The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Bought some new shorts from Old Navy in the same size as my jeans (also from them), they're tight and I can't tell if it's because I'm a hair too large for them or just general "new close tightness." Feeling uncertain, I did also order the next size up since none of the stores have them in stock, and of course the default address was parent's place that I moved from six months ago. So now I'll have to pick those up next weekend before any cookouts.

2. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Damn those states where you have desert climate, it's hell. It's been around 25-30 celsius in here for a week, but I don't complain... it's nice and warm for a change from winter when it can get around minus 25-30 here in southern Finland. Though we don't have air conditioning in a rented apartment, and it gets too hot for inside temperature.

Which generated one first world problem, sort of. Our cats don't eat their wet food because it's temperature is not what they're used to, and it gets bad after sitting a while. Picky little bastards :shannon:

BlackMastodon and c7spheres like this.
  3. Daemoniac

Daemoniac Rivethead Magnate. Contributor

Weight gain.

Put on 15kg in the last 12 months because I was so stressed and unhappy, just a mixture of not eating when I should, and eating shit when I did. With the fibro, it's going to be hard as shit to actually exercise, so I have to hope I can lose it just by eating less.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  4. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

It's been nearly 30°C for a couple of weeks here already. I don't mind, I have AC anyway so it's nice and cool inside the house.

My first world problem is that it's been nice and warm for a couple of weeks now, but now that my vacation is starting on Wednesday, the forecast is showing rain and temperatures below 20°C :( Probably gonna rain all summer...

Edika likes this.
  5. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

I demand "gainy" be a playable word in Wordscapes.

6. Seabeast2000

I want a rescue/surrender Airedale. But we are maxed with 3 dogs in the house now.

7. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Stuck between two really cool guitars and can’t choose. Might have to buy both.

sirbuh likes this.
  8. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

I was cleaning my guitar and somehow bumped it, broke the pot apart and jammed the knob on so hard it broke when I pulled it off, then after I rewired it a couple days later, I don't have a working bridge pickup now.

Either I have a bad solder somewhere, or I wired it wrong because I did it from memory. It was a couple days between when it took the old pot out and put the new one in. I've rewired it plenty of times trying out pickups, but I found a set I liked like 5-7 years ago, so I probably remembered wrong.

9. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

I lost my pizza cutter and had to cut up a frozen pizza with a knife.

Edika and ImNotAhab like this.
  10. r33per

r33per SS.org Regular

What a pain in the bagpipes.

ImNotAhab likes this.
  11. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

I have gone down a rabbit hole of observing PlayStation vs Xbox fanboys. It's a trainwreck and I can't look away, I am just so damned fascinated.

I feel sorry for anyone whose ego is tied up in a consumer electronic device produced by a megacorporation that is only interested in separating you your money and you feel some how superior to people who bought a slightly different consumer electronic device produced by a different megacorporation that is only interested in separating you your money.

If that not a first world problem...

12. steinmetzify

Don’t even get me started on the ‘PC MASTER RACE’ guys. It’s fuckin video games. Don’t get me wrong, I play a lot of video games, but damn. There are things worth arguing about in life and this isn’t one of them.

XPT707FX and ImNotAhab like this.
  13. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

Hahahaha, totally agree dude. I have owned several competing consoles and I have never felt it gave me the license to use racial slurs, derogatory language or make wild claims about a stranger's mother and her alleged promiscuity.

XPT707FX and Edika like this.
  14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I make video games, and I'll be the first to say some people take them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. "It's just entertainment, folks."

15. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

I'm trying to sleep and my neighbor is holding a driveway screening of Hamilton.

With a projector and what appears to be a club-sized PA rig

Fuuuuuuuck

Furtive Glance, ImNotAhab and Edika like this.
  16. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Some people here cut their cooked pizza with scissors...with scissors...

17. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

:ban:

ImNotAhab, XPT707FX and r33per like this.
  18. steinmetzify

Brother came into town for the 4th; so much vodka and so much weed and I don’t have a FUCKIN THING TO DO TOMORROW

19. Seabeast2000

[​IMG]

20. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

The thing with PC vs consoles is result of growing standards in graphics and frame rate. It really depends what kind of games you play, but in anything fast paced difference of 60Hz and 144Hz is a big jump in smoothness of game play. Jump from 144 to something even higher doesn't seem to be that much difference. Add to that some sort of synchronizing technology such as v-sync or g-sync.

Playing with my four year old PS4 and 43" 1080p TV is totally sucky experience compared to what I can do with my PC. Low 30fps refresh rate, no sync technologies, terrible input lag and 1080x1920 pixels stretched to a 43" screen = blurry and stuttering experience. At least we have planned to get a new TV when the PS5 comes. Something with at least 120Hz, v-sync, and 4k resolution.

steinmetzify likes this.