Tremolo Problems

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Dreadge, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Dreadge

Dreadge SS.org Regular

Hey good folks of the SS.org :)
    I've bought recently a K7 Ibanez all thanks to you guys here!
    My friend convinced me to get one asap and so far I love it! The guitar is killer! Awesome sound and playability!
    But there is a problem. When I got it it was in standard E tuning, making the 7th string being tuned to H. It buzzed a bit on the 3rd string.
    Now when I tuned it to standard D I've encountered the problem. On the 3rd, 6th and 7th string there is a strange buzz on the floyd saddle. I've taken it for some service but they all said it's the saddle that's giving me the problem. It's really loose, and it cannot be held in a spot. So every time i hit it hard, it buzzes! Now, I'm the blues player mainly and I have a Eric Clapton Strat with 0.11 in regular E tuning, and I like to pick it hard. Doing this makes it difficult for my kinda playing, because of all the hard strumming.
    I've contacted almost every dealer in Europe there is and no one helped me. The guitar was bought in the Netherlands, but they never sent me any message! Not even the guys from the shop where I've bought the guitar don't wanna help me. When I played it back then, they said it's a matter of an adjustment and it shouldn't be a problem. :noplease:
    And I'm really disappointed in the Ibanez Europe customers service,:mad: I mean really! They just don't wanna reply to me!
    My question for you guys is: where can I order a new floyd rose for the K7 model?
    Thanks in the advanced! :)

2. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Congrats on the K7! :) Tuned to H? ;)

Sorry the support over there is a bit thin. Sounds like you just need some saddle parts - not a whole new FR - check with Rich at Ibanez Rules - IBANEZ RULES!! - PARTS FOR SALE - having the parts you need shipped over will still be cheaper than a new LoPro Edge I bet. Good luck!!

3. Kozuki

Kozuki the newbie..?

H = B fyi :)

4. Dreadge

Dreadge SS.org Regular

Thanks man for the advice! I'm gonna go and order it and see the whole process of it! Love ya!