Triple NGD (kind of) (Kiesel, Schecter, NK)

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
The only new one is the NK but I never post NGDs anymore so I figured it might be nice to have one for all three.

First:
Black limba body
1 piece maple neck
richlite fb w/ dot inlays
Hipshot countour bridge
Beryllium bridge pickup
Empyrean neck (i couldnt resist lol)
1 - jlxjIb9.jpg

Schecter AR-07
Alder body
maple neck
Schecter Twin Blade pickups
1 - SxOv7GP.jpg
NK:
Ash body w/quilted veneer
neck is 5-piece maple/padouk(or bloodwood, I cannot tell..)/wenge
the pickups leave quite a lot to be desired but overall the fit and finish are very nice and it features those balled fret ends which is always nice.
8 - ihdGKOC.jpg

they're all a bit different and honestly I thought i'd stop wanting stuff after the kiesel but it just goes to show... :lol: the wanting never ends

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, these are all super cool!
I've never seen that Schecter before--super super neat! How is it?

I'm awaiting my NK Headless 7 in the mail as we speak, I can't wait! How is the overall feel of the NK in comparison to other production guitars from Ibanez, Schecter, Strandberg, LTD, PRS SE, etc.?

My NK should be coming with custom pickups designed by one of NK's EU distributors (Martin Wiechers). He designed his own pickups to put in NK's that he sells because he felt the pickups were the main thing lacking on the NK7's so I'm excited to check them out, from the sound demo comparison between Martin's Custom NK Pickups and the Stock NK Pickups that I've heard, Martin's pickups seem to be a drastic improvement over the Stock pups.

-How long did it take for your NK to arrive?
-Did you pay duty/customs/fees?

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Good lord you have nice taste in guitars. Those are all sexy af although have to agree with the post above mine.. that Kiesel is just smoking hot. Congrats on a sweet threesome.

Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
thank you guys for the kind words! You would never believe how many times I've specced out the Zeus before I finally settled on some must-have features.
Wow, these are all super cool!
I've never seen that Schecter before--super super neat! How is it?

I'm awaiting my NK Headless 7 in the mail as we speak, I can't wait! How is the overall feel of the NK in comparison to other production guitars from Ibanez, Schecter, Strandberg, LTD, PRS SE, etc.?

My NK should be coming with custom pickups designed by one of NK's EU distributors (Martin Wiechers). He designed his own pickups to put in NK's that he sells because he felt the pickups were the main thing lacking on the NK7's so I'm excited to check them out, from the sound demo comparison between Martin's Custom NK Pickups and the Stock NK Pickups that I've heard, Martin's pickups seem to be a drastic improvement over the Stock pups.

-How long did it take for your NK to arrive?
-Did you pay duty/customs/fees?
1) the schecter is pretty nice! It's a MIJ model so that might be why you don't see them often, the frets aren't quite as jumbo as I'm used to seeing from Ibanez or ESP but they're about on par with Kiesel's med-jumbo frets. the neck is like a much rounder ibanez profile, the center of the back gives the impression that it's thicker than it is. If there was anything about the guitar I might change it would be the pickups, they're a little bit hot for my tastes.

2)the NK is an interesting one. as far as comparisons I'd say strandberg comes the closest as they both have an asymmetric profile on the neck and ergo shape. I cannot directly compare since it's been so long since the last time I was able to play a strandberg but the NK does it quite nicely with it's rounded version of the endurneck profile. I find my hand very comfortably coming down to find the thick part of the neck as opposed to going thumb-over on the top like I'm used to doing(I'm working on it though!)
the body sits nicely up at an angle even though the lower leg-cutout isn't as big as you'd find on a strandy. Fit and finish is about a 8/10 I'd say, I'm not particularly picky about my guitars and this one had all the important parts set up perfectly but if I had to pick it apart there are some parts where the routing was a little rough like near the bridge that I could see bothering some people if theirs showed up that way. I reached out to NK and they offered to send me a new body or offer a partial refund, I'm decided on a body so I'm just waiting for that in the mail. Overall a good experience imo/.

im based in the west coast USA and it took about 20 days from tracking number confirmation to delivery at my house. No customs or fees required on my end.I was surprised it was packed so thinly but it survived alright and the gigbag is padded more than I was expecting so that's a huge plus. considering that yours is coming from a distributor I'm willing to bet they will repack the guitar a bit better than NK themselves did for mine. Hope you dig yours!

Pietjepieter

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Kiesel and the NK are cool....

But damn I love that schecter, first time I see one in the wild, to bad you can not buy it here in europe!

Happy trio!!

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thank you guys for the kind words! You would never believe how many times I've specced out the Zeus before I finally settled on some must-have features.

1) the schecter is pretty nice! It's a MIJ model so that might be why you don't see them often, the frets aren't quite as jumbo as I'm used to seeing from Ibanez or ESP but they're about on par with Kiesel's med-jumbo frets. the neck is like a much rounder ibanez profile, the center of the back gives the impression that it's thicker than it is. If there was anything about the guitar I might change it would be the pickups, they're a little bit hot for my tastes.

2)the NK is an interesting one. as far as comparisons I'd say strandberg comes the closest as they both have an asymmetric profile on the neck and ergo shape. I cannot directly compare since it's been so long since the last time I was able to play a strandberg but the NK does it quite nicely with it's rounded version of the endurneck profile. I find my hand very comfortably coming down to find the thick part of the neck as opposed to going thumb-over on the top like I'm used to doing(I'm working on it though!)
the body sits nicely up at an angle even though the lower leg-cutout isn't as big as you'd find on a strandy. Fit and finish is about a 8/10 I'd say, I'm not particularly picky about my guitars and this one had all the important parts set up perfectly but if I had to pick it apart there are some parts where the routing was a little rough like near the bridge that I could see bothering some people if theirs showed up that way. I reached out to NK and they offered to send me a new body or offer a partial refund, I'm decided on a body so I'm just waiting for that in the mail. Overall a good experience imo/.

im based in the west coast USA and it took about 20 days from tracking number confirmation to delivery at my house. No customs or fees required on my end.I was surprised it was packed so thinly but it survived alright and the gigbag is padded more than I was expecting so that's a huge plus. considering that yours is coming from a distributor I'm willing to bet they will repack the guitar a bit better than NK themselves did for mine. Hope you dig yours!
Cool thanks for the feedback!

Actually I didn't order from the distributor but when I was talking to him about his pickups he was offering a free set for people on the NK owners facebook group to do a review on so I am reviewing his pickups in exchange for the pickup set.

Bummer about the routing. Thats awesome that NK is sending you a whole new body for free though, that's awesome!

spudmunkey

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Shut your filthy mouth. Kiesel offers richlite boards now? SINCE WHEN? Oh lord of deepest black.

Ever since the McRocklin signature model (February):

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Love the NK - I am curious - I am have seen several I like - where exactly did you order that one from? Thanks and it looks great
I’m not sure where the OP got his but the usual place is AliExpress. I just got one myself. From my quick time with the guitar it seems to be very good for the money you pay. The small finishing details could be a little nicer but it feels and plays like a high end Korean ESP-LTD or Korean Schecter. I handed mine off to my tech for a setup with thicker strings etc. but I hope to have a better idea of the instrument when I get it back.