Trully, madly, daily from Turkey

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by bastardbullet, May 4, 2021.

1. bastardbullet

bastardbullet SS.org Regular

“If we were not citizens, it could get much funnier.”

I’d like to start with the current situation;
    • Back in December 2020, ministry of health assured that there would be enough number of vaccine for at least 50-55 million by May 2021, now they can’t even complete the second shots. While biontech strictly states that the second dose should be applied within 4 weeks to strengthen immunity, Turkey has already postponed all the appointmens indefinitely. On the other hand, Erdogan and his fellow flunkeys refuse to clarify how many vaccines were donated to the middle eastern & northern african countries.
    • It’s banned to take records of police actions during protests. On April 30 Turkish police issued a directive banning citizens from filming them during demonstrations. Many people pointed out that the move, circulated in a notice by Turkey's police headquarters, was unlawful and would make it more difficult to identify rights violations at demonstrations or other events where police were deployed. The notice said personnel should not allow voice or video recording without permission "while executing their duties," because it violated personal privacy and could involve unlawfully sharing personal data.
    • On April 26, after the recent cabinet meeting, Erdogan stood in front of cameras and announced new measures to curb the surge in the number of covid-19 cases. After his announcement, a decleration was published by the ministry of interior. One day later, another ban, that was neither announced by the president nor in the official announcement was tweeted out by a journalist. The reporter to the presidency tweeted that during the 17-day lockdown alcohol sales would be banned. It came as a semi-shock because the Turkish government had already been introducing an alcohol sale ban during weekend lockdowns. However, this time the ban was introduced during the holy month of ramadan and for 17 consecutive days. Tell them it’s all about covid, right?

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    vilk and Edika like this.
  2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I mean, it's almost like Erdogan is an undemocratic, authoritarian despot, no? Who could have ever seen this coming?!?

JSanta, groverj3 and vilk like this.
  3. bastardbullet

Oh,

Believe me most of the Turkish people knew it all and way more.

Even so, watching him and akp “unstoppably” capturing whole the country was almost surreal. These parasites manipulated every single system throughout the years over and over again, but if you think nobody has reacted, you are dead wrong.

Almost whom ever has seen & spoke out loud are now suspiciously dead or jailed. It’s been a long time now akp and Erdogan started to track and hunt down random folks just for criticising him. Count in the regular family guys, students etc.

Then Kemalist/secular commanders & officers are purged from military, teachers, doctors etc. suspended from public service. Opponent journalists, politicians & bussinessmen taken in custody. Some are senteced for years, others forced to flee.

Of course it didn’t happen overnight, this is what happened day by day in the past 20 years. Yet, it’s still not that simple to make fun of.

Thank you for your input.

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

It's more sad recognition of the state of affairs than making fun of it, to be honest. I mean, we didn't get rid of our own version of Erdogan here in America by much more than the proverbial skin of our teeth, and he was trying to do a lot of the same things that you saw in your country.

I'd like to think we all learned something from that experience... but I'm not holding my breath.

vilk likes this.
  5. bastardbullet

It’s just kind of, a bit different here my friend. I do get your point and respect it a lot. There is too much to take in at once. Sometimes i find myself at a point like, i have to pinch myself to recall my sense of reality.

Let me simplify it a little with Erdogan and his motivation;

Erdogan is just another face of an “evil” that this nation had to deal since the early 40’s. Also, there are many radical islamist cults burried so deep inside the roots of Turkish diplomatics & politics since the Ottoman erra, which means there is much more going on behind the curtains for hundreds of years.

They were once and almost completely flushed out by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk during the Turkish Independence War, but sadly they somehow found another vein to come back alive each time. Like a nightmare never letting you go away, right?

Erdogan, on the other hand; he became the most idiotic & dareful example besides the former politicians whom were also under control of this same system just like him. Now, this is the first time since the proclamation of Turkish republic that these formations are so close to achieve their intentions.

While Erdogan was being represented to the world as the only villain behind the wheel; hand in hand they almost spoiled the secular education system, ruined all the economic dynamics, corrupted the diplomatics, polarized the society, managed to create a war criminal in between by letting him supply heavy weaponary to isis militants in Syria, and the list goes on and on.

For us, the regular civilians; there aren’t really an option other than to hold our breaths a while more, currently. If things escalate in the way of violence again, this time it means the imminent doom of all the Turkish nation.

Sorry for the long post;

AD90F6C2-9002-496E-A8C8-EF20AC929CCA.gif

:) Stay safe man.

6. bastardbullet

7. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

I'm not very knowledgeable in the Turk state of affairs other than what the general public knows.
    I'd say, "take heart, you're not Lebanon... yet". Which might not work very well but that's the road the country seems to be taking.

8. soliloquy

soliloquy SS.org Regular

I'm vastly ignorant with most things happening in Turkey, and I do apologize for that.
    However, one thing that really agonized and hurt me was when they were converting the Hagia Sophia back into a mosque.
    I'm muslim, so another mosque built should, theoretically, please me. however, the significance of Hagia Sophia was that this location, as a UNESCO world heritage site, was a true representative of a secular nation. It, to me, symbolized that ALL religions are welcomed here. It allowed for the eastern Europeans to conduct their pilgrimage there. It was beautiful.

Moreover, Turkey already has TONS of mosques as is, and if they want, they could just as easily make more mosques anywhere else in the country. Nothing stopping them, and they should do that. But leave that poor building alone! its been through enough as is, and in my personal opinion, has no business becoming a mosque again.

It is saddening to see what is becoming of Turkey (from what little i have picked up over the years)

9. bastardbullet

Don’t get me wrong but, we definitely don’t need no more mosques. We need a stable & durable secular education system. We need a independent legislation & jurisdiction system. We need a self-sufficent society, and of course we need to see erdogan and all his applausers to be judged as international war criminals and traitors.

Hagia Sophia on the other hand, it’s much more to it.

This place was transformed into a museum in 1935 by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk and erdogan purposely reverted it as a mosque. Helplessly hoping that this would provide him more local support, and also to blur the current agenda which continuously focuses on his secretive financial movements, it simply didn’t work.

Even in akp, there is only conflict and divergence at the moment. His trusty henchmen are distancing away day by day, we now have mafia leaders as whistleblowers whom were more than once in contact with the Turkish deep state and all the reactionary formations nested inside including the infamous sect leader fethullah gulen; whom was mentoring erdogan back in the day. He is basically the same sh*t, different color and weirdly, it has been years since he’s settled in Pennsylvania.

All these rats should be hanged but why on earth would US keep this fethullah guy in such safe? What’s the catch really?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    StevenC likes this.