The story of my little misunderstanding with engage757...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MailMan, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engage757

engage757 Banned

And I would say you don't know shit about anything. You have no idea anything about the situation, the constant bitching, the emails calling me a liar about where I live even. I went out of my way, broke the law, took time out of my EXTREMELY hectic schedule to disassemble a guitar, have to go buy packing material, not use my typical packing store, be dishonest on customs forms, to lose money on a brand new guitar with a pickup upgrade. To help this guy out.

Someone with ZERO REPUTATION on this site or the Internet, and this happened MONTHS ago.

You know nothing of the situation, except someone's biased thoughts on how I didn't do enough.

For the record, I am done here, bitch all you want. I'm not even viewing this thread again. Not once. This person is absurd and I refuse further communication to all 300 emails of his absurdities.

This is someone that can lay into me about my credibility, where I live, where I currently am, what I do for a living with no repercussion.

I tell you the truth, I am done with this situation. Tell you what, how about I try to dig months back for all the costs of my time, shipping costs, packing and material costs etc? No, sorry, I don't have shit from months ago.

Say what you want, but as far as I am concerned, as well as the members I am currently doing deals with both foreign and domestic, I tell you the truth, your little crusade is doing you no help at all. Our deal was over months ago. You have been reported to the mods and administration staff, and I am done.

Our deal is over, I am not going to itemize a list of shipping costs for you, you were aware of the costs, I told you, as well as the other guy at the same time in your country I sent a guitar to on the SAME DAY. He isn't bitching, and neither should you.

Again, never viewing this thread again. If you want to question my credibility with literally hundreds of feedback and people from all over forum sites vouching for me against this person that none of us know anything about, then take it up with them. Hundreds of people with plenty of credibility will vouch for me.

Enjoy your crusade and your thread(your first one), heck, by the end of it I am sure you will even have a few more people with no actual knowledge of the situation making you feel justified, but you arent. And for the love of god stop stalking me across the Internet. I even had to report you to yahoo.

But consider this me learning my lesson, so thanks. I will never again bend over backwards, lose money on a deal and waste tons of my time to ship to a random Internet troll. Only established forum members from now on, no more bullshit. So thanks for that.

Goodbye.

P.s. I am not and have not ever been perma banned. By the way. :)

Fat-Elf, ArtDecade and mcd like this.
  2. MailMan

MailMan Well-Known Member

I realized some time ago that I might have been a bit agressive, but I apologized to him quite sincerely, and tried to be polite and patient ever since. I was grateful (still am) for what he done with the packaging and gifting. I also knew that engage has a life, too, that he must attend to, and I must have been quite low among his priorities - but after a while I kind of felt I was deliberately ignored.

I don't think you're taking sides - I actually really appreciate what you're saying, because I'm not really well-versed in international trade. This was the first customs-bound thing ever that I ordered from the US (only CDs and shirts before this). When - or if - I do it again, I'll try to take into account what you just worte.

3. flexkill

flexkill Vodka & PentaTonic

:lol: Welcome back....more lives than a cat I tell ya....:lol:

4. ihunda

ihunda SS.org Regular

Man, with engage and AdamofAngels perma-banned, who am I going to get my guitar fix from????

5. flexkill

I know right :lol: I literally recieved a package from Adam today and was getting on SSO to confirm all was well when I clicked on his name and BAM.....Perma Banned ...I was like WTF??? :lol:

6. MailMan

Seeing engage's attitude, I'm asking you guys, is there still someting to gain in proving my point? I'm not that sure. He certainly doesn't look like someone who's open for dialogue...

7. Yo_Wattup

Yo_Wattup Kick the Butterfly

Stealthdjentstic or whatever his name was got P-B& aswell

8. flexkill

Man people don't really know you around here yet, and I have heard mostly good things about Engages transactions....there have been these dust ups between him and some members in the past.....so basically....who fucking knows...$65 is not much cash for all he did...but if he gave his word than he should have honored it.

9. MFB

MFB Banned

For now, but if I know him he'll weasel himself back in in no time

10. splinter8451

splinter8451 SS.org Regular

I really don't see any reason for this thread to remain open anymore.

