The "I think Ibanez guitars are way over rated" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom you're really not looking hard enough for non-trem Ibbys cause there are loads :lol:

Not in the current Prestige line-up.

That's something where I will give Ibanez a lot of criticism. They REALLY need to step up things in the Fixed Bridge market.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
No there's loads of lower models though. I doubt Tom would fork out for a Prestige anyway as he thinks Ibanez are way overpriced.

I'd suggest the RGA32 as a quality entry level Ibanez guitar that is a hardtail. Can't be beaten for the money IMO.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Relax guy!

saddam2.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
One more thing I'm going to add to this thread: The Ibanez haters here haven't played J-Customs. Its not possible for their opinion to be so low, otherwise. Maybe some of the lower model number models aren't so fantastic, but I doubt that.

Then do you care to throw Gibson CS, Jackson CS, and ESP CS into the mix? Maybe the PRS Private Stock? Let's be serious here.

This has aaaallll been discussed ad nauseum already.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
You threaten with a ban hammer? Such barbarism! Its a good thing you have the coolest user name here.

Next to mine of course.

Go team Ibanez, wooot.

Then do you care to throw Gibson CS, Jackson CS, and ESP CS into the mix? Maybe the PRS Private Stock? Let's be serious here.

This has aaaallll been discussed ad nauseum already.

I'm super serial, alright?

Arctodus

king of the monsters
Reaction score
Ibanez guitars overrated, yeah their new stuff is. All the components are cheezy and cheap. But I can't blame them. They are trying to keep prices down so most people can afford an actual Ibanez.

In the end all guitars are just wood and metal. Its how its crafted and made by people which drives people to play it. The same can be said for PRS guitars. Play an old one an original one from the early 90s. It feels so much better then the new ones. Same goes for Ibanez. But then again they were not this huge company which they turned into. Its almost a different product- thats what happens when a business becomes corporate. Mass produce it for the entire world. Quantity over quality- J craft. J crafts are still amazing.

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
The first Ibanez I ever played was a Flying V copy in the early '80s and it was super nice.

EDIT: It was late '70s, actually. Probably a '78 or '79 model.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
*Is glad he can get customs*

Phlegethon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
with all of the . . . interesting . . .things going on in this thread I'm surprized that it hasn't degenerated into quote tunnels as well as a poster coming along and invoking godin's law at some point.

it started out well though . . .lol

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
with all of the . . . interesting . . .things going on in this thread I'm surprized that it hasn't degenerated into quote tunnels as well as a poster coming along and invoking godin's law at some point.

it started out well though . . .lol

We're civilized here k thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.