The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by steinmetzify, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

To solve this problem me and my buddy just started making our own. We picked up like $100 in meat and made a a couple gallon bags worth of jerky. Absolutely worth it.

gabito and Kaura like this.
  2. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

Nice, I'd never have the skillz or patience to go through that. Maybe someday...

3. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

For what its worth, the best beef jerky I've ever eaten was homemade.

4. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

It only sucks if your store won't cut the meat for you- our guy is pretty easygoing so we were able to get ours cut for free.
    You'd be really surprised how easy the process is if you haven't tried it before.

Kaura likes this.
  5. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I grew up eating homemade jerky, and only had Jack Links recently. I have to say, I don't know if it's because I've never had jerky made out of beef before, or just because it's too thick and chewy, it's about as inedible as vegan food.

I haven't actually made it myself, but jerking meat can't be any harder than making hamburger out of deer meat.

6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Thy Fart is Murder

Jack Links is dogshit jerky.

BornToLooze likes this.
  7. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Waiting for the goddamned press conference about the crisis legislation to start, so I'll know whether my daughter is allowed to go to daycare tomorrow or not. Already delayed by an hour...

... And now it finally started.

8. Merrekof

Merrekof SS.org Regular

Same here, except it is wether or not the whole nation will go into lockdown tomorrow.

9. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

That's the only brand I've ever had. Can't even imagine how godlike home-made is because Jack Links is pretty godlike by my standards already...

10. KnightBrolaire

We have a ton of smaller manufacturers in the usa that make better stuff imo. Duke makes really good sausages/jerky.

11. BornToLooze

Imagine your idea of metal is Nickleback, that's Jack Links. Homemade deer jerky is this...

Kaura likes this.
  12. Kaura

Kaura biding his time

Tried out some guitars in a store just an hour ago and my hands are still stinging despite washing them thorougly with water and soap after I got home. Anyone else can relate? It's not the first time. Some of those floor models can be absolutely dirty.

13. KnightBrolaire

Went to buy some dumbbells since gyms are closed. Nothing left except 25lb kettlebells. Great, guess I'm gonna have to go super old school and just do strongman shit with shit in my house.

14. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

The Craigslist microcosm will be an interesting ride this year, or maybe its already started...... ie: FS: Home Gym barely used, bought new 2020, $450.

Furtive Glance likes this.
  15. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

How is it that every automated phone service doesn't have an option to leave you number and call you back when it's your turn in the queue? I fully understand that shit has hit the fan, call centres are either empty or working remotely, but for fuck's sake, get with the times. Even when we aren't in the middle of a pandemic I don't want to sit on the phone waiting for 20+ minutes. I just left my phone on for 90 minutes with my bank trying to get through to them because they don't have an option to update my investor profile online.

16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Unfortunately, I suspect it's just as likely that there are call centers still packed with people out there. Banks, phone companies, etc - can't send people home (personal information problems, equipment problems, trust problems, etc), but also are arguably essential for things to keep moving.

We had a similar conversation/argument this morning about how people in game testing are still, in some places, going into work - since they're under similar circumstances to that of a call center worker. It's getting a lot of.... I'll call them strong reactions out of some of the community.

17. BornToLooze

Because of all the Coronavirus stuff, we've been slow at work, so my boss was doing his workout at work instead of going home to do it.

One dude we work with is kind of a bitch, so we wanted to see if he could do a bench press (135 lbs). We managed 2 and that made him start running his mouth about if I could do it.

Just a heads up, if you have a messed up back, warm up with just the bar to pop everything back into where it's supposed to be. I did find out I can do about 3/4 of benching 135 with one arm and using the other one just to balance the bar.

You would think I would know that, considering my backs been messed up for 10 years but you know...
    [​IMG]

18. Kobalt

Kobalt SS.org Regular

April 24th delivery date off Amazon.

WTF :lol:

ImNotAhab likes this.
  19. Daniel_91au

Daniel_91au SS.org Regular

Last year I did a substantial move from the city to the country. The drive from my work to my home has kangaroos everywhere, this is how people stereotype Australia and usually when tourists assume there are kangaroos every we laugh and explain the reality. But for me, their really is kangaroos everywhere so now I don't know what to say!

tedtan likes this.
  20. possumkiller

possumkiller SS.org Regular

I keep misreading this thread title as The First World War Problem Thread.

p0ke and Edika like this.