The HAARP Machine is Back...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by musicaldeath, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

As much as I like Mu'min's writing style I wish Sumerian would just drop these clowns, surely they don't appreciate how all this junk is making them look as a label

2. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

Dont worry they are beyong Al's ability too...

3. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

[​IMG]

4. Kaff

Kaff SS.org Regular

Haven't followed the drama within the bands history, but enjoyed Disclosure very much! As for Al's playing it seems pretty tight these days. Hope there's more music coming from THM

5. CGrant109

CGrant109 SS.org Regular

Any word on who was playing with him in the new line up? Looks like everyone quit agaiin?

6. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

i personally know the dude who was scheduled to drum for them at tech fest. Just a good session drummer. A relative no name as alot of session musicians are sadly.

7. DanThornton01

DanThornton01 New Member

This is true. I had been working with Al since September/October last year after auditioning in August. However on the 5th of June, he falsely accused me of anabolic steroid usage via e-mail and said that he had "zero tolerance towards it". Yep, you read that right. I have absolutely no idea where he got this notion from, but its complete bollocks and I am 100% confident that it was just some wet excuse to bin me for some other reason that he wasn't man enough to confront me on. I phoned, texted, and e-mailed him multiple times that day to discuss the issue, but he was too cowardly to respond.
    He also took the other members back down to 'the auditioning stage' - revoking their already established membership within the project. Yet again, for absolutely no reason, after literally months of weekly rehearsals and album prep sessions with no problems whatsoever.

I spent upwards of three months learning the first album, and learnt a new song in the back of a van in 7 days on tour going round Europe with my other band. I put a great deal of money, time, effort and energy into HAARP, only to have it pointlessly ripped away on the back of a baseless accusation.

I can honestly say, that for the duration that I worked with Al in rehearsing the material and helping to find and audition the other members, he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Don't get me wrong, he's a strange guy, but nothing sinister or inherently 'dick-ish' was going on. There were a few traits that I picked up on about him, and there were a few times where he straight up lied to my face about how previous lineups had fallen apart (I found out he was lying by hearing multiple stories from ex-members and mutual acquaintances).

I was very much looking forward to being a part of HAARP, but clearly Al is not ready to let anyone else in the project full-time. As far as I'm concerned, Al's personality will mean that HAARP will never have a stable lineup, which is a crying shame. I have heard the completed demos of the entire second album, and it is absolutely groundbreaking material. IF the album ever gets released, it will change the face of modern metal, it is a PHENOMENAL record.

An entirely unfair thing to say about one of the most skilled drummers in the UK. He took the job for the same reason as myself and the bassist; to improve his drumming capabilities, challenge himself, and to help expose himself as the incredible musician that he is.

8. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

lol you have blatantly and intentionally left out more of my post /\

taking things out of context is fun right?

9. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

10. DanThornton01

DanThornton01 New Member

Even in context, its not a very nice thing to say about someone is it? haha

11. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

you know i wasnt talking about the drummer beyond the not my place to judge line?

the self entitled weiner onwards was about the member of this basnd that always creates issues

12. DanThornton01

DanThornton01 New Member

Yes, I am aware.

13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

im incredibly close friends with a dude that has known him and been in bands with him for probably the last 10 years.
    Tbh, my initial point is really not that far from the truth. Fine you think differently. Fair enough.

Lets leave it there?

14. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I'm really sorry to hear that Dan. This is the third or fourth lineup he's gone through now after cancelling gigs in that way it may be the last. I had hoped Al was back on track with a new album coming soon but I'm not hopeful now.

15. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

What does steroid usage have to do with making music?

[​IMG]

mikernaut likes this.
  16. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

damn, at this rate The Faceless and Haarp Machine should just combine!, soo much drama.

17. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

LoL, whut!!??

If you are a troll, you at least made me laugh :)

18. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

The worse thing is BOTH of those bands were due to headline UK techfest and both pulled out.

19. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

Yeah... I'm gonna need some kind of proof. I'm not saying I don't believe you because your description of Al seems to be what everyone says about him, but the steroid thing is odd.

20. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

Is this still going on?

I know the bass player who was hit up for the first attempted "reform for a show" a few years back, maybe for the first Tech Fest - it was definitely a festival that they cancelled on. Apparently that was a shambles, with half the band (well, they were all session players) getting sacked or quitting after about 2 rehearsals.

Seems that things haven't changed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.