Tone pot (coil split) capacitor wiring: Are these electrically the same thing?

Byle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've tried wiring my tone knob with the capacitor leg going through the bottom two holes of the DPDT switch, like in the second pic. My tone knob seems to only kick when the knob is turned down halfway or more, and it is an audio taper pot. The cap is a fishman 224k/.022uf (it also says 250L on it) and I was wondering if that had anything to do with it, since my setup is with passive seymour duncans.

I've tried wiring it how it is now, in addition to wiring the cap to one of the holes or none, but it always sounds the same. Other guides I see online say to use a separate ground wire for the bottom two for coil splitting but I am not sure if that would make a difference on my tone knob issue? The coil splitting does work, so I feel like using a separate ground wire on the bottom (and that same wire grounded to the tone pot casing) would be the same electrically as what I have now. The pot works correctly too there is no crackling or anything, so maybe this is just what it's supposed to sound like?

Untitled 2.jpg Untitled 1.jpg