The HAARP Machine is Back...

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by musicaldeath, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

[​IMG]

Alright!

2. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I don't mind screaming with signing. But even though I'm just under 30, I generally prefer singing on my metal. if they have clean singing I'm on board. That track was catchy AF imo.

3. HumanFuseBen

HumanFuseBen SS.org Regular

There's some cool layering of the guitar parts and neat harmonies in that new song that was posted above, but... c'mon man, it would sound better if it wasn't edited to death. In my opinion, of course; it seems like a lot of people want this inhumanly perfect thing going on with their metal production, but myself, i don't think there's anything cooler than sounding human.

4. WishIwasfinnish

WishIwasfinnish SS.org Regular

This song is really sick and I think the editing is what makes it unique. I love the lightly distorted guitar tone. I don't even care if he's really playing it in the video, as long as he can eventually play it live...but this is great stuff

5. inaudio

inaudio Hack Fraud

I agree with Uncle Ben. It sounds like Al's stepdad edited this one.

6. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metalâ„¢

That's why I love metal...and not EDM.

7. Cloudy

Cloudy Pacific Wood Lab

This is pretty good, Im also in the "I hope its instrumental" boat. THMs instrumentals are solid and vocals kill a ton of metal bands for me :(

8. Big_taco

Big_taco SS.org Regular

THIS! There's some cool stuff going on in there but it almost hurts my ear to listen to it because of the inhuman edits. Figured it might try a more natural sound considering how much .... he's got over the years about that kinda thing.

9. bhakan

bhakan SS.org Regular

I actually like the edited sound. I feel like that's sort of part of The HAARP Machine's aesthetic, its gives it a sort of futuristic, mechanical feel.

I generally dislike the recent trend of super polished, inhuman metal production, but this goes far enough to feel like a stylistic choice. For my tastes, lot of modern metal recently has fallen into this weird middle ground where it's meant to sound natural, but the mix is super ridiculously polished and there's no "edge" to it. I sort of like it when a the production has some sort of overall "vibe" to it, whether it be something that's just raw and disgusting like Nails or something that's futuristic and mechanical sounding like this.

Winspear likes this.
  10. GenghisCoyne

GenghisCoyne im here to party

There is no such animal

11. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

This. I always liked it. It always seemed to me that the point of recording in a studio is to get everything as close to perfect as possible. As long as you don't go into a show expecting everything to be 100% on point and pitch perfect the way it is in the studio, sounds like a good time for everyone.

12. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

wow, okay buddy. :nuts:

13. TheDandy

TheDandy SS.org Regular

Any word on the quality of the tabs Al released?

14. RoRo56

RoRo56 SS.org Regular

Was thinking to myself that HAARP were supposed to play at the Techfest all-dayer on Saturday and went to look for footage. According to Simon Garrod (the organiser) they had to cancel last minute, as "the band is clearly not ready for live shows." According to Dan Thornton of Novena he had been working with Al as the second guitarist in HAARP but was abruptly fired for seemingly no reason.

As someone who absolutely loves the music that this guy makes it really makes you wonder how or why he's such an asshat. I'm disappointed, but not surprised at all.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

absolutely this!!!

I actually know the session drummer they recruited to play the Techfest show. He is abit of a sellout type guy so just joins whatever act for gigs. Fair enough not my place to judge at all, but I wouldnt join this band even if someone paid me alot and it seems he couldnt really see the problem around the band or this dude.

Self entitled weiner. He is clearly a total douchebag. With one of the worst publicized band attitudes I can remember hearing/reading. Certainly UK based anyhow. And to be quite honest, bands with members like that do not deserve any success and to play great festival shows etc. I hope they disappear for ever and we never have to see or hear of him and his BS again.
    Yes the music is great so lets hope that aspect carries on in other bands without him.

16. Necropitated

Necropitated SS.org Regular

Can confirm the canceled show(s). Weird seeing bands not giving statements about canceled shows anymore....looking at The Faceless.

17. anomynous

anomynous SS.org Regular

Al Mu'min is a joke.

18. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

So both Techfest headliners cancelled without a statement?

So their guitarist was kicked out for no reason and the bassist left yesterday after Al cancelled their techfest appearances. Back to square one for The Haarp Machine again.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  19. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I can't hear the guy's name without imagining [​IMG]

20. JustMac

JustMac ss not-so-regular

Where!? I want it, if only to be depressed by how far beyond my ability it is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.