The Man of Steel Trailers

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Korbain, Jul 24, 2012.

1. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

I'm getting quite sick of Zimmer personally. He has become a cliche of himself. It is far too easy to spot one of his very blah pieces that drown out the movie.

This trailer does look far better than the teaser though.

2. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

I don't like all his stuff, but his song selection in this trailer was good, i don't believe he write the piece though?

Loved his music in gladiator, black hawk down, inception and the dark knight movies.

Just watched the trailer again, my god, i honestly cannot wait for this! How pumped do you get when you see him walking in the ice bit with the superman costume on lol Love snyders directing, so glad he's got nolan and goyer to write the story, thats one thing snyders movies have always lacked...character development and a solid story!

3. petereanima

petereanima Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Damn, that trailer looks fine. Looking forward to this!

4. Koloss85

Koloss85 The Doomslayer

I'm really pumped about this one! That last movie was a piece of shit. So many great people working on this one. Summer 2013 cant come quickly enough! (-that's what she said. Giggity.)

5. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Superman Returns was competently made, but the story was blah. There was plenty of talent behind it too. After all, it was directed by Bryan Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies.

The trailer looks great, and the visual style is quite striking, with the juxtaposition of the rustic elements of Smallville contrasted against the clean lines of the costume once he puts it on. The aerial and space shots are pretty darn glorious.

6. flint757

flint757 SS.org Regular

I enjoy some of his work, but as a whole he feels lazy to me (lately). It fits the parts, tone and pushes the movie forward, but lacks substance IMO. But you are right he is a producer and also writes scores, no idea which he is doing on this trailer (sounds like typical Zimmer though). He has written memorable things in the past though and is definitely more than capable (Gladiator, Lion King). I'm just not a fan of the things attached to his name in the past five years, particularly TDK, TDKR and Inception. Forgettable IMO.

From what little I know of him he typically writes the music in pre-production. Honestly, I wish he or anyone else would do it in a more direct way. Watch the movie, give it some thought, find a melody that clicks and fit accordingly. Bond, Mission Impossible, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Brave Heart, Indiana Jones all had music that even without the movie being on you know what it was for.

7. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

I thought that was a great trailer.. doesn't give away any of the plot, but hints at the story. Doesn't give away the action scenes. And best of all, no "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHM"

8. Bloodbath Salt

Bloodbath Salt Title-less

A remake of a 2005 Superman remake? They're even trying anymore. Next thing you'll see is, a 3rd remake The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, within a decade. Oh wait...

9. MFB

MFB Banned

Uh, Superman Returns didn't have anything to do with Superman II though since it didn't have Zod or any of the stuff that made that one great. All it had was a bald Kevin Spacey yelling at some new-comer in spandex.

This however has none of that

10. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

Except superman returns wasn't a remake, it was a continuation from the original supermans, which is why the reboot is happening. They said doing a sequel to a movie that no one has watched in years if ever in this generation is pointless.

Which is true lol i thought superman returns was really underrated, loved the references to the original supermans too, and kevin spacey was brilliant! as always

11. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

yea I really liked Superman Returns too. a little too slow maybe, it was 2.5 hours long and coulda been trimmed to an even 2 with no real story sacrifices made. iirc it was even decently reviewed when it was new. it is just one of those movies were critical opinion turns on it due to bad box office numbers or whatever and it somehow becomes a bad movie even though when it was new, it was great. same thing happened to Troy.

12. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I'm sorry, I had to. :lol:

13. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

ohh nooo heee diddennnttt :nono: lol

I wonder if the lex luthor will be in the man of steel at some point? maybe at the end or something. I love the actor playing Zod too. Watched one of his movies the other day, he was brilliant in it.

14. xFallen

xFallen SS.org Regular

I really hope for good things to come from this movie :C

15. Valnob

Valnob about tree fiddy

I saw the trailer yesterday during The Hobbit, it was really epic on the big screen.

I'm definitely waiting for this movie.

16. xFallen

xFallen SS.org Regular

Yeah I'm just hoping the trailers aren't misleading :(

17. petereanima

petereanima Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

well, f*** me, i think this is going to rule hard!

18. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch PRS Guitars

I'm so sure that it will be good that I'd be willing to bet money. All the armor and stuff from the trailers definitely makes it look awesome!

19. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Just saw this trailer...seriously impressed. ZOD!!!!!

20. Captain Butterscotch

Captain Butterscotch PRS Guitars

Has anyone viewed this movie film?