The important thing has already been said: Engage went above and beyond to get you (a completely new member of the forum) a guitar that you ended up loving, and you're starting a shit slinging thread over 65 bucks that you overpaid in shipping?

Half of that 65 probably went to purchasing the box to ship in... then 8 dollars in packing materials ... then you have what 10 dollars left? :lol:

These threads are only justified if you never received the guitar or it arrived damaged and the seller isn't owning up to it.

That is just how I see it.

11. mcd

mcd stuff and thangs

^second

ArtDecade likes this.
  12. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

To the guy going around neg repping everyone in this thread, I've already notified the mods. Stop being a tool.

13. MFB

MFB Banned

If you're paying ~$30 for A BOX then you're a fool. Half the time you can take a trip to any big store and find a box with similar dimensions or even take a look at a nearby music store and find one that they're just going to throw out. Hell, I've started keeping the boxes my guitars come in just in case I end up not liking them down the road. They don't take up that much space in the basement/attic.

And a roll of bubble wrap is like five bucks so packing materials dont cost anywher around $40 unless you're skimping it last minute and buy from the UPS store

14. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

:rofl: $30 for a guitar box? Really? How about just pop into the local Gc/Music shop and get one for free.

Actually Zach should have a stockpile of boxes with the amount of guitars he buys. :shrug:

15. MailMan

I already said that 65 bucks is worth a lot more here. Consider that Eastern European greediness or whatever you want. I don't agree with a lot of things engage wrote in his post (Especially calling me a random troll, which I'm not; and the "300 emails", which was more like what, 10-15; and saying that I was "aware of the costs". I'd rather not get started...), but I see no point in challenging his every word if he's not cooperative on this.

I agree. I'm the new guy making noise, nobody knows where I'm coming from... He should've honored his word, but man, it's his decision, so be it. My mental health is worth more than this, and I'm letting it go. Even more, I'm grateful to engage, because the guitar itself is great - too bad he won't be reading this. I guess we'll avoid each other in the future...

I'm just sorry you guys got to know me through this. I hope we'll get along in other threads, because what I wrote in the opening post about the community here was not just BS. Now, gentleman, I take my leave, because it's past 1 AM over here...

ilyti and BlackMastodon like this.
  16. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

UPS has guitar shipping boxes for $17.86 or something; big enough for anything you'd need...let alone the free option mentioned here.

17. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

This is true, but doesn't always mean there's any dishonesty intended.
    If ten guitars are sent out in excellent to perfect condition to ten different people, then at least one or two people will likely claim (and truely believe) that the guitar they got is a piece of shit :lol:.

^ there's really no point to that, I';m just bored ATM.

and as for stealth; His frequent bans are just a cover for when he must go underground in his work for the KGB.

18. Heroin

Heroin I am wombat

He's always perma'd lol. It goes together like fat kids and ice-cream.

edit: sorry for the derail

19. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

This should have been kept private regardless, no offense to the OP of course. But Engage is right in the sense that we don't have any accurate emails or information provided to understand what happened fully.

However I don't think Engage should have posted so defensively, especially if he didn't do anything wrong. As of what we've seen, you've presented yourself decently and politely even after his post.

And the guys are right, not making due on your word is extremely shitty. But I would just count this off as a lesson learned since it does seem he even went as far as to break the law to get it to you at a lesser cost. Dude should have been a little more communicative for sure, it's the thing I value the most on this site. And when dudes stop replying when a problem happens it just makes me think they're scamming someone when it takes little to no time to write a quick response. Even in a busy schedule, that's quite easy to pencil in.

Either way, no comment on who's right or wrong, for obvious reasons. Just keep it between you two from here on out.

BlackStar7 likes this.
  20. poopyalligator

poopyalligator Dr.Poopyalligator

You guys can say what you want and defend his actions (which i agree was him going far beyond what most of us would be willing to do), but I also believe that he should hold up his end of the agreement as well. Granted when you are talking expensive instruments 65 isn't exactly a lot of money, but that isn't the point. Sticking to your word is more important, and if he really wanted just to end that whole bullshit he could of just sent him his 65 dollars back, and not take the hit to his reputation. No matter how good your rep is, a bad mark looks terrible. That is just my opinion though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.