The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

In the modern age of self-isolation and social-distance, one pair of pants can last you the whole week! Assuming you even bother with pants anymore.

c7spheres likes this.
  2. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

^ now thats the spirit! lol

but as someone who worked from home many years ago, I can tell you, not only the pants, if the weather was good I could rock the tshirt for a week too. Times like winter in which you never sweat, this was pretty easy to do :p .... summer is a different story tho

the joys of living alone :)

3. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

I have to hunker down and resume fairly intense study for a beefy exam. When you get older, study discipline seems to get harder. I have a plan, its just doing it and not letting those daily hours slip away. Challenge accepted, self.

Edika likes this.
  4. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I don't think time worn is the best criterion; I try to go by liters of sweat excreted.

A-Branger likes this.
  5. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

I am feeling some stress about getting my basement finished. Yeah, I have enough money to pay for a sweet basement remodel and it won’t tap out my reserves, but that is why this is a FWP thread. Spending tens of thousands of dollars makes me anxious and I am dreading dealing with the construction. This is my struggle....

steinmetzify likes this.
  6. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

The Covid scare is over where I'm at, so business is back to normal, plus we're getting a bunch of customers from our competitors that aren't family owned and corporate decided to close them down. So I'm working my ass off, going as fast as I can for 10 hours a day, plus my dad's barn burned down a couple months ago and I've started helping him rebuild his Power Wagon that was in it.

I've been wanting to play guitar, but goddamn, I'm so worn out by Saturday evening I can barely even pick up a guitar case.

7. ImNotAhab

ImNotAhab ChronicUnderachiever

The PS5 reveal was quite underwhelming. Some Cool stuff for sure but a little.... meh.

I was going to post this in the Why Are You Sad Thread but realized this is definitely a First World Problem-post.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  8. Alimination

Alimination Space Adventurer

got my new macbook pro! It's pretty awesome!

but I need to get a new interface, since they killed off firewire :/

ImNotAhab likes this.
  9. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Or you could buy a thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter and a thunderbolt 2 to firewire adapter. Apparently that should do the trick. It will likely cost pretty much the same as a small usb-interface (which you'll also need an adapter for, but at least the adapter can also have hdmi etc in it...)

If someone knows of a direct tb3->fw adapter for a reasonable price, please tell me asap :lol: I'm using a separate PC for audio stuff at the moment because of said restraint...

10. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

My mom rented a cottage for a week, so I've been doing my remote work from the terrace, kids have been to the beach several times every day etc. But now the week is over :(

BlackMastodon and Edika like this.
  11. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

+28 celsius at friday, could be near 30 in some areas... it's finnish midsummer celebration and my pale northern european skin is going to burn.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Sumsar and c7spheres like this.
  12. Kaura

Kaura single-coils do djent!

Some dickhead probably tried to break into my car's gas tank during the weekend because today I noticed that the gas tank cover was sort of dislocated and it wasn't like that the last time I looked at it.

Also, while it's nice that it's finally sunny and hot here I forgot to drink enough today and now I feel delirious.

13. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Don't worry, it's gonna rain anyway, no matter what the forecast says :lol:

c7spheres and Metropolis like this.
  14. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

UPS sucks ass. They don't call you, they don't have a door security code to this flat. "My choice" service where you can choose delivery times and places doesn't even work in Finland. Package will be delivered next day, or it will be delivered to access point. As a private person I will avoid this at all costs in the future. I have to call their customer service if they can receive my phone number and door security code. Sometimes packages are given to local post for deliver, which takes one or two more working days at least. :coffee: :pissed:

Now their delivery change to nearest access point decided to work... which wasn't working for me before.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    c7spheres and ImNotAhab like this.
  15. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Now here's a real first world problem:

I was picking up my car from service, and because I had the timing belt changed it ended up costing 450€. But the local ATM (or whatever the new S-market one is called) had a maximum limit of 400. So I had to take my card out and insert it again to withdraw the remaining 50€.

16. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

You know what happened to me last week? I went out to get pizza, but the local pizzeria does not have a debit card terminal so I went out to get cash money out of the ATM. Withdrew 50€, and on the very last moment the little door closed, clamping one of the 50€ bills corner. I did not want to risk tearing the bill so I withdrew another 20. :(
    I took a photo of that but now I have a new phone and that photo is nowhere to be found :(

Edika and p0ke like this.
  17. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Haha, that's even worse, lmao :lol:

18. Kaura

Kaura single-coils do djent!

I've been feeling really anxious this feel despite being on vacation and hanging out at our summer cottage. I wondered why and was like, "wait, I know this feeling" and that feeling is not being able to play guitar with proper gear. Especially now since I fucked up the pickups in my only guitar that I've got with me I can't use it even with the Microcube I've got here.

Therefore, I think I'm legit addicted to heavy tonez if that makes any sense. :lol: Can't wait to get back to home and play with my full setup.

Edika likes this.
  19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I borrowed a movie and just went to watch it... turns out the dvd isn't in the case. I instead have a copy of Red Dead 2, for a console I don't have. :lol:

Edika and ImNotAhab like this.
  20. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

- I'm so jealous! I'd give anything for that weather right about now :lol:
    - The hottest recorded temp here in AZ was 128f (53.3 celsius) but it's always much hotter in areas with more concrete and pavement. Goes well over 150 (65c) in your car
    - Todays not so bad though, it's only going up to about 112f (44c)
    - I must get out of here. It's to hot. F$ck this Sh!t : )