The Wind in the Trees - new grind from Baltimore

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by xwmucradiox, Feb 20, 2019.

1. xwmucradiox

xwmucradiox sweep.tap.sweep

[​IMG]

My new band released an LP today. Ex members of The Heads Are Zeros and Leveless. Tons of feedback and glitchy riffs and blasts. FFO: Cult Leader, early Daughters

http://twittbaltimore.bandcamp.com/

2. Mwoit

Mwoit SS.org Regular

Was meant to check this out earlier, need to book mark this.

xwmucradiox likes this.
  3. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

This is awesome! Reminds me of all the best things about the 90s (in a positive way). As a huge fan of Discordance Axis and with a fondness for the early Converge stuff, this checks a ton of boxes.
    Favorite track: Sleepwalking into a Burning House

I'll get this off Bandcamp soon. Keep it up!

4. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

fuck yeah, this is my shit. i love THAZ as well, saw the homies in Mathcore Index gave you a shout out.

5. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

Woah definitely gonna check this out. Also the heads are zeroes and leveless were both fucking amazing. Baltimore consistently has some of the best heavy bands.

6. xwmucradiox

On yeah Christian is a rad dude! Finally met him at the last Dillinger shows after going back and forth on social media for so many years.

Thanks! I feel a little out of touch now since the vocalist and I are in our 30s but I'm pretty stoked on what a lot of the early 20s folks are getting into nowadays. Baltimore needs more small venues though. Almost all the good ones have shut down in the last 2-3 years.

7. Mwoit

Mwoit SS.org Regular

Pretty cool. Sounds like what you described it as. It kind of reminds me a bit of 00's era MySpace mathcore, but in a good way. Did you just play the guitars or did you do the bass as well?

8. xwmucradiox

I tracked guitars and real bass on this record but my live setup uses a string of bass pedals and an octave pedal into a bass head and pair of cabs to hold down the low end. So its just me playing guitar, drums, and a vocalist when we tour.

Mwoit and feraledge like this.
  9. Mwoit

Mwoit SS.org Regular

Man, that sounds like a nightmare to lug around but must sound amazing when put together. I've started to assemble a second guitar signal path set up for my band so it's:

EVH 5150 III 50W -> 2x12

S&K VHD -> Quilter Microblock 45 -> Whatever cab that is available at the venue (soon to be a 1x12 of my own)

And even then, I hate myself for putting together a mini second signal path.

10. xwmucradiox

Its definitely a lot but all the bits and pieces are manageable. Its 4 cabs but the bass head weighs 5 pounds and the guitar head is a relatively compact Mesa TC100. Then I have a gig bag with 2 guitars, pedalboard, and a cable box. I can load into any venue in about 5 minutes and setup only takes about 5 minutes as well. I can put my giant rig together faster than 90% of the bands I play with that have a half stack and 4 pedals on the floor. But I've also been doing this type of rig for over 5 years now so its a well-oiled machine.