thealexkelley

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Warning: Serious Topic for Discussion

What do you guys make of the fact that both of these guys are relatives of Barry Gordy, the founder of Motown records(Redfoo is his son, Skyblu is his grandson)? I mean, Motown released some of the most influential and socially conscious records for the black community, and now his progeny are making this trite nonsense.

they live a very #YOLO lifestyle

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
LMFAO tour dates:

shitdates.png

Don Vito

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
LMFAO are revisiting their Norwegian Black Metal r00ts.

Paying homage to the Pagan Party Gods on their way out.

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Warning: Serious Topic for Discussion

What do you guys make of the fact that both of these guys are relatives of Barry Gordy, the founder of Motown records(Redfoo is his son, Skyblu is his grandson)? I mean, Motown released some of the most influential and socially conscious records for the black community, and now his progeny are making this trite nonsense.

And Rockwell (of "Somebody's Watching Me" fame) is Gordy's son. That is the only reason any of these "musicians" are signed to any label. The "music" is pure shit.

Reaction score
I thought the music was awesome... until I realized youtube was on mute and I was hearing Satyricon.

Opps.

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
LMFAO are a few steps away from either being shite or being really talented and forward-thinking. It's weird, I like them, but not enough for me to get their music.

7stringDemon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was wrong, this thread is going to be huge :lol:

Mods, please don't close it.

People's butthurt is amazing reading material.

Ninjahat

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
"I fucking hate this band, the song was only in 4/4, the key remained the same and the lyrics where tasteless, written about doing FUN things as opposed to murder, space, aliens, conspiracies or questing.

I didn't even hear 1 GUITAR, you know, the instrument on which you make REAL Music. Hah, these plebeians wouldn't know real music if Mr.Sucimez himself came in and swept an arpeggio in front of them :hbang::shred::nuts:

And to add to it all, people ENJOY this music. WHAT! I know you're probably having a hard time believing it too, but people actually like to listen to this? Don't they recognize the true value of music is how hard it is to play?"

This is wat u r liek. Calm down SSO, if you don't like this music, why come into this thread? Seems a tiny bit stupid doesn't it?

ERRYDAY IM SHUFFLIN:shred:

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I really enjoy this band for the fact about how open they are about there relationship together. If you would have told anyone 10 years ago a gay couple would be selling hit pop records they would have laughed at you. But look how far they have come.

EDIT I was just informed they are not gay........

This kid was suspended from school for sexual harrasment after quoting Lyrics by this band
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/colorado-boy-6-suspended-_n_1478119.html

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I really enjoy this band for the fact about how open they are about there relationship together. If you would have told anyone 10 years ago a gay couple would be selling hit pop records they would have laughed at you. But look how far they have come.

EDIT I was just informed they are not gay........

6-Year-Old Colo. Boy Suspended For Alleged Sexual Harassment For Quoting LMFAO Lyrics, 'Sexy And I Know It' (VIDEO)

I would hope not, they are blood relatives (Uncle and Nephew). :ugh:

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
as far as "pop" music goes, these guys are far less annoying than most. I get why people like it and it's fun.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I pretty much watch any of those in the same regard as the lonely island stuff.

Its funny when you watch it with the music video, and then when you hear it again its funny in that it reminds you of the shenanigans in the music video.

Its comedy, just think you could be getting subjected to the horrors that are known as the black eyed peas or kesha.

Greatoliver

Looking to windward
Reaction score
Good music for clubs. Don't actually mind them as at least they're doing something slightly interesting.

Party rock is a good song. And they catchy as hell :lol: