The OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 Thread!

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by HighGain510, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Regular

Open the command console (~ key) and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1 and it shows your fps in the corner of the screen.

2. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

Right on, thanks for that!

3. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Regular

4. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

My friend has the game (BF4) for his PS4 and spends a lot of time in multiplayer. I am not a dedicated multiplayer player with a few exceptions like Borderlands 2, Sniper elite V2 and Dead rising 2. Anyways, my friend let me play a couple Conquest multiplayer mission and it was freaking fun. As I stated, I normally don't like on-line multilplayer run and gun type vs. games, especially military style ones, but I had a lot of fun with the Conquest missions. :agreed:

Some of the more amusing things I have seen with both, me and my friend playing Conquest missions.

Online players (probably snipers) climbing up these towers that are like 50 yards high and then getting blown off the tower by a tank. If you are too far, you can't see the players climbing but you can still see their name tags.

Watching soldiers sneak up behind enemy tanks to plant C4 explosives (I assume that's what they're doing). Very, very gutsy. :flex:

Players who can't fly well purposely crashing their helicopters/jets into hard to reach snipers.

Players who are piloting helicopters and jump out in mid-air and the door gunner players are not aware that they are on a chopper with no pilot. :realmad::realmad:

A lot of amusing stuff goes on in these multiplayer missions.

5. Heineken

Heineken Blackened is the end

BF4 is definitely up there for me with gtaV for best games to come out in 2013.

With that being said, there are still tons of bugs in bf4 for them to fix, such as the random freezing issue since i find myself having to use taskmanager to kill the game sometimes...

6. solarian

solarian SS.org Regular

Been super excited about BF4 since the beta and finally nabbed it last night. Didn't bother to look at any of the black friday deals going on, and figured BF4 wouldn't have a drop in price. Well, right before going to bed saw that Gamestop had it for $25. Put my $10 trade in credit towards it and <3!!! Still getting through the single player and can't wait to jump on multiplayer later.

And HOLY SHIT this looks amazing on PC. So glad I upgraded my rig! Wish this was Steam though, as Origin can go .... itself of course.

Add me PC guys: solarianstudios

7. CrushingAnvil

CrushingAnvil \m not jesus land m/

Played it on my brother's PS4, and it was pretty ....in' good. Wasn't aware of the bullet drop for the first four minutes, but soon realised and stared headshot-ing every AI enemy I could see :lol:

8. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Midget

I swore I wouldn't, but I caved and got BF4 on PC, and I have to concede that I really dig it! I like the maps I have played so far, flood zone is tricky to get my head around. I am Lockey14 on battlelog if anyone wants to add me, although i tend to only play aussie servers due to shitty ADSL :squint:

9. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Regular

Second Assault is out on the 18th! Finally some new maps, was getting a bit sick of playing the same maps all the time.

10. Pav

Pav ???

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnn, Second Assault in TWO MINUTES! :D I'll be in the Metro if anyone needs me.

11. Sam MJ

Sam MJ Tries to be helpful

How's it running now? I heard bf4 was pretty broken on pc earlier in the release.

12. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

Just gotta wait till I get home to play these new maps. Metro looks like awesome gameplay, that and Caspian border!

I'm so sick of Zavod 311, Wish I could delete that out of the game!

13. metal_sam14

metal_sam14 Midget

I played capsicum border and firestorm 2014 last night, I love the changes they have made so far, Caspian looks great, firestorm can be a little frustrating if you get "killed in action" heaps due to the fire that is ....ing everywhere haha

14. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Regular

Downloaded it last night but haven't played it yet. I think it's a bit cheap they released a DLC of maps that were in the last game instead of making new ones.. but I'll still play the shit out of these :lol:

15. Pav

Pav ???

The remade maps for Second Assault are the bast maps in the game thus far, imo. And fear not, there are still 8 more new maps coming. :D

16. Stealth7

Stealth7 SS.org Regular

After playing them for a bit I like what they've done with the maps... except Metro, that's still a clusterfvck! :lol:

17. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I'm playing on ps4. seconad assault maps are good. I didnt play that much BF3 so they are kinda new to me

havent got to play them much though. I usually play late arvo before the woman comes home and not enough poeple have them yet and struggle to find a populated server on the new maps .and when I do it seems team deathmatch is the only one . I dont mind TDM here and there for kills but rather Rush

18. cataclysm_child

cataclysm_child NOT a ss.org Regular

New BF4 update

About.F'ing.Time.

19. FIXXXER

FIXXXER ¯\(°_o)/¯

haven't played in months as it was simply unplayable.
    stoked if the patch will bring any hope back haha

20. Churchie777

Churchie777 SS.org Regular

Bit of a bump here but im a former COD player that has just jumped on Battlefield 4 on PS4 and it completely kicks COD arse i wish i converted long ago. Not to blow my on whistle but i was pretty good at COD but friggin sucking at BF my cousin was the opposite good at BF but when he jumped on COD was terrible, i know it take time to break in but even sucking at BF is still more fun than owning at COD :lol: