You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
Well I had a listen through today. Got to say, fairly underwhelmed. I found it pretty boring for the most part, and I don't like Dan's vocals anywhere near as much as I liked Ashe's. The whole run time seemed to pass with fairly run of the mill tesseractisms without any bits that really stood out. I've seen it mentioned before, and I have to say I kind of agree when people say Dan doesn't really write particularly good vocal lines. Thinking back to altered state, there were lots of really great vocal moments like resist or retrospect. Not so much on this one. That said, it's not like I hated it, it had some decent moments and Tourniquet was definately a nice change of pace.

I felt this way at first, but 5 listens in I find myself wanting to listen to it more and more.

Take that for what it's worth.

piggins411

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Listened to it up through Utopia. I think I've just grown out of this band. Every time I listen to something that isn't One I just get bored

gorthul

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've seen it mentioned before, and I have to say I kind of agree when people say Dan doesn't really write particularly good vocal lines.

No way. Listen to Skyharbor's Blinding White Noise or Piano's Salvage Architecture and say that once again.

The man may write some cringeworthy lyrics, but his vocal lines are the best I've ever heard. ( I'm a Dan fanboy btw :lol:)

Matyrker

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
No way. Listen to Skyharbor's Blinding White Noise or Piano's Salvage Architecture and say that once again.

The man may write some cringeworthy lyrics, but his vocal lines are the best I've ever heard. ( I'm a Dan fanboy btw :lol:)

I second this. Some of his lines have given me chills.

prh

Plini
Reaction score
i guess this is relevant here - i was listening to this track on the bus the other night and this spot screamed "guitar solo" to me... apologies to the band :lol:

DarkNe0

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems like TesseracT used so many different tunings on one single album. So annoying when you're trying to pull some of the songs off on guitar!

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
i guess this is relevant here - i was listening to this track on the bus the other night and this spot screamed "guitar solo" to me... apologies to the band :lol:

Your phrasing at around 0:33 always gives me chills. Always. <3

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ive been listening to the album on spotify for a few days now on repeat lol. Yesterday I finally went to the shop and bought it for myself

LOVE the album, same way I love the others, each one as its own merits. Awesome album

Taylord

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not at all. They have an awesome drummer, why would they program them?

http://ask.fm/jaypostones/answer/110917636624
Jay admitted it a while back due to time restraints. In the gear gods interview Acle just did, he said Polaris and Altered State were just done at his home studio. We all know he's an awesome drummer, just thought that was interesting. The programming and the drum mix is pretty convincing to me at least.

lewstherin006

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
are the drums programmed on altered state? | ask.fm/jaypostones
Jay admitted it a while back due to time restraints. In the gear gods interview Acle just did, he said Polaris and Altered State were just done at his home studio. We all know he's an awesome drummer, just thought that was interesting. The programming and the drum mix is pretty convincing to me at least.

wow, they fooled the crap out of me! It is kinda sad that they had so little time with this album. I think the album could have been so much better.

A-Branger

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
just hope they do a full on playtrough performance on the studio like they did with the previous albums

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Wait this album is out?! I can't help but feel that it has gone completely under the radar like that newer vildhjarta album, where was all the hubbub about it, where was the pre-album forum chatter. I even have them on facebook and I never so much as saw a release date.

Guess ill go and check it out.

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait this album is out?! I can't help but feel that it has gone completely under the radar like that newer vildhjarta album, where was all the hubbub about it, where was the pre-album forum chatter. I even have them on facebook and I never so much as saw a release date.

Guess ill go and check it out.

there was a fair bit of talk :) but not as much as previous albums. But all of them posted it plenty, and amos did a bass playthrough too. But I know whatcha mean - a little less hyped. But the album speaks for itself! :agreed:

ShadowsfeaR

aka VigilSerus
Reaction score
Seems like TesseracT used so many different tunings on one single album. So annoying when you're trying to pull some of the songs off on guitar!

I actually noticed they're using a bit of a new one, or at least the way I have it figured. A lot of Polaris uses a Bb standard tuning, with the G string at an F (so Bb Eb Ab Db F Bb Eb ). Survival drops the Bb to an Ab. Tourniquet and Utopia use Altered State tuning.

Again, at least how I've been trying to learn it. They may very well use drop Ab on the ones I listed as Bb, but I find it easier to play on Bb.