The $GME gamestonk thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by mbardu, Jan 27, 2021.

1. penguin_316

penguin_316 SS.org Regular

I didn’t say that Melvin had the ITM call options, several in the Reddit army had massive amounts of ITM call options the day of the manipulation down to $100. The app literally said taking physical delivery was not allowed due to volitility or some type of garbage.

I forget their exact verbiage, but the point is people couldn’t get access to shares they legally had access to purchase. If you believe the liquidity of robinhood had anything to do with the manipulation that day, I can’t really remove the cloth over your eyes. Liquidity has nothing to do with restricting trading the second market opens causing a panic, simultaneously locking out Reddit discord, and flooding Reddit with bots causing a blackout of the website for those few hours.

Here let Jim Cramer explain it to you, this footage has been taken down so many times. But cats out of the bag Cramer...actually watch it and listen to the strategies. Sound familiar?

Now, In 1971, we left the gold standard and the dollar currently isn’t pegged to anything except the faith of the US government. It has been rapidly declining since, check the charts. Sorry, I assumed you were actually educated in the subject at hand, which is why I picked that timeline. Also, I was driving while doing it...so I could only expand it so far.

Still irrelevant, the dollar is crashing. People with a brain are ditching it as fast as possible for assets. You can buy grossly overinflated stocks with P/E ratios of 1400s, you can buy gold like a boomer, or you can buy Bitcoin.

Time has already shown the clear pick, when you come around you’re going to find you have tons of dollars. Everyone will, because they won’t have any value.

mbardu likes this.
  2. penguin_316

penguin_316 SS.org Regular

The current price of Bitcoin may go up and may go down (we’re in the middle of the bull market so I’m going to say up). You need to think about long term when you buy Bitcoin, it’s not a pump and dump. It also isn’t a get rich quick scheme. You need to ask yourself about the future of money, and whether you actually believe the US dollar is a sound base for your future.

3. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

doge is a meme joke that celebrities use to bolster their self esteem and, most likely, their pockets. I don't find it hard to imagine Elon tossing a few bucks at it right before he posts a meme, watches it climb for twenty-four hours or so, then sells. And most likely tokes his way through the whole thing laughing his high as fuck ass off the whole way. Snoop and him probably had grand fun comparing strains while pumping it over the weekend.

I know some folks would scream bloody murder about it but I find the whole thing hilarious. Anybody that legit loses a ton of money due to doge is a freakin' idjit, but I'd have no trouble tossing twenty at it when it's tanked just to join in on the fun and wait for Musk's next round of chicanery. I've lost more with less potential several times over the years.

4. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Say what you will about Doge, it's holding up a lot better than GME. :lol:

Merrekof and StevenC like this.
  5. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

"There were no more shorts" they said.
    "The price would never have gone any higher" they said.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreet..._interactive_brokers_ceo_admits_that_without/

So both of the things above were lies and the halts were indeed there to fuck over the longs and save the shorts. Tell me that shit isn't rigged.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    budda, Demiurge and steinmetzify like this.
  6. BlackSG91

BlackSG91 Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs

7. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

It will be interesting to see what comes out of it. By that I mean whether there will be restrictions on retail investors under the auspices of "consumer protections".

8. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Fuckin back up to $168 AH, wth

9. philkilla

philkilla Baritone Maniac Contributor

The moon is back on the menu.

jaxadam and Mathemagician like this.
  10. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

GME, Bitcoin, and Tesla are all being propelled by FOMO and emotion. Stocks are traditionally based on past growth and future projection, but GME being pumped by fanboi’s and not by the companies actually growth potential has no longevity. Bitcoin booming or busting just based on Elon’s latest tweet proves its value is all speculation. Tesla being worth more than Ford or GM while never turning a profit on cars is just FOMO for those wanting it to be the next Apple or Amazon. I have already seen two market crashes in my life, hoping all this nonsense doesn’t drag the rest of it down. Sell when it’s up and don’t hold too long guys!

steinmetzify and Jonathan20022 like this.
  11. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

GM and Ford would be bankrupt if they weren't bailed out by the US Government. GM lost $50 billion in 3 years before the government wrote them a $50 billion check, of which it wrote off $16 billion. Tesla is currently $2 billion in debt. So not sure your point here makes any sense.

Tesla is forward thinking. They aren't just selling cars, they are looking to disrupt the entire energy market. GM and Ford are still stuck selling oversized SUVs to Karens and guzzling pickups to middle America. If I had to buy and hold between these, I would pick Tesla and not even second guess the choice. And no, I'm not a Tesla fanboy. It is just considerably smarter to put your money into a company that isn't relying on congress to be successful.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Merrekof likes this.
  12. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

For the record Ford didn't take any bailout money, and while overall buy and hold of Tesla isn't a terrible idea they are only making profit due to sales of regulatory credits. Which seems very dependent on Congress (or state lawmakers) to be successful.

Overall I am pro Tesla as a concept and company but the stock is incredibly over valued.

vilk, Randy, SpaceDock and 2 others like this.
  13. fantom

fantom Misses his 6 strings

I agree Tesla depends on selling credits. In 3 years they made $2.5 billion on credits. That is about the same amount GM makes in profit in a year. It isn't sustainable, but do they have a long term plan is the key.

Ford didn't file bankruptcy, but they took about $6 billion Government loan to build fuel efficient cars (haha) that helped it avoid bankruptcy.

I never said I didn't think Tesla is overvalued. I said I'd buy it over GM or Ford without a second thought.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Dineley likes this.
  14. Forkface

Forkface Feast on this.

this is the most fun ive had related to the stock market in my few meager years of investing.
    also, the amount of reading i've done directly because of this GME nonsense was worth the price of admission. buying gme shares has been the equivalent of paying for a finance class in college or something lmao.

15. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Bitcoin on the skid, wonder if this is repeat of 2018.

16. bulb

bulb SS.org Regular

I'm just gonna DCA a bit on the way down as I think BTC has shown that it has promise as a long hold. Same (and perhaps even more so) with ETH, especially with NFT platforms using it as the blockchain.

17. nightflameauto

nightflameauto SS.org Regular

After the big fall from Elon and Gates both trash talking it a week or so ago, Bitcoin seems to have fallen back into its regular pattern of falling over the weekend and rising slowly come Monday. It doesn't appear to be in any form of free-fall, though who knows when Elon takes another hit off the bong and spouts off more nonsense about it what it'll do.

It was slightly troubling to me that the fall it did have was reflected in nearly all other crypto currencies in the same time period. Anybody banking on any non bitcoin crypto being more stable is probably going to be in for a rude awakening if Bitcoin does fall through the floor.

18. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

Aaaaaand it's back over 200$

ElysianGuitars likes this.
  19. mbardu

mbardu SS.org Regular

250$

20. TimSE

TimSE Tone Chasr Contributor

Ayyye bois
    We still in this. End of the clearing cycle end of March. Been on a discord FULL of nerds dedicated to figuring out the real state behind GME and the info. The SEC released a new ruling last Friday saying the DTCC and clearing houses wont bail the Hedge funds (the shorters) out after theyve dug themselves in, instead of covering.

They didn't cover, they doubled and tripled down. That new ruling is the worst news going, for them. Not surprising to see constant more steady price increases from Monday this week.
    Next couple weeks could be NUTS! they could still go mental with ITM Put Options again to bring the price down. Anyway, I ramble. Legit $1k very likely, but anything over 2-3k is very unrealistic. Other institutional owners will sell off before those prices happen. 100% my opinion though. I could be COMPLETELY wrong and this actually does go into $10k+