The SevenString Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vinnymuse, Jul 13, 2018.

1. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

[​IMG]

High Plains Drifter and lurè like this.
  2. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

My little man, Bailey!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

4. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

Kinda lame but I thought I'd share this kitty silhouette that I made for my wife from remnants of some dilapidated wooden lattice slats that were otherwise going into the garbage. Came out alright. She loved it.

[​IMG]

And a real one...

[​IMG]

CM_X5, zappatton2, c7spheres and 7 others like this.
  5. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I forgot my other two, how could I!

Jackson, my Border Collie mix, and Clare, my Border Collie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And my Best Friend, Rebel, who I sadly lost a couple years ago and I think about and miss him every day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  6. High Plains Drifter

Rebel looks like that dog that you're just automatically drawn to when you see him at the park or wherever. He has that expression like he's going to make you love on him. I feel like he had an infectious and insanely gentle personality. Almost brought a tear to my eye. Rest in Peace, Rebel.

7. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

I appreciate your kind words, my friend. You are exactly right, He really was that type of dog. He loved everyone and was the most gentle, sweetest soul you could ever meet. When he was diagnosed with lymphoma we put him on chemo, and the nurses/ techs who took care of him loved him so much, said he was the "Kind, sweet gentleman" and even took this photo of him when he completed Chemo:

[​IMG]

I remember the day I picked him up at the farm when I was 12, and the day I barried him when when I was 26 and he was 14....he was like the brother I never had and my best friend. Such a sweetheart. I remember times I was going through rough patches in my life and in tears and he would come over to comfort me and be by my side the whole time. I even remember the day he got diagnosed with cancer and I broke down on the floor in tears and even then he tried to hug me and kiss me and sit in my lap as a way to tell me "everything was going to be alright, buddy, you will be fine." Dammit if losing him neaely broke my heart...

I have three amazing dogs right now, but if it were not for Rebel I would not have appreciated them as much as I do. He truly was family...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. High Plains Drifter

Well damn... there's those tears :( The only thing that makes me feel better when hearing these kinds of heartbreaking accounts, is realizing how adored they truly were. I'm glad that Rebel had such a compassionate and loving caregiver as you. Seeing animals subjected to neglect and abuse sincerely makes me sick to my stomach and breaks my heart. I love knowing that Rebel had a wonderful life full of contentment and humanity :)

I also lost my beloved Kodi to lymphoma when he was almost 12 yrs old. He didn't make it 3 months after diagnosis. I cried a little upon that diagnosis but the day that he left my side, I was an absolute wreck. Took me many many months before the hole left in my heart finally began to close.

Thank you for sharing more about Rebel.

Here's a few pics of my awesome little guy. I still miss him to this day...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Lost our wee man that we used to look after for weeks/months on end...our adopted dog. He was the third dog we never had. Always came back to our house if he ever got out of his garden....I always found him at our front gate looking to get back in (his owners live about 2 mins away). RIP Bubbles....put to sleep at 15 years of age. Getting really angsty about our own to dogs now....both 12 years of age (lifespan 12-14). They are like children to us. All my guitars and gear just to have a few months more with my dogs.

20190309_165015.jpg

10. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

Tried to get a shot of Pepper mid-yawn. It was dark in the bedroom and so my phone compensated with a slower shutter speed. That's how this monstrosity was created.

0227211555a_HDR.jpg 0227211555a_HDR~2.jpg

11. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Edit the zoomed in photo to be super saturated black and white and baby you got yourself a black metal album cover!

Millul, Taylor, XPT707FX and 2 others like this.
  12. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

13. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Do cats like to sit on amps that are on due to the heat they generate?

14. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire only the dead have seen the end of GAS

My cat just likes to sit on them regardless of if they're warm or not. He uses them as very expensive cat towers :lol:

Sumsar and High Plains Drifter like this.
  15. High Plains Drifter

Last week, some neighborhood cat came up to the window where Jaida likes to sit and smacked the shit out of it trying to start a fight... totally freaked her out. She spent the next two days completely on edge... staying away from the window and flinching at every sound and sudden movement around the house. Yesterday, she finally decided to go back to her chill spot although she was on high alert.

[​IMG]

XPT707FX and BlackMastodon like this.