Thinking About cutting my hair.

MrNotFlyWhiteGuy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I have had long hair for two years, and its starting to be a little bit much. It's in the way a lot, its harder to take care of, its socially ostracizing, difficult to dress up for formal events, and more expensive.
anyway, looking for opinions should I cut it or not, I look kinda like corpsegrinder except skinnier and without the epic neck so I think I'm going to do something like Ihsahn from Emperor, what do you guys think?

UnattendedGolfcart

SSO's Fat Mac
Reaction score
Do it. A couple of years ago I had long hair and I cut it all off and loved it. I was growing it again this year but got it cut up a lot shorter and it just feels much better.

Again, I say do it. You'll like it.

d3monc

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I would do it. I grew my hair out pretty long at 3 different points in my life. Most recently I had dreads. It really does just get in the way. When I have short hair my head is much less heavier and I look tremendously more presentable socially. If your really debating it hard enough to make a thread I think you already made the decision so just go through with it! It will grow back too if you end up not liking it.. Well depending on your age and genetics lol.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Hair sure does get in the way. I've had mine short for a few years after having it be long. One less thing I needed to worry about in the morning. I've been growing it though because my boss doesn't care.

monkeybike

loves Dying Light
Reaction score
I find it difficult to grow back out after the big chop, it always gets to that goofy stage where I look like a freaking putzie. I feel like I need to wear a knit cap.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Just go ahead and do it. If you eventually regret it grow it long again. I had long hair two times in my younger days, very long Dave Mustaine looking red hair. Eventually, like you, I found it just wasn't worth the hassle. I was tying it in a pony tail 90% of the time (work and such) so I figured why bother? Been short hair since and am perfectly happy with it. :shrug:

Rev.

Dana

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
man ill never forget how good i felt when i cut mine off one night. never went back

7stg

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How long is it now? Maybe cutting to the point that it can still be put in a ponytail but not really long.

downburst82

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have done the long hair a couple of times, Once the flowing mane and once the nasty dredlocks (I actually kept them impeccably clean). Both times I had it for about 2 years and once I cut it off it was like a wonderful freedom!. You don't realize just how much of a pain in the ass long hair is till you don't have to deal with it all the time.

Definitely make your own decision and weigh why/how having long hair is important to you against the hassle of having it.

For me there was only 1 plus to having long hair.....EPIC HEADBANGING :hbang: (see wouldn't that smiley look significantly more awesome with about 2½ feet of hair?)

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I wish I could do longer hair. More than like two inches and I look like a total goofball.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
^ You really gotta wait for it to get about 6 inches man. Trust me and nearly every other person with long hair, transition phases are lame. But once you get past that point it's Samson city. :hbang: :minions:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I really don't think it would suit my face, either :lol:

I have a photo of me from one semester of college where I got really lazy and didn't get it cut for months. It's pretty bad.

MrNotFlyWhiteGuy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, any way to keep my hair still "metal" I really don't like the TesseracT look, just not really my thing, ya know?

Edit: Spelling

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Just do it.

In high-school I had my hair down to a little past my shoulders, so it was a solid foot or so and it was quality hair, the kind that makes ladies wish they had it; then the opening night of the Senior play where I was a stage hand, I went and got it cut between school's dismissal and the set-up. Came back with really short hair and freaked everyone the fvck out. I did the same thing on New Years eve of 2011, I had worked my last day at my previous job then we all partied and got drunk and took turns shaving my head before I left for California; been shaving it ever since.

Real men rock anything between a 0 and a 1.

Necris

Bonitis.
Reaction score
I looked up Tesseract to see what they looked like, thought I'd misspelled it and gotten pictures of a boyband by mistake. :lol:

I've never had long hair, since my hair seems to grow upward, get curly and generally just look terrible when it gets long.

I neglected to cut it for a while when I was 18 and it looked well... :rofl::spock::barf:Not one of my better ideas.

I keep my hair at about a 1. Really short, not quite bald. Does it look metal? No clue. My beard is pretty metal though.

Latest posts