The Gibson Adam Jones (Tool) Sig is here

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Now if you're ok with waiting 20 years you still got a free investment: you will "discover it" in a "barn find" somewhere and then sell it as original once the active legal window closes forever. Since I see dudes on YT bragging about smashing the speed limit with video proof... but well after the fact, I do suppose crime in the USA has an "expiration date" so to speak.
Statue of Limitations. ;)

Demiurge

Intrepid Jackass
Reaction score
^Might as well if you want a silverburst that bad, right? It's kind of funny that the 'story' of Adam Jones' own silverburst is that he picked-up an odd duck of a guitar and made it something popular (and expensive). I dunno- the more interesting thing to replicate here isn't the guitar finish but rather the search for an odd duck of one's own.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Reaction score
I went away for a while and thought about this - I'm actually not opposed to it being 10k. What shits me is that they are making 79 of them. The ultra-expensive collector thing is fine, maybe limit the number a bit more, otherwise it just comes off as a blatant cash grab. Even if these cost $5k each to make, that's still a tidy 395k someone is pocketing.

Hoss632

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Gibson is over priced to begin with when you get into their custom shop and what not. But this is just ridiculous honestly. Nothing about that guitar is worth 10 grand.

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Tool fans will spend obscene amounts of money for scalped tickets any a bottle of Maynard’s personal wine. I’m actually surprised they didn’t ask MORE than 10k for the relic’d custom. I know a few physicians that are huge TOOL fans and would have grabbed one of these without a second thought.

Given that idea, these are likely investment pieces that will go up un value. Provided Gibson doesn’t take the Slash route and keep releasing new models that dilute the market.

Original 70’s silverbursts still fetch a pretty penny, especially since Adam came onto the scene, popularizing the model. I’m sure that 79 more on the market didn’t just kill the demand.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and given the fact they sold out immediately shows me they’re in fact worth it.
It's very surprising to me that this is such a hard concept to grasp for some people. Seriously, this guitar wasn't meant for everyone to own. Not even Tool fans I'm sure. It's a limited model and priced where they wanted it to be, and low and behold it sold out in minutes. It's no different than any other super limited artist model they've done in the past.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moreso, the value for those who can afford it is that you can't.

False assumption based on the tendency to assume that people that can afford stuff care what anyone else thinks. Having spent time with people who can actually afford nice stuff and being able to afford some nice stuff myself, most of them don't give a fuck and buy things because they enjoy them.

park0496

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought one of the VOS models from zZounds When they randomly listed them the Friday after the launch. It’s a great guitar and I’m enjoying it. I’ve had a couple other LPCs and they’ve all been great!

look at those new Hendrix models...

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Gibson decided to remake the stolen LPCs. Not best info for collectors that received their ordered guitars, but very good news for people that ordered guitars that were stolen.

possumkiller

Square Dance Caller
Reaction score
Good on Gibson for a change. And fuck collectors. They have enough cash to waste on one of these, they have enough to collect something else.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the Adam Jones Flying V to be officially revealed. And if that gets the Epiphone treatment, I'm in serious trouble.

soliloquy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Epiphone-Adam-Jones-signature-imminent.jpg

teaser

source: https://www.gearnews.com/adam-jones...ature-model-1979-les-paul-custom-silverburst/