The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Hollowway, Dec 2, 2019.

1. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

Great, so now he's a poser too, lol :p

Either way I think this whole thing cheapens Boba Fett so I'm just gonna pretend it doesn't exist.

La la la, can't hear ya...

2. Werecow

Werecow SS.org Regular

3. Exchanger

Exchanger SS.org Regular

Nahhh, that's how most people act around babies. All dumb and mushy.

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

It DOES seem to be settling into "The Adventures of The Mandalorian, and His Sidekick, Baby Yoda!" Honestly, given this is the first season and there will almost certainly be more, that's not the worst outcome here.

I seem to have been somehow born without that gene. :lol:

5. Gudbrand

Gudbrand SS.org Regular

This is a problem I have with the whole Star Wars universe. Individual character traits, equipment, and costumes from the original movies get amplified into the defining characteristics of an entire group.

For instance, Obi-Wan wore desert robes because he lived on Tatooine. Later they become the iconic jedi robes, because all jedi have to look exactly like the first one we met.

Boba Fett had a cool helmet. Then it turns out that all Mandalorians wear those helmets, all the time, and they never even take them off.

It's like the worldbuilding was done by five year olds with no imagination. I am a huge fan of the original trilogy, and a lot of the EU, but this issue has always bothered me.

6. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

That's kinda why I didn't feel weird about the mandalorians in the show - they seemed pretty much like they are in those games. The movies never show mandalorians apart from Boba and Jango Fett, so I'd guess they're lone survivors (and ofc not even actual mandalorians) in the original trilogy. Then again, even in KOTOR, they always lived in the outer rim, which is not shown much in the movies anyway... So maybe they're still there but just not shown.

I really dig the show by the way, but the last two episodes felt like filler IMO, apart from the last seconds of ep. 5 I guess. I really hope the main plot will start to show itself soon.

7. Exchanger

Exchanger SS.org Regular

Yeah, I meant it that way, so far they got the gist of it. Although I'm not sure if the KOTOR mandos would jeopardize their refuge to back up one of their own if he knowingly broke a rule and put himself in a shit situation. I think they'd have been more "you're either smart enough to get by or strong enough to fight or you deserve to die".

p0ke likes this.
  8. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Drawing a complete blank on this - put it in [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] tags, but what did you have in mind that seemed meaningful?

9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

You know, the guy in the cape... Nothing happened but it was shown that someone's after mando.

Drew likes this.
  10. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

Oh, right.
    Though I assumed it was Baby Yoda that bounty hunter was after

p0ke likes this.
  11. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah, more specifically. Anyway, some ominous figure whom we'll most likely see more of today :lol:

12. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I think the show trailer spoilt who it is if anyone has to know now. I don't really mind that the last two episodes were standalone adventure episodes but a bit more overall plot direction would be nice.

13. Manurack

Manurack Nunavut Inuk

Speaking of KOTOR on the original Xbox, the new episode Chapter Six feels a lot like the Endar Spire and even the Sith base on Manaan!

And who else yelled "fuck yeah!" When you recognized the bald dude as Kuby from Breaking Bad?!?!

Exchanger likes this.
  14. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

I’d protect Baby Yoda if I saw it. So fucking cute how could you not!

15. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire chasing the tone dragon

Getting Bill Burr and Clancy Brown (kurgan from highlander, mr. crabs in spongebob) in ep6 was pretty neat. I knew that Clancy was playing the devaronian the second he started talking.
    The dialogue for the twi'lek chick was unbelievably cringy though.

16. Noisy Humbucker

Noisy Humbucker Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.

Back when I cared, I always thought Brown would have made the perfect Sabertooth (and Rutger Hauer the perfect Cable, but that’s another story).

Still waiting for my wife to binge it with me after the grandkids are down, gotta have something to justify that Disney+ sub!

17. KnightBrolaire

yeah, he would have been a good sabertooth, especially back when he was younger. I'm still salty that they didn't cast stephen lang as Cable in Deadpool 2. Josh Brolin was great, but Stephen Lang just nails that Chris Claremont/Rob Liefeld era Cable vibe.

Noisy Humbucker likes this.
  18. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

i concur. Stephen Lang but also Ron Pearlman would work in a way

19. Exchanger

Exchanger SS.org Regular

The whole team is just a bunch of sociopathic idiots, why Mando didn't even try to ditch them first chance makes little sense. It's also pretty clear from the beginning they would backstab him first chance. But ok say he really needs the money.
    But they also build him up as a ruthless fighter who's not afraid of getting dirty. Call me a psycho but I was disappointed when they reveal at the end they're just in a cell and he didn't kill those assholes like it's first suggested (ok the strobe light scene was awesome). Where's all that grit gone ?
    Also the "using a droid arm to interface with the digital lock" thingy..., well, cool but how does he interface with the droids arm, then ?

Manurack likes this.
  20. KnightBrolaire

yeah I don't really get why the writers had him spare them. Mando has no qualms with murdering people in other episodes. I mean he fucking disintegrated a Jawa just for stealing parts off his ship, why wouldn't he kill the merc team that tried to betray him? And then on top of that, he plants the tracker on the male twi'lek, essentially dooming the whole space station to death once the republic starts blowing it up..

zappatton2 and Exchanger like this.