The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

I did the same. Got a set of clippers for the price of a haircut. I use the longest guard for the top front and shortest one for the sides. But I use the others to fade between them so it's not a jarring transition. I cut it basically the same way they cut it when I was in the army. I just leave the top a bit longer for spiking with gel.

2. Zombie13

Zombie13 XIII

I'm always torn between the awesome feeling of playing guitar with long hair/hiding behind long hair compared to the nice and fresh feeling of having a clean cut, pompadour style look.

iamaom and Seabeast2000 like this.
  3. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

If my barber opens up again in 2 weeks as expected, then it'll have been 2 months since my last hair cut and my hair is the longest it's been since I was 17. It's just at that awkward length where I can't quite tie it back yet but it bugs the hell out of me when it's in my face so I end up wearing a hat most of the day to keep it out of my face. Normally I get a haircut every 3-4 weeks but I'm considering just growing it out at this point. I always wanted white boy dreads, now might be the perfect time. :lol:

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  4. gnoll

gnoll SS.org Regular

Uhm I just cut my own hair with kitchen scissors. Long hair always ends up annoying the shit out of me after a while, and this time around that happened a few days ago.

Tbh, I can't really see a difference in the mirror compared to some of the "pro" haircuts I've had unless I look closely. The back probably looks like shit but who cares?? It's not like I'm seeing lots of people right now, AND I have hats...

5. lurè

lurè Fake Shredder

Slowly aiming for that Jason Newsted black album hair style.

6. Daniel_91au

Daniel_91au SS.org Regular

haha so many posts about hair. But what about the hair on your head?

So first world problem of the day, all of the normal milk had sold out at the shops so I had to be extra creamy premium milk for $2 more.

Edika and _MonSTeR_ like this.
  7. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

Found out the Xbox One decided to support standard USB web cams. Webcam inventories....are a little low. :lol:

steinmetzify likes this.
  8. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

Spending the Easter weekend at our summer cottage and only guitar I brought with me was my acoustic. Haven't touched it in 6 months. I don't know what happened but half the frets are dead. It's going to be a long ass weekend now.

9. Seabeast2000

Seabeast2000 lifetime novice Contributor

FWP: Amazon offers a Subscribe and Save option for a Planet Waves guitar strap. 3 Months the most common schedule but can go as frequently as every 2 weeks. Savings= $1.33 for that favorite design.

10. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I've been using the same strap since before my kids were born. I'll change string gauges if I can get a screaming deal, but (as a guitar player that plays standing up 99% of the time) my guitar has been in the same place for 15 years. I can deal with whatever kind of picks and strings, but my guitar has to be in the same place it's always been.

Seabeast2000 likes this.
  11. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

I'm so confused. Do people need to replace their strap every 3 months? Why is that even an option on Amazon?

vilk, Ordacleaphobia and Seabeast2000 like this.
  12. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

It's mostly algorithm based. As single buyers buy multiple straps as they get new guitars it thinks it's a consumable. At least that's how I understand it. There's all kinds of stuff with questionable subscription options. :lol:

Ordacleaphobia and Seabeast2000 like this.
  13. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

I replaced a few lightswitches in my house with glass-faced touchpanels late last year and Amazon tried getting me to subscribe on them, too. Light switches.

14. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Not my first world problem but my family's.

My daughter wants Fortnite, and I won't let her get it, partially because how people talk in online games and in game purchases and all that, but also, it's fucking Fortnite.

I told her maybe when she's a little bit older (she's 9 now) but she won't want it then because it'll be an old game and it won't be cool. I told her I know more about Minecraft now than when I played it when I played it after it came out.

My daughter's mad because Fortnite, my wife's mad because she remembers when Minecraft came out and she feel old now, I'm thinking back to how I had a copy of GTA Vice City in a Madden case because my parents wouldn't let me have it.

15. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

That's not a mistake.

They're just saying you'll be needing them again a lot. And often.

Edika likes this.
  16. NotDonVito

NotDonVito molesta la breastas

not POGGERS man

Kaura likes this.
  17. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

I passed out while cooking something in the oven once again and now the apartment smells like hell. Wouldn't be a problem but I'm moving in a week so I don't want this place smelling like shit when the next settlers come in. :ugh:

18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire bring out your dead

I'm running out of room for all the cases/gigbags that came with my guitars. Also I need to install some wall hangers because I don't have enough room for another rack.

19. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Similar problem here. I cleared out a cabinet in the basement that I figured I'd line up my guitar cases in, and guess what... It's not deep enough to fit the case for my explorer straight up, and it's not wide enough to put it in the other way. The only way I managed to get it in there was diagonally - so now I have 1 cabinet for 1 guitar case :wallbash: Luckily the other cases I plan to put in there are way smaller, so I'll just have to figure out another place to keep that particular case.

20. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire bring out your dead

I feel your pain. I have a bunch of SKB and Pelican cases (including a massive explorer shaped one) and I honestly kind of hate hard cases anymore. They just take up way too much room, while I can just shove soft gigbags in all kind of spots.
    Worst part is the cases are EVERYWHERE. In the closet, under the spare bed, tucked into every corner of the room. I guess I could throw them all in my garage but that just makes accessing crap in my garage worse :rant2: