The SevenString Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vinnymuse, Jul 13, 2018.

1. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Payyva payyva Loki!

2. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire We need ERG Ironbirds

if it's a big guillotine style paper cutter, you're going to make a mess, but it'll be a pretty quick death. We use machetes to kill some snakes on my grandpa's farm (or you can use a spade) and the guillotine style paper cutter is somewhat comparable to a heavy parang machete. It wouldn't bother me, but idk how squeamish you are or how much stuff you've killed that way.

3. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

Only took two pages to transition from talking about loving animals to killing them. Good job SSO.

4. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I meant that I don't understand enough about snake anatomy to know if it would be a "merciful" death. Snakes organs and stuff are different than people, I don't even know if decapitation would be an instant death. Though I guess technically we can say the same for people lol

At least if it were fed to a raptor, as brutal as the death may be, it would be doing something "nice" for the bird?

Yeah, but like, not because I enjoy killing things in any way. Because I don't, not even bugs. I just feel a deep sense of regret. Maybe I just symbolically want to kill that feeling...

5. Gravy Train

Gravy Train SS.org Regular

6. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

So take it to a vet and have it euthanized.

pondman and vilk like this.
  7. KnightBrolaire

lol we can't even keep gear threads on topic for more than a page or two. i'd say this is par for the course

Randy likes this.
  8. KnightBrolaire

:shrug: snakes die just fine when I've cut their heads off. Worst case you chop em into pieces.
    Since that doesn't sound like something you'd want to do, just get it euthanized.

9. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

JFC you guys. I just came to this thread to see dog pictures and we're talking about snake euthanasia (dope band name BTW)

This is Arnold. He likes to scratch his face on my headstock and isn't afraid of overdrive tones.

IMG_20180603_082347.jpg

This is his sister (litter mate) Lily. She's afraid of everything.

IMG_20180701_153221.jpg

10. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

just get an used RG prestige

11. LiveOVErdrive

LiveOVErdrive CNC hack

I know you didn't list it as an option but have you considered a mark v? They're super versatile.

The906 likes this.
  12. KnightBrolaire

and load it with fishman fluences

13. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Always love an excuse to post pictures of my cats :lol:

Here are my first 2 cats that are still living at my parents'. Both are 15 years old now, and I wish I could have them live with me but they like to be outside and my place isn't the best for outdoor kitties.

First up is Cleo, first of her name, the cross-eyed wonder, the loudest and most talkative kitty in the world. still acts like she's 3 or 4 years old and I love her for all of the above, even when she used to wake me up in the middle of the night when I was in grade school and high school, just so I'd open the door so she could leave again in 5 minutes.

And easily the greatest picture of her at our old family home. This was from when I was building my first guitar and she found her way onto my neighbour's roof.

Second is Holly, the grumpy food vaccuum that only looks grumpy but actually loves cuddles so long as you only touch above the shoulders. I feel really sad for her because it's clear that her bones and joints are troubling her and she has trouble walking around, especially on stairs. We've been trying to curb her diet the past year but it doesn't seem to be doing too much, she has always been a stress eater since we picked her up as a stray but I'm happy we were able to give her a good comfortable life.

While we're talking about bummers, here's a pictures of my grandpa's cat Sylvester, who was a giant fluffy suck and was afraid of everything. He had to be put down this year. :(

And then there are mine and my girlfriend's 2 kitties that we got shortly after moving in together. These little buggers stole my heart and I dunno what I'd do without them. The calico is Murphy Cooper and she is an absolute angel, named from one of our favourite movies, Interstellar. She only meows when she can't see anyone else and she is just the most gentle and lovable cat I've ever seen, though I wish she was more prone to coming up for cuddles and sleeping in bed with me. The black one is my boy Bruce Wayne, obviously named after Batman. He's a bit of a jerk to Murphy and is clearly as much an alpha male as house cats can get, but he loves cuddles and being picked up and is super affectionate. He also sometimes leaves his tongue out after cleaning himself and it's hilarious. They both just turned 2 in the past month.

Here they are when we first got them and they were only about 3 months old.

14. BlackMastodon

As for the other part of the conversation, I agree with vilk in that I think it's wrong to keep animals caged their whole life, specifically birds, I don't understand the point of having a bird as a pet if you don't let them fly around. But reptiles and amphibians and such I think is a little more acceptable if they have a big enough terrarium and have some room to move, though I still wouldn't do it because I think that pets should have the freedom to move around your home or at least a big area that same as we do.

As for your snake, vilk, I don't think you should euthanize it unless it is terminally ill or actually blind. I'd try to give it as long of a comfortable life as possible before I could put them down. I also don't want to kill animals so I can see your dillema, but if the snake is still comfortable then I'd say let it be.

15. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

Here's my cat, Ruf.

[​IMG]

16. BlackMastodon

Shit, I don't think my pictures are working. If I'm embedding from an album I made on my SSO profile, do I have to change the privacy settings on the album to public or shared?

17. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

I found this girl crossing the street in front my car, in July in PHX, and in distress. Obviously carrying a load of babies. No collar/ID. I managed to coax her into the car and brought her home. Advertised but no owners came up. 7 babies later, all found homes. 4 of which are paired up. She's been a great dog 3 years later and our GSP's thrash buddy, quite a bit of moxie. Some sort of Chihuahua/Dachsund and something else mix with the pups.

[​IMG]

18. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

Had to wait to be home from tour, and now I can post some pupper pics.

Last year we rescued a husky/??/?? mix named Layla via Animal Rescue Foundation Ontario (www.arfontario.com). We didn't change her name, and she doesn't always respond to it :loL:. She has since been given about 10 nicknames, mostly from my wife.

Layla was a foster-to-adopt dog since she had heartworm when we took her from her previous foster mom. When she was brought to the rescue, she had a litter of puppies *and* one of her previous puppies who also had a litter. 3 generations of dogs in one go. We believe she's a northern dog given the white on her nose. She had been house-trained and then abandoned, and we're glad to have her in our lives. When we got her, I left on a 3-week tour the next day so she is 90% "mom's dog". Good with kids, good in the car, loves to run in a fenced yard. She's most of the reason I want a house with a yard :lol:.

Anyway, pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk-tF_ZFFZI/?taken-by=sears_was_here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkxUPDQF-xX/?taken-by=sears_was_here

19. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scoop the Mids and Chug

My Kalista!! She’s 12 years old now and the best pup ever!!
    E86C0D0A-B413-4500-9AFF-AF08DAF48B53.jpeg

20. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant