Things Crowd does but it shouldn't

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by patata, May 29, 2014.

1. patata

patata 7 heaven

I am really frustrated from people(especially some thrashers) that find it gay to not mosh or participate on a wall of death.

I also find stupid to(I don't know if it's done in other places) swear and tell the band to .... off.I don't know why it's happening.

What annoys you the most?

MJS likes this.
  2. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

People who use 'gay' as a derogatory qualifier.

3. stevexc

stevexc SS.org Regular

FREEEEE BIIIIIIIRD

4. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

If they are telling your band to f*ck off maybe y'all ain't that good? Haha but in all seriousness I have seen people yell and insult bands it's pretty lame

5. eyeswide

eyeswide SS.org Regular

It's never happened to me personally, but if a crowd member were to jump on stage and shoot me in the head as well as shooting a bunch of other people, I'd be pretty choked.

6. patata

patata 7 heaven

It was Decapitated playing,as well as Kreator and Sepultura.

7. Neilzord

Neilzord .Metal.

When its a part of the song where the crowd clap, Like a build-up section etc..

AND THE CROWD CLAP OUT OF TIME..

It Makes me sad that what must be the majority (due to its overwhelming volume it has to be most people) at the gig can't stay in time.

Plus If I were a drummer I'd feel rude when I came back in and made everyone awkwardly stop clapping as I Correct them with my proper timing.

I may have put too much though into this.

downburst82 likes this.
  8. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

As a member of the crowd, depending on the show, I find moshing, crowd surfing and wall of death annoying. I'm all for crowd participation and stuff. But I also want to be able to watch the band. I mean that's what I bought a ticket for right? To SEE them live. Not slam into a bunch of rowdy kids, and bros who want to release their pent up testosterone. I'm a music lover first. Moshing, crowd surfing, etc. are results of an environment, and not part of the music. Must of the time overly rowdy crowds just piss me off. And I've been known to take my wife to shows and soon enough my daughter. A couple people have already left a show with a black eye for being to rowdy around my wife. I think learning your crowd and learning to have respect for the individuals around you and respecting how they want to enjoy the show withing reason is key. I shouldn't have to punch a guy to get my point across. I'm not saying stop having fun or even moshing, but when my wife gets an elbow in her back or kicked in the head, I draw a line in the sand.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  9. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

I don't get people going drunk to a gig and annoying the people who wants to enjoy the show.

10. JohnIce

JohnIce Singlecoil Enthusiast

Try going to a Toto show :) metronome-tight crowd clapping, it's quite impressive really. :lol:

Frankly though, I usually only really notice this at arena gigs where the audio is actually delayed because of the venue size. Even if you have the rhythm in yo' soul you still can't beat the laws of physics :lol:

11. asher

asher So Did We

That's when I mostly notice it, really.

Then there's being the dick clapping in triplets, so you're in time but .... with everyone else :lol:

12. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

I agree with this, but I also see dudes at shows who insist on standing right at the front of the pit and then swinging at anyone who bumps into them. If you want to watch the band, step off the side of the stage slightly, or get a chair and stand on it, or move up to the balcony. Don't go to a metal show and stand in the middle of the floor and then get pissed because 60% of the crowd wants to move around. Not saying this is you at all, because I've definitely been to a few shows where the moshers are the ones going out of their to run into people who are nowhere near the moshpit, and I've put more than a few disrespectful punks on their backs because of it.....

Also, don't get fifteen of your buddies to all wear the same workout outfit and backwards cap and then act like your at ....ing gymnastics practice in the middle of the pit...nobody wants to see your triple leapfrog, swing each other by the hands, flying windmill BS, and nobody wants to be underneath it when you try and launch you buddy onto the stage from 20 feet back. If you're that guy, you and you're friends can GO .... YOURSELVES. Same to guys with arm casts in the mosh pit.....put six inches of foam around it, then maybe, but if I get wacked in the back of the dome with it one more time, I'm rebreaking it.

13. patata

patata 7 heaven

I actually enjoy crowdsurfing because it is the less violent ''act''.
    But yeah moshing with the intention to kill someone or kick his head off doesn't appeal to me.

14. Neilzord

Neilzord .Metal.

Yeah some shows are a different story!, I went to see Jaga Jazzists and the crowd were clapping polyrhythmically haha

15. welsh_7stinger

welsh_7stinger 7=best number

people at metal shows that do the whole hardcore dancing/kung fu BS in the pit. I understand thats the norm at HARDCORE shows but metal shows its just ....ing annoying. I've rammed my fair share of people doing it at metal show still they stopped.

16. ZXIIIT

ZXIIIT XIII

I find it awesome, makes for some funny times (jump to 3:50)

17. 4Eyes

4Eyes SS.org Regular

I think I would draw a line with the guy who hit my GF or any of my friends who I'm on the show with or me. :lol: it really piss me off when I have to act like body guard instead of enjoying the show.

totally agree with you, have fun, mosh, whatever, but be careful and tolerate some lines that shouldn't be crossed.

18. fenderbender4

fenderbender4 SS.org Regular

I don't get the people who insult the band. The reality is, it just makes them look like a complete idiot. Why are you there if you hate the band?

19. patata

patata 7 heaven

If memory serves right,the drummer of Sepultura(20 y/o when I saw them)played a drum solo which actually was more like a speed test but w/e and as soon as he finished every started bashing him.

20. rectifryer

rectifryer Banned

I definitely don't understand people who pay money to insult bands. Hecklers definitely need to get brought out back and slapped around.