm more likely to use an attenuator on a day-to-day basis), and be able to use WOS for recording just the same?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Opinion needed. I rarely if ever use my Torpedo Live aside from when it's hooked up to my computer for recording anyways, in which case I'm usually already running the Remote. Is there any reason I shouldn't just sell what I have, buy this (I'm more likely to use an attenuator on a day-to-day basis), and be able to use WOS for recording just the same?

If I didn't already own the Reload, this would have been a better solution for me.

feraledge

Reaction score
If I didn't already own the Reload, this would have been a better solution for me.

Sold. So from what you're understanding, you can do what I would like to do and what you do in terms of recording through WOS?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Sold. So from what you're understanding, you can do what I would like to do and what you do in terms of recording through WOS?

Yup, you can still use the WOS plugin in your DAW with this.

feraledge

Reaction score
NM, got my answer. Awesome, time to sell my Live.
torpedo_Captor_schema-750x389.jpg

Edit: ninja'ed!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
NM, got my answer. Awesome, time to sell my Live.
torpedo_Captor_schema-750x389.jpg

Edit: ninja'ed!

If this was out last year, I would have just bought this instead. I could get an 8 ohm version and use it with everything I own. My Mesa's are all 8 ohm and my EVH/Orange can be lowered to 8 ohm. Would have saved me some money. :lol:

feraledge

Reaction score
If this was out last year, I would have just bought this instead. I could get an 8 ohm version and use it with everything I own. My Mesa's are all 8 ohm and my EVH/Orange can be lowered to 8 ohm. Would have saved me some money. :lol:

It's never to late. I'm literally listing my Live as we speak.