The Gibson Adam Jones (Tool) Sig is here

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's being advertised as a "multi-year partnership", and given similar releases, there's probably a regular Gibson USA model coming down the pike. They're getting the big budget, super fan stuff out of the way.

I had missed that, that's good to hear. This one is too expensive for me but I'd definitely think about a regular production model!

coupe89

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Using that faulty logic almost every guitar is a "signature model".
But the Les Paul is Les Paul's signature guitar. The really weird thing is that Les Paul has his own signature Les Paul too the recording model.

godgrinder

Doom what thou wilt
Reaction score
But sucks for tool fans who have bene waiting for this to happen.

They had all the time in the world to buy a real 1979 Silverburst at $3000 before the price went through the roof this year though.

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I missed out on every single pre-order I tried to get because I had no idea they were made available for purchase.

Now I'm on the hunt on the secondary market and totally striking out...

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I missed out on every single pre-order I tried to get because I had no idea they were made available for purchase.

Man these things are gonna be craaaaazy fucking overpriced once they hit the used market I imagine. Best hope is that Gibson does a full production model. I get the feeling that Adam wouldn't want that though.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
Oh my lord. What in the actual fuck.

I'm so glad that even though I'm a massive Adam Jones fan, I feel absolutely no need to own a Silverburst (never liked the colour). If I was fanatic and this was my dream guitar, I'd be so anxious and mad right now.

sirbuh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Yeah its not gonna end well.

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah its not gonna end well.

I'm getting that feeling. I'll regret it if I don't try though.

Really wish ANY announcement would have been made about pre-orders. By the time I started calling around, they were all gone. I probably called 100 shops, no exaggeration.

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh my lord. What in the actual fuck.

I'm so glad that even though I'm a massive Adam Jones fan, I feel absolutely no need to own a Silverburst (never liked the colour). If I was fanatic and this was my dream guitar, I'd be so anxious and mad right now.

Welcome to my current life haha

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm getting that feeling. I'll regret it if I don't try though.

Really wish ANY announcement would have been made about pre-orders. By the time I started calling around, they were all gone. I probably called 100 shops, no exaggeration.

There are always cancelations. Don't stop trying.

park0496

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Zzounds had the VOS model up for pre-orders most of Friday.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does the person with $16k to throw around on a guitar disgust you more?

That's kinda where I'm at with this stuff.

Last time I said something like this here I was told off for trying to tell people what to do with their money lol.

In this particular situation the body is not even cold. It's not that there's been a few years since the model was out and it picked up in value. Someone literally bought one or two to sell in an outrageous price. It's like that dick that bought Mustaine's guitar and a year later he was selling them for ridiculous prices. Only like literally the same or next day they got their hands on these guitars.

The person who would buy this guitar I don't know. It's either a moron with more money than common sense or someone planning to sell it in a couple of years for double that so they go back to the previous category.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last time I said something like this here I was told off for trying to tell people what to do with their money lol.

In this particular situation the body is not even cold. It's not that there's been a few years since the model was out and it picked up in value. Someone literally bought one or two to sell in an outrageous price. It's like that dick that bought Mustaine's guitar and a year later he was selling them for ridiculous prices. Only like literally the same or next day they got their hands on these guitars.

The person who would buy this guitar I don't know. It's either a moron with more money than common sense or someone planning to sell it in a couple of years for double that so they go back to the previous category.

It wasn't a grear flipper, it was a store. It was also in The Netherlands, so some of that price has to do with being outside North America, where Gibson stuff tends to be more expensive. Not to mention it was open to offers, so who knows what it sold for.

Edika

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It wasn't a grear flipper, it was a store. It was also in The Netherlands, so some of that price has to do with being outside North America, where Gibson stuff tends to be more expensive. Not to mention it was open to offers, so who knows what it sold for.

I was not aware of that. If it was the signed example, that was about 10K, then maybe it was due to VAT and difference in Euros vs Dollars. Stuff is more expensive here for sure but Gibson has been on the better side of the US brands selling in Europe. But it depends on the dealer too. The Slash signatures were quite reasonably priced and not miles apart from the US price. More expensive for sure but not crazily more.

I was watching Trogly's show and he did mention two or three sellers in Reverb selling at that price or close to that. I didn't follow up to see if any of them was out of the US and they were actual shops I just found that in extremely poor taste.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was not aware of that. If it was the signed example, that was about 10K, then maybe it was due to VAT and difference in Euros vs Dollars. Stuff is more expensive here for sure but Gibson has been on the better side of the US brands selling in Europe. But it depends on the dealer too. The Slash signatures were quite reasonably priced and not miles apart from the US price. More expensive for sure but not crazily more.

I was watching Trogly's show and he did mention two or three sellers in Reverb selling at that price or close to that. I didn't follow up to see if any of them was out of the US and they were actual shops I just found that in extremely poor taste.

I've just noticed that there's something of a knee-jerk reaction to Reverb pricing that's fairly unwarranted given the ability to negotiate and make offers.

park0496

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, they were up for at least 6-8 hrs. Do you remember the buckethead sig 8 or 9 years ago? What they did with those was they gave their orders to Gibson and Gibson made more guitars to fulfill. Fingers crossed they come through like that again haha

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, they were up for at least 6-8 hrs. Do you remember the buckethead sig 8 or 9 years ago? What they did with those was they gave their orders to Gibson and Gibson made more guitars to fulfill. Fingers crossed they come through like that again haha

I can't believe I didn't know. I looked on Zzsounds and I can't even find the page for it so they must've taken it down after it sold out.

If you Google "Adam Jones signature Les Paul", no retail links come up.