This band called GISM... (Extremely Violent)

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by PyramidSmasher, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyramidSmasher

PyramidSmasher Chess Dragon

this band GISM, a japanese hardcore punk band in the 80s, the singer would try and kill audience members. In this first video he goes after them with a chainsaw, in the second one he burns some people with a flamethrower. Wikipedia says this about him.

"GISM were widely known for violence present in their lyrics and live shows. Sakevi joined the singer of Jagatara on national television [8]. On stage, Sakevi would often be dressed on stage wearing a balaclava and bullet belt, waving lit flares in audience members' faces, using microphone stands as clubs, and attacking concert goers as Vietnam War footage was projected behind him. In the past he has attacked photographers for taking pictures of him and has chased audiences with a flamethrower."

TomParenteau, JamesM and beneharris like this.
  2. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

people die? its a real life dethklok :lol:

doesn't really seem like he's going for more than just a scare for the people though. also, im not to fond of the music that i could hear, but it seems like it would make for a good time

3. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Okay, I condone having violent shows. When I play live, I spit on people, kick people, yell in people's faces, throw things, and even condone fighting. But there's a point when it stops becoming a release of aggression and starts becoming a psychopath masking his desires by calling it "music" or "art". Do I want to go to a show and get chased around by a guy with a chainsaw? Fuck no. I'll go to a haunted house instead.

4. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

The first video might be footage from a GISM show but the audio isn't GISM.

5. Variant

Variant Banned

Really? I believe the term for this is "stupid asshole that needs life in prison". :rolleyes: Frankly, I don't see how this is the least bit cool. :noway:

6. poopyalligator

poopyalligator Dr.Poopyalligator

Dude that is lame. If i went to a show and somebody spit on me and kicked me I would literally go beat the shit out of them. Would you condone it if somebody did it to you?

+1

7. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

the spit thing used to be a kind gesture:hbang: the kicking is fun shit that happens at shows. this GISM is kinda old i think, i remember hearing about it in the 90s i think. they still fail in compairison to G.G. ALLIN!!!!:bowdown:

8. drmosh

drmosh Sir Paul of the Mosh Contributor

you spit on and kick people? how "cool"

poopyalligator likes this.
  9. jymellis

jymellis Talk To DeWalt

the spitting kinda got wide spread by the sex pistols, where were they from:scratch:

10. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negative™

I would fucking impale the guy if he kept spitting and kicking me in a show...

11. ittoa666

ittoa666 /)'3'(\

I would leave and never go to another show with the band that spit on and kicked me. I'm not gonna pay to get abused, and you don't deserve the money I earn if you choose to do that kind of thing.

12. Goatchrist

Goatchrist Jebus

I think that's overrated.
    He's chasing people in slowmotion and the flame thrower is more like a big lighter.

At my shows I shake the hands of my fans to thank them. :)

13. Evil7

Evil7 LowCrushingMetal

I expect people to respect me on the stage so im pretty respectfull of the people that are close to me when I play. period. I would go to a Gism show with my own chainsaw and flame thrower. :D

14. GeoMantic

GeoMantic SS.org Regular

"Hardcore Dancing" is honestly the worst thing to happen to live music. Nobody thinks that you're awesome for kicking people and starting fights. You look ridiculous, just stop.

15. habicore_5150

habicore_5150 El Psy Congroove

QFT

i can understand stage antics like Alice Cooper
    but this is just insane (in a bad way)

16. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

:agreed: And I always thought people in the audience who just randomly started kicking and beating people were bad... not caring if someone is getting hurt is one thing, not caring about seriously injuring is another, but that dude looks like not only he doesn't care but he is trying to. Have pictures taken and sue him for attempted bodily harm. However, if I know shit like this will happen on a concert and I sign that I don't care, well, my fault...

17. S-O

S-O t(-.-t)

Meh, most people take care of each other at shows. Pick up a guy that fell, try not step on people. Sometimes, things get a bit crazy, but also, you know what kind of shows will have what kind of pits. Just avoid the pits if you are not there for that, as I do.

18. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

Stupid band, stupid fans, stupid concept.

19. Cabinet

Cabinet :O

The whole theme of the first video was pretty cool though. But the part with the chainsaw was really dumb

20. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Uhh....yes.

Where do you think I picked up the idea? From just my own sense of humor? No. Go to any hardcore punk show. Bands like Converge, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Jawbreaker, Hoods, Earth Crisis, Blood For Blood, Tyrant, etc. are all known for doing such things. And I always get from people that "if you do it again, I'm gonna beat the shit out of you." The worst out of anything that ever happened from me "doing it again" was beer spilled on my foot. People who go to shows for the energy and intensity don't go to chill with their mates and knock back a couple cold ones while they sit at the bar and watch from a distance. If you don't want to get hit or spit on, don't stand close. There's no reason I should have to contain myself when I play live. It's a form of self-expression. Will I walk up to you in public and hock a big wad of spit on you? No. I'm not that disrespectful individually. But if I want to have fun and act a fool on stage, I will. And I do.

This is what Cincinnati is like. :yesway:

Very. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.