The Tesseract Megathread: Sonder Released

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by sakeido, Mar 17, 2008.

You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

1. Hell yes!

52 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

32 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Veldar

Veldar Is Post-Thrash?

Since it's been bumped, anyone know/remember what drum samples were used on altered state? I'm 99% sure that Acle said it on this forum but I can't remember...

2. Dante94

Dante94 SS.org Regular

Hello! How are you all doing? I hope y'all are doing amazingly great, especially in these troublesome times we're living in.

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Dante, I'm 26 years old and I am from Chile (South America). You might recognize me as ''A Buddhist Melomaniac'' on YouTube (the one guy who uploaded this gem a few years ago: youtube watch?v=vOdz_W6YQdU).
    I've been a huge, huuuge fan of TesseracT since 2009, and Concealing Fate, which was TesseracT's very first release ever, is going to turn 10 in just a few weeks. So, in order to celebrate its long awaited anniversary, me and many other fellas from all around the world have started a hunting quest for TesseracT demos, old and new. The idea is to make most ambitious TesseracT collection ever. TesseracT's long, long history, its humble beginnings, its music, its evolution as a band, and, of course, Acle's composition skills, are things not many people are acquainted with, and we want as many people as possible to be involved. So far, we've got 140 demos, which make for almost 6 hrs of music (that's a mind blowing number), and I'd like to know if there's anybody here interested in this project. If there's anybody who's been following TesseracT between the years 2003 and 2009, and used to follow Acle and his posts on websites such as the (very old) Mesh Forum, Harmony Central, Ultimate Metal, MySpace, among others, please let me know. While this compilation of demos might seem huge, it is by no means complete, the Mesh Forum, along with other sites Acle used to post his stuff on, have been dead for years, so I was never available to save much from them, except for a few tracks' names.

Is it possible for you to share what you may have with us? Your participation in this ambitious project would greatly influence its completion ^^

CLCTN.png

slan, wannabguitarist and Masoo2 like this.
  3. chipchappy

chipchappy thudmaster

thats weird, someone also just made a thread asking for the same exact thing. What're the odds? :scratch:

4. Dante94

Dante94 SS.org Regular

That's because I'm the same person? :lol:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  5. SlipknotKoRnfan

SlipknotKoRnfan Airline Pilot. Ibanez Afficionado.

Anyone watch the Portals Live Show? I bought a ticket for it and I must say, was worth every penny. It's probably the best live performance I think I've ever seen, the production was incredible. Going to watch it again tonight. And it was 2 hours! 18 tracks on the setlist

sakeido and aesthyrian like this.
  6. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I'm just checking it out now. Pretty awesome! Hope it was a big success for em. I'd like to see bands doing more stuff like this... of course not all of em can afford Tesseract production quality but still

7. soul_lip_mike

soul_lip_mike Contributor

Got a link?

8. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

Please, I need more details. What would you say is different to other amazing live performances?

9. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

The trailers looked incredible. I just wasn't sold on paying 17 euros for a glorified visualiser set. A 10er would have been the sweet spot for me but I understand it would be hard to make it profitable at that price point judging by the high production quality.

10. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

11. Taylord

Taylord SS.org Regular

Probably already answered, but what guitar did Acle use on One and the Perspective EP?

12. Quiet Coil

Quiet Coil Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

Prestige RGD?

13. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

I believe "One" was recorded mainly with an RG1527 (can't remember the pickups) and the RGD's came in a bit later (so, probably used on perspective) gonna try yo look around a bit

Masoo2, Quiet Coil and Taylord like this.
  14. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Don't quote me on this, but if it wasn't BKP Aftermaths it was likely a ceramic Nailbomb bridge and Cold Sweat neck.

That's what John Browne (both in Fellsilent) has used forever and I'm like 99% sure I remember Acle stating once that he used them for a while.

Everything post-RG1527 including Ibanez RGDs, S7G prototype, and Mayones customs/sig have been Aftermaths and Blackhawks.

James has Aftermaths in most of his guitars, exceptions being his first LACS which features a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the neck (Aftermath bridge) and his green LACS featuring Blackhawks. Well, and he received some of the white + maple RGD Prestiges with Fusion Edges that he's used a bit as well.

edit: dang Taylord was the one who asked, I remember watching your RG1077XL playthrough all the time.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Taylord likes this.
  15. Taylord

Taylord SS.org Regular

My friend was thinking it was a 7620. I think they had lundgrens back in those days too in some guitars? Always been nostalgic about the "formative years" of the bands from this scene and couldn't really find much on what he had in those days. Probably just buried in this thread. I wonder how much tracking and writing James does. His LACS collection has all looked pretty cool.

And thanks man! Still have it thankfully!

16. Masoo2

Masoo2 SS.org Regular

Actually you're right about the Lundgren, http://www.aclekahney.com/music mentions a Lundgren M7 in the 1527 so I guess I was wrong about that. Kinda interesting to see that some of the cleans on Altered State were tracked with an LTD Viper 7 with EMGs.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2013/06/12/rigged-tesseract-guitarist-acle-kahney/ This says that one of his RGDs had an M7 as well, guess I was really wrong haha.

John Browne's stuff has been all over the place, although the bulk have had Nailbomb/Cold Sweats some others are seen with one M7, some with stock Ibanez pickups, and his RGA that had some odd EMG setup (707TW-X + 707X iirc).

17. Taylord

Taylord SS.org Regular

I didn't realize he had the gear list on his site. That's cool! Thanks.

For Browne, I'm pretty sure the first 2 records were all tracked on the 2077 W/ the Nailbomb and the 2228/2228a.

18. kamello

kamello DESU METARU!

man, now Im nostalgic about the scene during 2008-14.
    Still remember the first time I heard Tempting Time by Animals as Leaders and my mind couldn't understand how someone was able to play more insane shit than Petrucci. Few months later a friend sent me Concealing Fate, began playing guitar and discovered this place and I felt I learnt something new every day just by reading the recording subforum

Taylord likes this.