Truss Rod Cover

shzrin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello, anyone of you here have any experience recording guitar at the studio with the guitar’s TRUSS ROD cover open? Or closed?

I have experienced it myself that when i open the truss rod cover it sound more clear and when it closes it sounds damp.

Im going to order a custom guitar soon and it would be a a bit of disappointing if i have to remove it.

To add, anyone experience with headless guitar feel free to share it with me. As headless guitar doesn’t have a truss rod cover

Thanks!

Sylim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
what? i´ve never heard of that. the space it covers is not exactly a resonance chamber. it´s just a little hole. so i highly doubt that little piece of plastic has any impact on the sound. ngl, sounds like total nonsense to me.

shzrin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
what? i´ve never heard of that. the space it covers is not exactly a resonance chamber. it´s just a little hole. so i highly doubt that little piece of plastic has any impact on the sound. ngl, sounds like total nonsense to me.

Try for yourself you can really hear the difference. It less treble

shzrin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely nonsense. Little piece of plastic located on a place where the strings aren't even supposed to ring out does nothing for your sound.

Not nonsense to me

Skip to minute 5

j3ps3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not nonsense to me

Skip to minute 5

I'll trust my own experience and research from making guitars more than a badly made video from Youtube.

I can record you a clip with each of my guitars and then you can tell me which ones have trussrod cover and which don't.
If you're not able to do that, is it something that matters?

I hope you're just trolling. This is beyond dumb.

shzrin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'll trust my own experience from making guitars more than a badly made video from Youtube.

I can record you a clip with each of my guitars and then you can tell me which ones have trussrod cover and which don't.
If you're not able to do that, is it something that matters?

I hope you're just trolling. This is beyond dumb.

The video is just an example and i have experienced it myself.
I shall wait for others to share their opinions

Hopefully i can get a valueble one.

thanks though :)

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Please be a troll. This is probably the most insane tone myth I have ever heard. I should correct that, its not even a myth. Some kid on youtube made it up.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Although this thread may look silly to most, please don't be mean to original poster. Remember that information doesn't reach everyone in the same way and specially not at the same time...
While I'd agree with that, he seems like he's having a custom built, which to me (I know isn't the rule), implies this isn't his first time around a guitar. I just think we need to throw this corksniffing nonsense like tonewoods and insane factors to sound that are actively working against the idea of getting good tone with your fingers, making people obsess over minute things like truss rod covers and fretboard sonic spectrums and shit, thinking THAT must be how ____ got that tone...it was the guitar! It's almost never the guitar.

If he is so worried about it sounding damp with that truss rod cover, he's going to work on that and focus on that instead of just practicing and getting a brighter nicer tone from a solid fingering that comes from practice.

I agree not to be mean, but this kind of nonsense needs to be stamped out, in my opinion.

Last edited:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
if we're talking truss rods can we just take a moment to say F truss rods that are located at the base of the neck and have no wheel...therefore require taking the neck or taking off the pickguard off to make adjustments? *cough johnny marr jaguar.....worst design...ever

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
if we're talking truss rods can we just take a moment to say F truss rods that are located at the base of the neck and have no wheel...therefore require taking the neck or taking off the pickguard off to make adjustments? *cough johnny marr jaguar.....worst design...ever

Stewmac spoke wheel the lot of them*

*I have 3.