The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

People don't think it be like it is but it do.

2. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Other versions of cleaning out my ears like peroxide triggers my might be on the spectrum autism, I'm all for packing the earwax in there to delay the inevitable.

3. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Wife had a dentist's appointment this morning, and she gets really goddamned anxious about those so she has to take medication to avoid getting a panic attack in there. Thanks to the medication I had to drive her there, and at the same time I had my daily checkup at work... So to save petrol and time, I decided to sit in the car in the parking lot and have the Teams-meeting there :lol: Now, 3 hours later I'm basically still freezing my ass off.

4. Kaura

Kaura Le Petit Caporal

Went to a private clinic because I still couldn't hear anything with my right ear. Had to pay 50 euros to get the ears washed and my right ear still feels stuck. Should've just waited for a work day and made the company pay for it.

5. Nicki

Nicki SS.org Regular

We painted the spare bedroom which I'm currently using as an office to work from home. This room will eventually become a nursery which is what we were planning for when we bought the paint. It's an ugly neon green that is not suitable for either purpose and I hate it. Now I have to go buy more paint and paint this room a second time.

BlackMastodon, _MonSTeR_ and Merrekof like this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

my post amount/like amount were both over 15k and now they're not. GIVE ME BACK MY IMAGINARY INTERNET CLOUT ALEX

Edika and Seabeast2000 like this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

They're still above 15k. Did I miss something?

8. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

My prayers to overlord Alex were clearly answered, duh.

9. DrakkarTyrannis

DrakkarTyrannis

Had to redo some vocals on my W.A.S.P cover. I've never sang so hard in all my life, legit.

10. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Working out of town, been gone a month.

Was supposed to go home tomorrow for a week for some rest and Thanksgiving, but because of Covid, there’s a chance I might have to quarantine for two weeks not earning $ when I return.

Talked to my wife about it, makes no sense to either of us, so now I’m just staying here until Christmas Eve. Making $, but it sort of blows...

Edika likes this.
  11. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  12. Brutal08

Brutal08 SS.org Regular

Bought a car and winter tires for the car and my truck. The next week I got a call that my Dingwall I was expecting for april 2021 is ready to ship and waiting for the last payment to ship...

13. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Priorities man.. sell the winter tires for this season. Who needs 'm anyway with global warming and all.. :p

What Dingwall did you order?

14. Brutal08

Brutal08 SS.org Regular

I guess northern quebec has not been noticed about global warming!

I ordered a combustion ng3 6 string in ferrari green

Merrekof and BlackMastodon like this.
  15. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Buying clothes online is too much of a gamble with sizing sometimes, hope that winter parka I just ordered is fitting properly. With jackets I usually fall somewhere between small and medium, so I ordered medium this time because my body measurements were more close to that size. Finding something that is waterproof to some degree and warm enough is also hard, because it rains water like hell in here from november to december, or if it gets cold enough then snow. Good thing is that I got 40% off from the original price of 300€.

16. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Oh okay, and here in Belgium we had the warmest october on record and the november temperature is higher than normal as well.

Niiiiice, I own a Comb 5. Best bass I ever played.

17. Brutal08

Brutal08 SS.org Regular

Cant wait to compare with my warwicks!

Im doing overtime like a madman right now! Im somekind of a workaholic so its not a big hassle... Except my boss already had a meeting with me he though i had a drug problem... ...im just alergic to credit and like to pay my stuff cash!

18. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Never played a Warwick. I found the multiscale to be the biggest difference in feel. It took me 5 mins to get used to and I haven't looked back since.

I know how you feel, I ordered my bass after I got the funds together.

19. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I got my lip pierced last night.

I've wanted to do it since I was like 14-15, and actually tried to do it with a safety pin before (I got it about halfway through my lip when I realized I didn't want it pierced that bad). Then after I was old enough to actually get it pierced, I was too worried about trying to be a normie, and then not doing it out of respect for my boss that didn't like that kind of stuff. Well, the place I worked for got bought out, and piercings are verboten, but due to doing the fact that I'm only working hard enough to not get fired until I find a new job, and having to wear a mask now because of covid, I figured it was time to YOLO.

I got it fairly close to my lip so if I need to I can put a less noticeable piece of jewelry in after it's healed as needed, but, Jesus Christ, it's high enough that every time I try to eat something the back of the stud they put in it catches on my tooth and it feels like I'm trying to rip it through my lip.

But I've spent 15 years going back and forth on getting my lip pierced, and now that I did it my wife and I are arguing over whether I should do spider bites or snake bites. I'm thinking a spider bite with a ring that goes through both of them, but she's saying snake bites.

Also, the song on the radio after we got done (she got her labret pierced)...I hurt myself today To see if I still feel I focus on the pain The only thing that's real The needle tears a hole The old familiar sting. :gayfight:

20. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

[​IMG]

Merrekof likes this.