Things Crowd does but it shouldn't

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by patata, May 29, 2014.

1. patata

patata 7 heaven

Just saw that:

''you're 'gay'. stop being a child''
    The irony.

2. asher

asher So Did We

While complaining about neg. Nice. Slur is a slur dude. (ed: to be clear, the wording of that rep sucks too).

OT: assholes who back hump you and claw their way up, finally plant a hand on the rail and throw themselves around from that pivot to displace everyone already there. You want a front line spot, fvcking get here early like the rest of us you dipshit.

ed: this is in DC. Every time I see a show at the Fillmore (well, technically on the Silver Springs side) it seems to bring out all the assholes because I haven't had this problem at Jaxx/Empire.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  3. fassaction

fassaction SS.org Regular

Im getting a little older (34) and I do not go to shows anymore. Its just too much of a hassle to have to deal with every Tommy Tough Nuts and Billy Bad Ass at shows. I want to come to a show to see a band that I enjoy play their set, not spend the entire evening on full guard trying to keep your sweaty ass from slamming into me or trying to start shit with every single person in the venue.

The last big show I went to was Machine Head and Darkest Hour waaaaaaaay back in the day. We got their early and got up at the front rail, which was a mistake in hindsight. I spent the entire show getting slammed up against the guard rail and trying to make sure I didnt get squashed by the countless people who were crowd surfing.

/Get off my lawn

4. Mklane

Mklane SS.org Regular

Fvcking bullshit karate moves...I hate that shit.

5. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

I'm 34 too. I hear you dude. Last show I went to was Meshuggah two years ago. I was in the pit at that one. But the crowd there was really well behaved.

Next guy I see doing that at a metal show, I'm kicking in the nuts. Go to a hardcore show with your spinning heal kick and your girl stretch jeans. ....ing disrespectful pricks...

6. MikeyLawless

MikeyLawless SS.org Regular

No karate in the pit pls.

7. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

I think there should be a solid two or three "rows" for people who want to be right up front and aren't going to mosh or anything, then have the pit start at "row" four or so.

I'm seriously so damn tired of elbows and fists in my back while I'm already being pressed against the stage trying to watch the band :wallbash:

Oh, and if you're going to crowd surf or stage dive, please please PLEASE for the love of all things Satan don't flail your arms and legs about and stay as level to the ground as you can. I'm seriously so damn tired of shoes and man ass in my face while I'm already being pressed against the stage trying to watch the band :wallbash:

8. ghost_of_karelia

ghost_of_karelia Utrydd dei Svake

Just people failing to use their common sense, really. Fans over six feet tall insisting on standing front and center, for example. Twats acting like Vikings on a raid around people with injuries trying to stand to the side. People with injuries standing in the middle of shitsgoingdownville and getting upset when they get hurt.

Just be nice to each other. Let shorter people through to the front. Moshing's all well and good and a hell of a lot of fun, but don't do it at the expense of others. Don't stand there and try and heckle the band that you've paid to see. Don't start mindless fights with other people. Do whatever you want to do, whether that be stand at the side/back and drink, mosh like an animal, scream and shout or get your ipad out of your bubble wrap insulated laptop case and film the entire set, but respect the rest of the crowd. And the act, needless to say.

9. HeavyD

HeavyD Hatechild

Sometimes the audience can be your greatest ally. Someone attempted to steal a guitar of mine from the gear room and we already had everybody in the venue on our side (sound guys and entire attendance included) so while the mic was still on I urged them not to let anyone through, weed out the guy and turn him into human pudding on sight. Within minutes the guitar had conveniently been dropped in the middle of the crowd, still in its case.

I've never had anything important go missing since.

10. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

I was discussing this at a festival this past week and on behalf of the girls that don't exist on the internet, I'll pass on what the girls complained the most about:

Random white knights who stand around girls to "protect" them at the front of the stage :lol: If someone stands in the front of the stage having a blast, don't go creepy bodyguard on them. It's really just very patronizing and lame. They're girls, not fine china. Let them have fun without you "saving the day" :)

11. twizza

twizza Social Assassin

I love watching people hold up their stupid fracking phones. Nothing like watching a bunch of lemmings holding screens in the air. And why? So they can use the absolute shite footage to remind themselves and others that they had an experience which they weren't really present for, since they were mediating it with their dumb devices the whole time.

TL/DR. keep your smart pacifier in your pocket.

12. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Yikes, some of that footage!:scratch:

13. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Return of the Dread-I

The only thing that annoys me is there's always that one dude I see in the mosh pits that seems to take pride in his ability to trample everything in his general vecinity... I was under the impression that it's not that serious, but I could be wrong. I tend to stay out of th pits, but I always see that guy.

14. fwd0120

fwd0120 Bipedal Hominid

Clapping on 1 and 3......

In the middle of Dream Theater's "Erotomania".... :smh:

15. Le Jeff

Le Jeff SS.org Regular

Drink. Seriously, every annoying audience member at any show I've ever played or gone to was obviously drunk. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why alcohol is even legal.

16. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

Because it makes money and keeps people passive. It also tastes good. Well, the good stuff does anyway. I'm trying to figure out why stupid is still legal...

17. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

Defending the legality of alcohol, then asking why one of its main side effects is legal...

Should read "keeps some people passive, while turning others into aggressive dickheads"

I don't drink, I used to, got too good at it and had to quit so I didn't make everyone else doing it feel bad about themselves.

18. no_dice

no_dice a very bad old bear

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye out for the fairer sex. One time at a show, a large dude grabbed a girl by the neck for bumping into him, then proceeded to get the shit kicked out of him by 4 or 5 people before being thrown out.

A friend of mine posted a video from a show the other day, and there were at least 25 cell phones in the air. I think I let out an audible groan of disgust when I saw the video. :lol:

19. Nykur_Myrkvi

Nykur_Myrkvi SS.org Regular

All of this is so true!

Ah, a fellow Battlestar Galactica aficionado.

20. zombieritual

zombieritual SS.org Regular

yeah mosh pits are a tricky thing. if i'm on stage playing, then .... yeah i want to see that shit. but if i'm there to watch the band then no cuz there's always those drunk assholes that you just want to punch in the throat that ruin it