steelyad

Hop Pole Studios
Reaction score
Where did you try any of those plugins when they haven't been released yet? I pre-ordered the overdrive legends pack and the site still has yet to post them. There's no free/beta versions available either.

They're most definitely out.

If you want to download the complete collection, it's up on Kazrog's website.

I emailed Shane from Kazrog asking when they would be out, so he let me know the minute they were released - it may look like I had the jump on everyone, but not the case!

heathenhotel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Weird, I have been going to the site and checking my available downloads. I just assumed they were delayed like the release of the newest recabinet. I'll email Shane. Thanks

IdentityDevice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Am I correct that I think I saw that when you buy the amps the CPU load goes down? I remember liking them but the demo's were super heavy on my CPU.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Am I correct that I think I saw that when you buy the amps the CPU load goes down? I remember liking them but the demo's were super heavy on my CPU.

:eek: WOAHHH, now way. Is this for real?
I was having issues and I came to the conclusion that maybe it was specifically the Thermionik amps. If this is true then I may have actually found the issue after all this time. I liked them but haven't really gotten to test them fully but for about an hour. No way am I going to keep and purchase these if they are constantly breaking up like they currently do. :noway:

Here's my issue thread
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=319924

niffnoff

Just another SunBro
Reaction score
:eek: WOAHHH, now way. Is this for real?
I was having issues and I came to the conclusion that maybe it was specifically the Thermionik amps. If this is true then I may have actually found the issue after all this time. I liked them but haven't really gotten to test them fully but for about an hour. No way am I going to keep and purchase these if they are constantly breaking up like they currently do. :noway:

Here's my issue thread
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=319924

Eh? I find them super low in CPU usage...

I got like 8 instances on one project and the only "Hog" is the impulses and post processing I have on my bass.

IdentityDevice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I could of swore I remember reading that on either their site or a site that was talking about them or something. Like it was a common issue for a lot of people or something.

steelyad

Hop Pole Studios
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a conspiracy theory going there, i'll get the tinfoil to make the hats.

Maybe you had a slightly older version for the demo, and when you bought it you downloaded a more refined one? Just an idea. It sounds like something pointless for a developer, why would they make a demo that's a CPU hog? Surely that would convince you NOT to buy it.

IdentityDevice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a conspiracy theory going there, i'll get the tinfoil to make the hats.

Maybe you had a slightly older version for the demo, and when you bought it you downloaded a more refined one? Just an idea. It sounds like something pointless for a developer, why would they make a demo that's a CPU hog? Surely that would convince you NOT to buy it.

No I read it on like the official site I think. And quite the opposite. If you love the tone, buying it would make it not hot the CPU so you'd want to buy it. That would be the crutch of it. Like how some have the hiss or the audio drop outs. I know I read it somewhere but it was a while ago. Maybe the creator can chime in and confirm or deny?

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
All I know is that the demo I downloaded in the past month is unusable for me in a 2-track situation despite other VSTs working just fine in the same situation. :shrug:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
There was an update that caused huge spikes in CPU when you used the depth switch which has since been addressed so maybe the demo still uses that version.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
What is the current version of the paid sims?
This demo version is 5.0.3.

It seems like disabling the Depth switch has helped but it still breaks up here and there at random

heathenhotel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I sat reading this thread and decided to give it another shot. I reinstalled all of the amp sims again and got to work. I recorded 6 tracks of guitar with different guitars and different pickups then I sat working with sim after sim and cab after cab. While I love the no graphics no nonsense approach Shane took when building all the sims and he did work hard on a lot of aspects but after playing with the amps, saving chains and so on, the main thing that comes out at me is that a lot of the sims sound the same and few of them really have much in common with the amps they are modeled after.

That said, I think he has a fantastic start to things and a lot of talent. His stuff is only going to get better and better but right now, there's nothing useful for me personally when put up against even 5+ year old freeware like the Poulin sims. Thermionik is still about 100 worlds better than all the dog.... BIAS is putting out.

Kazrog

Kazrog LLC
Reaction score

Absolutely NOT. I would NEVER do something like that. Thanks for spreading untrue rumors, it really helps developers when you do that.

Kazrog

Kazrog LLC
Reaction score
There was an update that caused huge spikes in CPU when you used the depth switch which has since been addressed so maybe the demo still uses that version.

No. The demo is the full version, with a 14 day trial. You authorize the plugin after buying it by logging into via the About tab in any Kazrog plugin window.

Obviously, if someone has an older version they downloaded a while back, that would be the explanation for an older version on their system.

Elric

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Kazrog: I have been getting into Thermionik again, using the latest complete pack. It is great for metal but one thing I find odd about it is Thermionik does not seem to model amp Volume controls at all... (if I am understanding the UI correctly).

The output control is documented and appears to function as a plugin level control whereas amp volume controls have a ginormous effect on tone (As I'm sure you understand ;) ) and interact with the power amp. Models of NVM amps like the JTM 45 et al suffer greatly for this and even some higher gainers that have do have master volumes can be tweaked for response (tightness/looseness) by adjusting the Master Volume but again without it being modeled this can't be done.

Base tones are great but just strikes me as a surprising limitation given the completeness of the control set, etc.

steelyad

Hop Pole Studios
Reaction score
Elric - that's "saturation" at the bottom right. I think the naming could be a little clearer but that controls power amp saturation (same as "volume" on a master volume amp) to make the power tubes saturate more. The "output" is more literal, so you can dime the power section and take the level hitting the cab emulation down to match. I do this all the time with the Plexi model etc, have that on 10 and all the EQ pretty high to simulate that "dimed" effect.