The Satanist Children's Ministry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ancestor, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Ancestor

Ancestor Contributor

2. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

"Sorta"

They appear to be atheists masquerading as satanists for a reductio ad absurdum arguement that, should local authorities allow jesus freaks into schools to proselytize, they would by law also have to put up with poaching from satanists

Winspear likes this.
  3. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

4. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Got nothing against Satanists, only Satanists who don't know more than me about Satanism, and I was never even a A Satanists. Same goes for armchair Buddhists etc. You know, the ones in it like its a fad.

Regarding the statue below
    I don't think they should have compromised with a toned down version of it. It never had man breasts before from what I've ever seen. This is a weekness according to some, but understandable being a major first step, so possibly worth it?

BlackSG91 likes this.
  5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

The "modern" Baphomet depictions we see are mostly from the late 1800s, the Lévi version. Earlier than that, depending on which history you ascribe to, there was significant variation on what Baphomet was depicted as, and it was more of a broad term to describe a form of idolatry.

c7spheres likes this.
  6. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Right. I was comparing to that Levi version. Some are dead set on it to the point of getting big tattoo's of it like they are more about the symbolsim and idolatry of it than the actual sect their in. The number of "hipster" and now mellinial trendy Satanists are growing rampant out here. About 10 years ago it was the Buddhists etc. Like everyone's trying out the same religion at the same time as a trend or fad because their freinds are, not because they are actually interseted. People are just weird now like that, since the whole social media thing. I saw that interview by I think Megan Kelly of the Satanist when the satue went up and shw was a bitch to him. She did a lot to help millions of people look into it themselves. Way to go Megan!

7. MaxOfMetal

I think to most it represents the rejection of contemporary religion and faith, it's not about worshipping a deity, but the absurdity of it all.

Most people I know into that sort of thing would describe themselves as atheist or secular humanist.

Folks latch on to newer versions of Baphomet because, visually, it's pretty much as far away from contemporary conservative depictions of God/Jesus/etc.

They probably did tone down the statue (no female breasts or giant boner), but to be fair, being "make believe" it's open to interpretation. That's what Lévi did, he interpreted earlier versions to his will.

sirbuh, xzacx and c7spheres like this.
  8. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Meh

Astarte is cuter

BurneyRelief.Med.jpg Screenshot_2019-11-06-22-53-41.png

Strobe likes this.
  9. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

No one is as kawaii as Cthulhu tho tbh.

JoshuaVonFlash and Adieu like this.
  10. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Living in a mostly catholic nation where catholicism is losing more followers every year.. there were a couple of men who built a holy Mary shrine not far from my place. I litterally said that if one of my neighbours builds a shrine, I'm building one with a baphomet idol! Basically for thesame readon this Ministry exists..

11. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

It seems the "Real Satanists" vs. "S(atan)JWs" will never end.

Personally I'm of the Church Of Satan camp and it's annoying to watch the philosophy turn into a social media circus by the likes of SatAntifa. It gets tiresome watching idiot angry kids use Satanism to troll Christians because they don't have anything better to do.

Ah well. At the end of the day I suppose it's not ruining my life or anything so it's not too big of a deal, however I'm tired of being lumped in with these morons because people assume actual Satanists condone that shit.

12. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs

I truly believe that Satan Claus has had an immense commercial effect on the children of today.:rocker:

[​IMG]

c7spheres likes this.
  13. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Who?

14. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

Satanism has always come off as a troll religion like Pastafarianism and Church of the SubGenius to me. Probably partly because half of the people involved use it to troll Christianity, and the other half are atheists who enjoy the rebellious symbolism. What other draws does it have? Strip it of both of those and it seems to be a form of ethical humanism.

c7spheres and JoshuaVonFlash like this.
  15. MaxOfMetal

Being in the metal scene so long I've somewhat become a accustomed to the "no true Scotsman" of Satanism.

sirbuh, Thaeon and c7spheres like this.
  16. vilk

vilk Very Regular

LaVeyan Satanism is pretty transparently a troll religion, and I think Aton LaVey has said as much in not exactly the same language. The whole thing started out as a music performance at a cocktail lounge where he played spooky songs and acted spookily to entertain people, and then he started lecturing in between songs about Nietzsche/Nihilism.

I don't know if we can call it humanism, though. Aton LaVey really heavily pushed the idea of revenge and it was considered especially evil (which is just LaVeyan troll language for good) to get back at someone who has wronged you. That was the main thing about it that made me say "I can't pretend I believe this" even when I was an angsty trolly teenager.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    c7spheres likes this.
  17. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

Maybe not. However, I'd probably argue that its focused on indulging baser impulses and fulfilling desires, which from a sort of survivalist point of view, is right action and is how the species has survived as long as it has. But it doesn't work really going forward.

18. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Exactly. You don't see them...because they aren't the ones waving pentagrams around and screaming about raping Jesus other such nonsense.

19. vilk

vilk Very Regular

So what do they do then?

20. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I think what is a bad move, imo, is associating with the name Satan to begin with. It had a nice intial shock value back when Lavey started it, but to continue to use it is kind of a detriment and gimmick, especially when there is no actual belief in Satan himself. I understand the use of Satans name because of the similarities in character to the character of Satan but the imagery and name use gives both The Satanic Temple and The Church of Satan less credibility than they should be getting, imo. The people I meet that are sincerly practitioners of it are usually very educated and discrete in appearance. The use of the dark toned, talismanic/sigil imagery and word play is a nice way to try to get the attention or peek the interests of usually younger rebellius teens and adults looking for authority or a sense of power etc. If you look into the differences between the old Levey Stanism and The Satanic Temple, they are quite different. The Satanic Temple's views and agendas imo cause for even less use of these images and words. It's only a detriment to them at this point. If they changed the name and imagery they could gather many more members and have a much greater effect while keeping the same goals. This is even more like Satan in it's deception as it is, too. So if they really want to take the techiniques to heart they should listen to me. Maybe they will one day actually become theistic Satanists? That may be to dangerous for them though, because like most of these organizations it's really about money and politcs and power. Just an opinion.